IMDb > "Partners" (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Partners"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Partners" More at IMDbPro »

I love this show

Author: koolly109 from Australia
9 October 2012

Contrary to what the first few reviews say, I find this show to be hilarious!! The chemistry between the characters are excellent and the jokes are witty and funny. I was hooked on this show just by watching the promo.

I loved watching Will & Grace and I hope this show doesn't get cancelled because it's one of my favourite new shows for this year. David Krumholtz and Sophia Bush have great chemistry together as well as Michael Urie and Brandon Routh. Michael Urie adds a lot of humor to this show with his acting. He was really good on Ugly Betty so fingers crossed this show gets to stay on air

Lightweight and Snappy:)

Author: pianys from Sweden
25 September 2012

I'm glad I checked the first two user reviews after I watched the first episode, or I probably wouldn't have bothered, since they were rather negative, and a 4.4 rating will sometimes scare me off as well. Anyhow, I'm glad I gave this new show a chance to entertain me, and entertained I was!

David Krumholtz and Sophia Bush both have great personalities, they can keep it low-key and still get the message across, and their style was contrasted nicely to Michael Urie's more over the top comedic mannerisms. Brandon Routh seems solid and likable, hopefully his character will develop into the series.

I was in the mood for something light and funny, something to watch that would simply entertain and make me smile, and Partners gave me that. I enjoyed the snappiness, Urie's facial expressions and body language, bordering on too much - and the clapping transitions didn't bother me one bit:)

In short: Fast paced jokes, fine cast, enjoyable and easy. I think it has potential, for sure!

The 1 star Reviewers must be cast-offs from the Audition

Author: kibo2001 from United States
9 October 2012

This show is fresh and funny, funny funny. The chemistry and tension between Michael Urie and his best friend is tense and crazy. I'm a 48 yr old woman and laugh so hard that my hubby thinks I'm going loony. I enjoy the way the writers go out of their way to make Urie's life-partner an under-the-top gay character instead of a flame. It's not expected which makes for a good and funny surprise. Plus I can see it adding a new direction in gay sit-coms. Good job writers! But I have to say that the darling of the show is Urie. He is effortlessly funny and I can't tell that he's acting. I feel like I'm in the office or apartment with him. I adored him on Ugly Betty and glad to see the network took a chance on him carrying his own show. He reminds me of a male Lucille Ball. Kudos to Partners. Keep up the good work!

Partners

Author: Cole Jay from North America
7 January 2013

Partners is one of the best shows I've seen in ages. I've heard recently that it's cancelled. And my first thought was WTH?!? It's hilarious! Joe and Louis are the best new characters my family and I have seen yet, Wyatt is a great secondary character, the only blot on the show is maybe Ali. She gets a little annoying at times. I can see the writers try to make her funny, but she just can't pull it off. I really hope it's not actually cancelled, and if it is, that another network picks it up. The fact that shows like Two Broke Girls continues on while great shows like Partners get cancelled is too hideous to comprehend.

Great TV series and so hilarious

Author: cassandra_espano (cassandra_espano@yahoo.com) from United States
12 October 2012

I loved the concept of this show. To be honest, i love this show more than how i met your mother.I hope this show goes on! The humor is outstanding. And it is all because of good acting. the cast is great, the story is amazing, the jokes are full of humor. I hope this show goes on. Whether only a few are watching, it is better than one. I was hoping the screen time would be longer as well...i wanted to see more. Im not sure whether the guy who's playing gay is really gay in real life, but he is very talented. He's actually the funniest. But of course, so are the rest. I really did love watching this series. It's worth rating a 10 This TV series is worth watching. I loved every second of it. Cant wait to see more until it gets so crispy. Good job and keep it up Partners

Will you Grace us with 9 seasons please (at least)

Author: janvl0412 from Belgium
5 October 2012

I'm giving this a generous 10 first of all because this is by the creators of Will and Grace, to this day my favorite sitcom of all time, and secondly because I would love another 8 seasons of witty one-liners, characters that grow on you until they've taken such a place in your life (yes, even when you have one) it actually hurts to say goodbye. This starts out as good as Will and Grace did, Jim Burrows came back to the party, now let's hope Wyatt is Jack's distant cousin and Jack and auntie Karen will drop by sometimes. Anyways, Will and Grace references put aside, I think the premise is fairly original, even a great train for the world to get on board with, and a great example for straight boys who may find a friend in a fagela instead of a threat to their "masculinity". Now morality put aside: bring the laughter, giggles and fun.

Partners is a satiric sitcom full of relevant humor and trying to find it's footing.

Author: Gltokensp06 from United States
11 October 2012

Partners, by the creators of Will and Grace is a delightful, lightweight, fast paced show full of quips relevant to today. While some of the characters may still be shallow, the show is attempting to find it's footing and "groove" as any new show does.

Partners centers around 4 people, but 3 relationships anchored with the main characters Louis and Joe. The two are partners in architectural firm who consistently delve into each others lives meddling wherever they can. The two, who have a codependent relationship are trying to navigate their own relationships while maintaining their friendship. Often, one crosses the line and there is a conflict which by the end resolves itself in a "I only meant to help" type of way. The two main characters are flanked by each of their respective lovers who despite Joe and Louis's codependency, are there along for the ride and usually being the receivers of misguided actions.

Of course, the bar is already very high, with this show being considered the "Will and Grace" of today, it hasn't established the depth of story or emotional ties that we all had while watching WAG.

Hopefully, the writers will anchor the character's down and establish a theme for the show that is as emotional and relate-able as their previous work. The show fills a niche that had long since been forgotten with groundbreaking sitcoms and will definitely give you a laugh!

Funny Funny Funny

Author: simon-d-cesair
18 October 2012

I am so happy to see Michael Uri back on the scree. He is is just right for this role and so is th rest of the crew.

I love the straight-gay-friendship theme. All the characters are fitting right in, even the secretary, who only appears in a few scenes, is cracking me up every time.

I think all homophobic people should watch this show, just to understand that gay people don't automatically jump or flirt with any man. Did you ever want a best female friend, because they might help you with your women issues and have a better and more sensitive understanding for certain things, but your girlfriend wouldn't allow it? Just pick a gay guy :-) And this show proves it. Gay guys and straight guys CAN be friends.

Excellent! a Mix of Will & Grace/ Friends/Modern Family :)

Author: catiacruz1988
4 December 2012

Excellent! a Mix of Will & Grace/ Friends/Modern Family :) Intellectually funny.

I cant believe they're planning to cancel this show. Its just so funny. Don't let yourself get put off by the first episode which might seem a little confusing, because it just keeps on getting better :) A TV series about friendship, relationships and love and how it can all work together perfectly or hilariously.

Im surprised by the choice of actors because i am a fan of Ugly Betty (Michael Urie), One Tree Hill (Sophie Bush) and 10 Things i hate about you (David Krumholtz) and i just love how they work so well together.

Still hoping they decide to renew the show.

David Kohan and Max Mutchnick are simply amazing!

Author: Chinmay Ratnaparkhi from Lawrence, Kansas
1 October 2012

Will and Grace has always been one of my most favorite TV comedies and when I heard David and Max are co-creating another show, I was very excited to watch it. I watched the first episode, although I feel the pace of show is a bit faster than it is supposed to be, otherwise it lived up to my expectations. There are only four lead characters and yet the show is very engaging. The chemistry on the show was very good with nice give and takes, the punch lines were properly timed and overall the show was hilarious. I do not know why people have rated the show this low on IMDb while simultaneously writing wonderful reviews for it. I hope it goes a long way.