IMDb > Wer (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Wer

Wer More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

how is this movie not more well known?

Author: jgutierrez81 from United States
16 March 2014

considering i am a horror fan i tend to be very critical of horror mostly because it's fun to find that gem amongst the rubble. but this movie was just shear brilliance. an awesome retelling of the werewolf story...if this had been seen by more people, it would have redefined and revived the werewolf genre. this movie would have done what the walking dead series did to zombies but on a movie scale. the violence and rage portrayed reminded me of the infected in 28 days later... but with hair all over. the story itself starts out with a thriller feel with a found footage style look. half the story is basically a mystery thriller until you hit the halfway point of the movie and thats when the fit hits the shan, and you are treated to fast paced non stop violent rage filled action for nearly the rest of the movie. i can say nothing bad about this movie, if your into horror ...treat yourself with this movie.

"Twilight" Ruined Werewolves' Horror, but "Wer" Brings Them Back.

Author: ugi-supriatna from Bandung, Indonesia
1 June 2014

When "Twilight" saga ruined the horror of werewolf, thanks to "Wer" for successfully bringing werewolf-film back to right track : brutal, terrifying and thrilling. Despite of predictable plot from the middle until the end film, "Wer" is unexpectedly excellent and interesting to watch, with half of this story enriches by the mystery element. If you think found-footage film's always being horrible in plot and execution such as The Devil Inside or Paranormal Activity's franchise, believe me, "Wer" is different case. I think "Wer" is the best found-footage film since "Chronicles" hits box office in 2012.

At the end, I must admit that "Wer" makes werewolves scary again, brings it become the best werewolf film since "An American Werewolf In London". I gave it 9 stars out of 10.

One of the Best Werewolf Movies I Have Ever Seen

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
18 January 2015

In France, the Porter family is slaughtered while camping in the woods and only Claire Porter (Stephanie Lemelin) survives seriously wounded. She reports that her husband Henry and her son Peter have been eaten alive by a strong man. The eremite Talan Gwynek (Brian Scott O'Connor) that lives in the woods with his mother is arrested by the police accused of being the killer.

The defense attorney Kate Moore (A.J. Cook) is assigned to defend Talan and she comes to the police station with her investigator Eric Sarin (Vik Sahay) and the animal expert Gavin Flemyng (Simon Quarterman) to interview Talan. The unwilling police inspector Klaus Pistor (Sebastian Roché) is sure that Talan is the murderer but has to let Kate and her team work. There is turmoil in the precinct and Gavin is scratched by Talan. Then they visit Talan's mother Mrs. Gwynek (Camelia Maxim) and they learn that Talan has a rare disease. Further, the government wants her lands to dispose nuclear waste and her husband has recently died in car accident. Soon Eric discloses that the death of Mr. Gwynek was suspicious and Pistor was in charge of the investigation. When Kate succeeds in sending Talan to a hospital for examination, she discovers the effects of Talan's disease and is the responsible for the next events.

The underrated "Wer" is one of the best werewolf movies I have ever seen. The graphic story is brutal and with magnificent special effects. The screenplay is concise, with good explanation for the situation. Maybe the greatest flaw is the manhunt in a full moon night, but how to convince the authorities that they are hunting a werewolf and not a human being? My vote is seven.

Title (Brazil): "Sinistro – A Maldição do Lobisomem" ("Sinister – The Werewolf's Curse")

Makes werewolves scary again!

Author: Bigfilmguy from United Kingdom
17 March 2014

I found the trailer on Youtube and was instantly intrigued. After finally tracking down a copy (due to no release date for cinema or Home-media release), I sat and watched what I consider to be one of the best found-footage movies of recent times.

Story wise, it starts off well and then just ramps up the tension superbly. Although there were a few scenes that I could guess what was coming, most of the film was pleasantly surprising.

The movie is not excessively gory, but it does have it where it matters! The effects were limited, but used to very good effect, and the whole found-footage genre lends itself to lower budget movies anyway.

The casting was spot on. The central character Talan, (Brian Scott O'Connor) was really well played. Although he seemed harmless initially, I could almost feel a sense of menace coming from him, and the other characters were played just right. (Although I couldn't help thinking about Vik Sahay (Eric) as his character from the TV show Chuck!)

Overall, a nice take on the genre with decent performances all round. Well worth a watch, and I will definitely get it if it is released on Blu-ray/DVD in the UK.

Werewolves are finally putting that horrible "Twilight" chapter behind them...

Author: Paul Magne Haakonsen from Denmark
8 September 2014

I had no expectations or any sort of anticipation for "Wer", aside from just merely hoping to be entertained by it. And now that I have seen it, I must admit that I am really glad that I did.

Why? Well, because "Wer" is not your average werewolf movie. And whereas many 'older' werewolf movies have been fairly stereotypical and pretty much following the same recipe, and then came "Twilight" and gave the werewolf very loose wrists, but we are getting back on track in the werewolf legacy now with "Wer".

It was refreshing to see a movie such as this that didn't have the stereotypical werewolf living hidden amongst the people he (or she) would prey upon. But having this sculpted and turning out the way it did was just what the genre needed.

