IMDb > The Internship (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 29:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Just as expected - Thankfully

Author: Bill Jordan from Pennsylvania
10 June 2013

Far too often, you see the cast of a movie, the previews, go in with an idea of what to expect, and come out feeling you were duped out of your money. Not so with 'The Internship.' I was reluctant to see it based on some of the poor reviews I'd seen, but my wife, who pays absolutely no attention to reviews whatsoever, is a big fan of both Wilson and Vaughn (sp?), so we took the chance. We both found it to be entertaining and funny, never lagging too long before the next joke. The Google campus proved an interesting site in itself.

Of course it's a bit far-fetched, but who cares. If you like Owen and Vince either separately or together, you will likely enjoy the movie. All of the supporting actors did a commendable job as well.

Humorous Feel Good Film

Author: Alana Le
8 June 2013

I never write reviews but after seeing how the film has been reviewed as mediocre, I thought I ought to, but I'll keep it short and sweet. To be blatantly honest, I saw the film mainly because Dylan O'Brien was in it. However,now that I've seen it, I would watch it again even if Dylan O'Brien weren't in it. It was humorous and I could connect with the nerd references in the film which I found to be very funny. More than it was funny, it was refreshing. The film felt modern and was spot on about society and how it works today. The settings themselves will have you in awe at just how cool they are. All the characters were lovable as well and strayed from what I had first expected in a good way. I mean, it was impossible to not connect with them, if not at least one. The film contained that basic underdog story line but the way they executed this story line was different and I appreciated it. This isn't a film that has the biggest climax or heartfelt ending, but it will keep you smiling the entire time. A very entertaining movie through and through.

Wedding Crasher Sequel?

Author: bryanh2585 from United States
6 June 2013

The movie was great from beginning to end. I laughed harder than I have in any recent comedy I've seen in the theater. I saw an advanced screening in Chicago a couple weeks ago and the entire audience was cracking up the entire time. Even the romantic scenes are funny in this movie, and thats kind of rare.

Also I'm sick of people giving it negative reviews just because it's at Google, or it's a Google commercial. As if Google is really hungry for people to come do their internships. Obviously they're getting the best minds in the whole world to come there already. I'm sure everybody knows what the heck Google is.

Go see it, it's worth the price of admission. Vaughn and Wilson are great together...feels like a Wedding Crashers sequel of sorts with the way the two characters interact with each other...and of course a perfect cameo early on was hilarious.

I heard that one before

Author: samgreer-694-680740 from florida
9 June 2013

Let me preface this by saying I love Vince Vaughn. Its impossible for me to watch any of his comedies without laughing, and I think he's nothing short of a brilliant comic actor. That's why it pains me to write this review.

This movie has funny parts. Nothing that will make you lose control of your bladder, and despite what some people have been writing, this AIN'T no Wedding Crashers. This movie is more like an e mail you got 4 years ago that was hilarious, and someone sent it to you again. You forgot about it, opened it, and remembered how funny it was, but no joke is as funny the second time around. Big lack of originality here and Will Ferrel's character was not remotely funny. Unlike Wedding Crashers "Chaz" this character was more like the Starsky and Hutch cameo. Wasn't impressed with that, wasn't impressed with this.

When you get the same group of actors together for ANOTHER comedy, you better have some seriously different writing. This movie badly needs some situational / physical comedy. Charles Xavier and the antagonist punching people is weak and lazy writing.

There was one Mr. Bean quality situational comic scene in the movie that was brilliant featuring one of the supporting interns at a strip club, and you'll instantly recognize it when you see it. Other than that it relies heavily on jokes in dialog - which aren't bad. They are witty, and Vaugh's delivery is great. It's just that I feel like I've been there and done that. Wilson's love interest felt totally scripted to me - I'm not buying any of that, not for a dime. Waaay too rushed into instant love - kind of like, but even worse than, Wedding Crashers.

If you choose to see this in the theater, go to a matinée. It isn't worth full price. I'd definitely watch it once it hits RedBox or Netflix. Well worth a couple bucks - $30+ at a theater, not so much.

Cheesy forced humor, save your money

Author: hmdewane from Raleigh, NC, USA
21 July 2013

AS soon as I got out of the movie, I came home to give this movie a horrible review. It was so cheesy, it was almost unwatchable. The lines are very corny, the acting is horrible...I love Owen Wilson AND Vince Vaughn, but this was just painful to watch. The plot line was ridiculously predictable. There was hardly any "conflict" or adversity. Poorly produced... a lot of big names in the movie makes it even worse. Will Ferrell's character was embarrassingly bad. He was not funny, and overall he was really unnecessary. This movie was such a waste of time. Basically a two hour long advert for google. Don't waste your money. Rent Wedding Crashers instead

Avoid this horrible ad campaign

Author: modmaniac from Sweden
4 October 2013

This is nothing more than a two minute ad stretched out to a full feature. Its so painfully obvious that it is nothing more than a ad campaign and not a serious movie. Although there is some funny moments in this its pretty clear that Owen is a bit short on cash and agrees to anything these days which is so sad because i really like him as an actor. But the way both him and Vince Vaughn is selling themselves short is horrible.

