IMDb > Weighting (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Weighting More at IMDbPro »

A nice comment which is technically well done

Author: bob the moo from United Kingdom
15 December 2013

This short film can take a minute to really grasp, which is a problem because it is very short and moves very quickly for the duration of the film. Essentially a couple are breaking up; she is leaving him whereas he wants her to just wait and talk about it first. The simple situation is that she isn't sure what she wants but is impatient to get to it and thus needs to move and fast, whereas he is slower and more sedate perhaps, and would like her to stop and think – which only serves to remind her as to why she needs to go.

It is a comment I think on modern relationships but it is done in a slick and clever way. The conversation happens so quickly with the landscape changing all the time, the woman quick to take things and move on and this manifests itself in them and the camera moving quickly around the house, with lots happening all the way. It is technically very well done and, although it was clearly not done in one take, it has the appearance that it was, which I liked. The comment is a slight one but I liked how it is taken and made into this rather clever little short – it is not an earth shattering point or comment, but I liked how it came out in the form it did here.