I am not going to go much into the storyline here, because "Wer" is a movie that has to be seen and experienced. Written words will not really fully do it justice.

The storyline was good, and the movie progressed with a good pace, and the audience was always kept in the dark, but given just enough information piece by piece to let it dawn upon us what was really going on.

As for the effects, well given this is not a Hollywood CGI galore, but the effects were working as they were intended, straight and to the point. And that made the movie seem all the more real and animalistic (or perhaps bestial is a better term), compared to the many movies that rely solely on multi-million dollar CGI effects budgets.

The acting in the movie was good and people did really good jobs with their given roles and characters. And I must especially applaud Brian Scott O'Connor for his portrayal of Talan Gwynek. And while Sebastian Roché is a good actor, then the role of Klaus Pistor was a bit weak. The back-story for this character didn't really have the impact that I believe director William Brent Bell was looking for.

But "Wer" is a definite must watch if you enjoy werewolf movies, and if you are past the spray tan, buffed teenage stage that "Twilight" brought the werewolves back to.

"Wer" was good entertainment from the very beginning, and hold on now, the movie quickly picks up pace and goes from good to great in a very short time. "Wer" gets a well-deserved 7 out of 10 stars from me.

Different subject on found footage films.

Author: Flow from Romania
16 March 2014

Nothing haunted, no ghosts, no experiment gone wrong, so, a new approach on this type of movies. Did I enjoy it? I sure did! And lets see why:

1. good execution. everything went lovely, the suspense grew more and more and I was definitely drawn into it. 2. characters, all worked out nicely, believable. 3. killshots, plenty and good. 4. effects, few at number, but they made them count. 5. scares, one or two, but the usual.

This is somewhat more of a "Trollhunter" style, but in the horror section, and they did make it just right, so, I will recommend it gladly to any found footage fan, horror fan or someone who wants to get his girlfriend scared, so she can cuddle up real nicely.

"Wer", a movie that won't find itself on everyone's lips, but the ones that will talk about it, are the lucky ones!

Now That Is A Werewolf Movie!

Author: HorrorOverEverything from United States
6 September 2014

Enough positive stuff has already been said about this movie but im going to add to it anyway.

"Wer" is an insanely fun horror movie. The first 45 minutes or so does a nice job of setting up things and getting you interested in the characters. Then when it gets going, and boy does it get going, it is just awesome non stop intensity til the credits roll.

I stopped having any faith in werewolf movies a while but, but "Wer" brings the genre back hard. The kills are great, the gore factor is high, and the CGI is fairly well done for a lower budget flick.

Check this out asap if you are a horror fan, really great movie.

Unquestionably not an average film!

Author: shahnanigans from New Zealand
7 October 2014

Though I have seen this touted as a found-footage film (and this is largely why I was so interested in it to begin with), found-footage fiends may find this less than a satisfactory watch. The film is much less 'found-footage' and much more 'a hodgepodge of film styles that is neither enjoyable nor too jarring'.

It is an intriguing depiction of a monster that is inherent in many scary stories. I felt the film was similar to Afflicted (which is a found-footage film), in that it is a fresh and gory take on an old tale.

The only complaints I have are the female lead (and that may just be my own annoyances) and the pace at which the story unravels.

Despite this, I must say it is a fantastic watch, and an interesting mixture of folklore, crime, horror and action. Thoroughly recommend giving it a go, and see for yourself!

Bringing back the vicious nature of a Werewolf

Author: SpannersGerm669 from Australia
26 January 2015

Since Twilight Werewolves, along with Vampires, were made a joke of. Timid and caring instead of the old fashioned rip-them-to-pieces killing machines. Fortunately "Wer" understands the true value of a Werewolf and will have fans of the sub genre rejoicing! The biggest plus is the vicious nature the film has and a solid build up with a mythology behind the main villain. I liked the way the mysterious Werewolf unfolded and it promised to a thrilling climax. Unfortunately, even though the pay off is incredibly violent, the movie starts getting a bit silly and loses all the control that the first half had. Mixing it with some pretty ordinary CGI effects, the second half is nowhere near as polished as the first, which ultimately hurts it, but thankfully there is enough to like about "Wer" to make it a recommended film!

Very Decent Low Budget Horror

Author: brian-2196 from United Kingdom
24 March 2014

As a huge horror fan I did not expect very much from this movie but I was very surprised. Firstly not a massive budget yet it delivers in everything from atmosphere, reasonably decent acting, good sets, good story line. It reminded me of a movie that came right out the 80's UK Video Nasty List (In a Good Way!) The negatives - The Music/sound is over powering very much like the Cannibal movies from this time, some may like that. The lead Female was a complete miss casting, I think she may have earned the role from who she knew!!! (very pretty though) This is very worth any horror fan's viewing and deserves a huge round of applause for having a damn decent go at something a little different. It is not An American werewolf in London. It is more a dirty and gory affair than the previously mentioned with no laughs. Excellent Effort a solid 7-10

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]