My advise is to stay far away from this horrible corporate ad campaign. Shame on you Owen i thought that you had more integrity than this......

This movie isn't really a movie its a painful advertisement Avoid it if you can

I gave this a 1 out of 10 just because its an ad not a movie

Pigs Swill

Author: Snaggletooth . from United Kingdom
31 July 2013

I once heard someone say that chart music is music for people who don't like music. I couldn't agree more. Daytime radio in the UK sucks, and the playlist totals about 20 songs which get played over and over, every single day. No originality, nothing to inspire, nothing to get your teeth into - just like this movie. The Internship is basically a film for people who don't like films.

Just what section of the cinematic audience this pile of tripe is aimed at I really don't know. Maybe it's teenagers, those Dre wearing plastic headphone types who like to think they live in a land of cool and internet worldliness, but then it features two middle-aged heroes trying to find a job at Google so how does that compute? Pardon the pun.

Is it aimed at confused adults then? Showing two hapless characters, trying to connect with the modern world, creating havoc along the way, some slapstick laughs, poking fun at our internet based lives, and generally piling on the jibes at web nerds expense? Erm, maybe, but then.... this movie is about as funny as root canal.

What you get here is a headache inducing, cerebral bombing, diarrhoea of pointless noise masquerading as "cinema" which is the aural equivalent of a strobe light for your earholes. Not one aspect of the dialogue herein is worth catching. I suspect that the makers just thought that if they hit you with a blur of meaningless words, really really quickly, you might think you saw something of unapparent usefulness. The result being, a sensation of getting an electric eggwhisk inserted into your brain and switched on.

I find it sad that either someone thought there was a market for this total waste of celluloid and time, or even worse...that somewhere out there, there actually are people who enjoy garbage like this. I guess it may actually be the latter as we live in a world slowly descending into mediocrity and superficiality, and here, this movie is king.

I feel embarrassed to say I saw this movie, because I know someone is laughing somewhere after cashing in on knowing it's easy to feed pigs anything and they will eat it. There are others though, who have more discerning tastes.

This is "Film-placement", forget Product-placement

Author: chris-278-749689 from London, England
18 June 2013

Saw a pre-screening with a friend this film last night. Very painful experience. There is "Product Placement" and a new-term I will coin which is "Film-placement", whereby a film plot is constructed around the need to show-off every aspect of a Product. Barely a laugh in sight at the cinema. Cannot believe Google signed this off – they have self-belief in spades! Things that did make a mark on me in this film: Google provides silly hats for interns (i.e. "Noogles", porting silly little hats complete with little propellers), coloured bicycles on campus, relaxation pods, online advertising, online analytics, GPS location services, oh and not forgetting free food (provided not taken home, and a barrel of laughs intended to be associated around this one). Oh, and some of its lecturers have to make do part-time as strippers (where did that one come from?). I have seen many mediocre films in my time but this is the first that I have been compelled to "review".

Google Commercial Disguised as Heartwarming Buddy Comedy

Author: gatsby601 from Canada
8 June 2013

First off, like most of you, I loved Vince Vaughn and Luke Wilson in Wedding Crashers and like most of you, I went into The Internship hoping for more of the same.

What I found was a very safe, very by the numbers 'under dog' story featuring two ageing salesman trying to start over in the tragically cool world of Google employment.

Vince Vaughn and Luke Wilson are two veteran pitchmen who learn their current company has just gone out of business and, in a reality only Hollywood could create, there are no other sales jobs anywhere in the universe! We know this because Vince spends 3 minutes using Google (not Workopolis or Monster??) to find a new gig only to have a sudden and unexplained epiphany that the search engine he's using to find a job IS the job. Deep.

What follows is a stock plot about the seniors taking on a group of outcast geek interns and teaching them to party, keep it real and - this is new - there is more to life than computers.

The film, written by Vaughn, plays it very safe, heartwarming feel good lessons replace well, comedy.

On the positive side, if you want to learn A LOT about the hipster, self absorbed world of Google this film is for you. Nowhere is the mega company joked about, ridiculed, parodied or in anyway presented as anything other than the ideal final destination for everyone on the planet who wants to ride silly colored bicycles and waste their lives typing code.

Rent Dodgeball. A FUNNY Vaughn movie with the same plot.

Google Infomercial...that runs too long!

Author: Francisco Eguiza from Mexico
18 September 2013

To be perfectly honest, I really like Google, it's not that I am against the brand or anything, and I even think their marketing campaigns are very intricate and subtle...and that's exactly why I hated this movie, it's not subtle at all.

The Internship, to sum things up, it's one of the longest infomercials I've seen in my entire life, and badly enough is also really boring at that; the actors do their best to make it look like an actual movie, they even succeed in the first 15 minutes of the film, but it's when Google takes the whole screen that everything goes down the drain...they even go in the "Google AdWords just saved an entire franchise" direction...

I think this is just a waste of time, if I wanted information about Google Drive, Gmail or Google Wallet I could have googled it right? I mean, there are youtube videos about those products, and there's a reason why people don't just waste their spare time watching those videos...well, now Google charged us to do it...

Oh and by the way, as a comedy it sucks big time, I did not laugh even once...

Page 1 of 29:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]