IMDb > "Duck Dynasty" (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Duck Dynasty"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Duck Dynasty" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

I really tried...

Author: jason-e-chapman
19 September 2013

,,,to like this show, but it's not cutting it for me. People at work have recommended it, and I've seen the Duck Dynasty t-shirts, so I know it's popular.

All I've got to say is I hope there aren't many Americans who live like this. What an embarrassment!

I've tried watching two episodes. The last one I watched, the Ducks were trying to kill a beaver with assault rifles. Imagine this: the whole bearded Duck family standing on the bank of a river in a single file line - like a firing squad - trying to shoot a beaver. Ridiculous!

Next scene, the oldest Duck is lighting the beaver's dam on fire with a flame thrower. That's one for the kiddies! 'Kill 'dem critters wid whatever ya' got!' Gee, there's a role model for my kid...

This show is on par with Honey Boo Boo. So, if you like the white trash little girl's family, you'll love this one!

I don't know why so many Americans have a fascination with hillbilly rednecks and white trash. On the upside, it's good news for the networks - they don't have to strive for their ratings!

Reality TV just got real..

Author: Joseph Lunsford
30 April 2012

At first I'd cringe when they'd show the preview for "Duck Dynasty." I thought it would be a rather pointless show that would serve no real purpose other than to entertain us with "redneck millionaires." However, that was before I gave it a chance. Duck Dynasty presents you with comedy, drama,life lessons and life challenges all packed into one 30 minute show. While some may not always agree with the ethics of the Robertson family, you can't deny that they're anything short of 'good people.' If you watch this show without being too critical you'll have an endless supply of funny moments. Don't judge this show because the life style of the Robertson family, much like others have. Judge the show from an unbiased view. "Is this show funny and entertaining?" You don't have to look to hard to find the answer to that question.

A measurement of society's sickness

Author: Lomedin
26 September 2013

By looking at the rating and reviews about this so-called show, I can but, once again, confirm the reality of how tremendously sick society has become.

I cannot find a single positive argument to defend what this show tells, represents or encourages. I'm unable to find anything positive to say about its viewers. Anybody who enjoys this must be profoundly sick.

In a world where the self-proclaimed dominant species destroys its own habitat and enjoy it so, where parents claim to love their children while they smoke on their faces if not straight into their fetal shapes, the inhabitants of Planet Earth waste their resources and precious time on producing and -strangely- enjoying a spawn like this. That is nothing odd, in the context of our actual society, dominated by American idols and master chefs, by insults on the news and pictures of the newest madonna tattoo.

Still, from a rational and educated perspective, this whole business is deeply disturbing.

I'll have to re-watch "God Bless America" to cleanse my brain.

Just Doesn't Do It For Me

Author: wmiller6381 from Greenville, SC
11 May 2014

Many of my neighbors wear Duck Dynasty T-Shirts, my son's teacher gave him a Duck Dynasty coloring sheet to work on in his free time, and the local stores all have Duck Dynasty-related items for sale. As someone who tries to be fair, I gave the show a chance. The first time I watched it, the boys were sitting around talking about ice cream and apparently about how to motivate each other to actually do some work. Then one of them made a crack about preferring chunky women to skinny women. Then there was a prayer. Next episode they were out shooting some birds, then they cut to some apparently humorous remarks by one son about another bearded member of the family. Commercial break. Prayer. If you don't really care about minor aspects of T.V. entertainment such as writing, plot, character development and plausibility, this is the show for you.

Stopped watching

Author: asascy from michigan
6 February 2014

I watched for awhile and it was funny, at first.....but then after watching quite a few episodes, I began to see how fake this really is. The actions of these folks, even in the show, are not really acceptable. You don't show church scenes and then trespass on the local golf course to hunt frogs, same with invading the neighbors property to go fishing and then have Phil run off like a coward so he won't fess up to trespassing. And when Phil treated his own grandson so rudely by giving everyone else jam and not him, simply cos he was cutting up and having fun. DISGUSTING. Done with DUCK DYNASTY. They may paraphrase the Bible (kind of give their own version as opposed to actually quoting FROM THE BIBLE), but they sure do not live it, not even publicly. So, I am offended that they live a Do as I say and not as I do existence. Just done with it.

Fake Reality at It's Worst

Author: joemuseum from United States
28 December 2013

After the gay bashing and racist remarks that were used as a nationwide publicity stunt, the whole yuppie lifestyle these characters led before they grew long beards and pretended to represent a fake lifestyle was exposed and this virtually washed away any pretense to being reality. There really is nothing left to say except that the idea that A&E and other "educational" networks would someday make PBS redundant was also washed away with the public display of homophobia and racism that captured the public attention in late 2013. A&E took the extreme step of firing a member of the show and then decided that, regardless of what they had previously decided, everything could just be a publicity stunt to garner more viewers, and they rehired him. Reality television has yet to go though something akin to the game show scandals of the 1950's. Perhaps the nation is ignorant enough that it never will.

out in the deep, deep south...

Author: rfreed4541 from United States
29 March 2012

These guys are right out of a straight jacket,How ever they are the foundation of the American way of life, I think this is what every real American would like to do and be. Living in the city and pulling a 9-5 just doesn't cut it. Shot I would love to try that frog hunting out, seeing I just about broke a rib laughing at all the fun they had, well I will be checking my local golf club hazards from here on out.. Love it, keep it up. Willy"s dad sure brought it home, simple and direct, Look out Forest Gump looks as if we got a real idle to look up too. every thing you want in life right in the back yard, and keeping the family values real while keeping it all together at the same time,loving every minute of it.

Entertainment for the Wretched Refuse

Author: jaiami from United States
5 March 2014

What can I say about this "reality" show? I could say the it is an embarrassment to every self-respecting citizen of the country these red neck cretins claim to be from (although without subtitles, how could you tell?). I could say that the Robertson's are one of the most intelligent families in the country since they have found a sure fire way of extracting millions from the lowest(in intelligence and economic status) element. I could say that this show represents everything that has gone wrong in the entertainment industry in the last several years. I could say that people who watch the show just get off on watching others humiliate and demean themselves (but that would be indicative the the viewer not the show). I could say that the fact that millions watch this show every week means that Armageddon can not be far away. Or, I could just look at the content, spelling, and grammar of the reviews of those that gave the show 10 stars and hope that the next generation raises the bar up out of the mud.

Amazing Show

Author: tucker1146
4 April 2012

I am a science teacher and when they went to school it was great. I want them to come visit my school and give the same lesson... This show takes us back to what is important. Family! My new favorite show and would not miss it. I want a duck call too. I wish they would come teach my students some of their values....Oh I also want squirrel recipe. I shoot them in my backyard. That is my kind of women. PS I am a women. ha-ha Oh and what they said about make up. AMEN! I love the values he taught his grand children too. I loved how they worked but were rewarded. I wonder what their views are on the show... Maybe you could interview the kids or let them have some input.

Awesome, Funny FAMILY Entertainment...

Author: the_peoples_grillman from United States
22 May 2012

I have never hunted a day in my life, but saw the commercials for this show and watched the first episode just because it looked kind of funny to me. Well, since that first episode, I look forward to Wednesday night's more than any other night and cannot wait to watch every week! My entire family watches the show, and we all laugh and have a great time. I don't care if it is not all real, or if it is fake, I don't care. It is a great show, with a message at the end and throughout the course of the entire show. Jase and Si crack me up every week, and I find myself saying HEY and ending my statements with JACK a lot more often than before! It is a great show that puts the meaning of family first. It is our favorite show on TV and I am quite sad the season finale is already here this week. Bring this back for many seasons to come, we will be watching! Thank you.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]