Zero Hour (TV Series 2013) Poster

(2013)

35 ReviewsOrdered By: Helpfulness
Zero Hour (I watched all episodes)
andbaxt7 June 2013
Zero hour is one of the best programs in years and those who say different after only watching episode one, have really no idea just what they have missed as the program progressed towards the end. don't be put off by amateur reviewers on here that have not watched the whole series.

Zero hour only states as being cancelled in various places because knowbody was given proper info about its release dates or other info. The viewing dates are all messed up on various sites that list TV programs. I don't know exactly where they have been aired but I have watched every episode up to the last episode 13. This will be the end of it then as there is only going to be the one season.

Go to Google and type in RELEASE BB and the link to watch for in the results will have "rlsbb" in it with a ".com" on the end. Now go to that site and type in ZERO HOUR and you will find all episodes as you go deeper through the pages. Sorry I cannot help you obtain them as it would not meet with IMDb regulations, but maybe you know somebody who can. It is well worth the effort.
26 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
It is sad That Zero Hour was canceled
Mar Velez27 May 2013
I think some shows are just to intelligent for most people. Maybe People like easy, action and not very smart shows. If you look at what happened to "touch",first season was great and original, then in order to adapt to an audience that wanted action, the script was changed and became completely vulgar and predictable. I loved Zero Hour! It reminded me of a lot of god books i read and it had everything: a smart story, action, original script, and a way of telling the story that surprises you with the unpredictable. It is more and more difficult to find original story's that surprise us. Everything seems so "haven't i seen this before". And maybe story tellers can not do better because the audience demands more of the same.
47 out of 64 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Should not have been canceled
thatarethou7 March 2013
It's a really good show, well worth your time but very very stupid people who should never be allowed to make such decisions canceled it after airing only three episodes. I am very angry at these idiots.

Most similar historical fiction history mystery thrillers are poorly written movies and history, science and logic are abused to remove anything that can be taken seriously by an intelligent person. You have Nickolas Cage or some one interchangeable for him dodging rock slides and getting through booby trapped labyrinths in those crappy movies. This was something like that but unlike those movies well thought out and executed. But some short sited sound bite morons canceled it so they can put on something that American attention spans can handle like Honey Boo Boo.
70 out of 100 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Most Seem to Dislike, I Like
go-imdb-ca5 March 2013
I've watched the first 3. I, unlike others, like the characters and it's nice to see Anthony Edwards in role again--since his days with Northern Exposure (I never watched ER). The young cast, most notably, Scott Michael Foster and Addison Timlin I find to be refreshing, both of which had a stint on Californication among other projects not leaving out that Scott worked on The River. Michael Nyqvist has chops...here in Canada he's been on Millennium but back home he's well known. His character is well acted and I feel that he brings the best out of Jacinda Barrett, she's no slouch herself.

Carmen Ejogo; she's been around and can act. Here's where I have to complain; the writing she has to deliver is poor and her role could be a bit more stereotypical--but not much.

Is the show going to win awards? Not yet for sure. But reading the other reviews made me want to say this: "Let's wait and see where this is going...". I truly believe that there is a lot more in store.

Reading my own review I got thinking that I look like I work for a studio or some such--I don't. I simply don't find the show all that bad and it's staying on my record list for now.
24 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
A waste of time
chopendoz2 February 2013
This contains spoolers - that is if it could be spoiled any more than it is already.

I watched the pilot episode with a skeptics eye. I was expecting the usual generic TV formula with almost all the characters being around 30 - and good looking, for the most part. Maybe a patriarch-type figure for light relief. I was not disappointed. It was an interesting idea for a series but poorly executed. Who wrote this script? A teenager who failed a correspondence course? We are expected to believe that the two teenage reporters could just jump on a plane and fly to Bavaria, just like that? That the 93 year old German guy spoke English? That he would let them into his house merely because they 'had come a long way'? That he would tell them his secrets without even knowing who they were?That they actually understood who the Nazis were? That the FBI knew almost instantly that our hero was flying to Canada for some unknown reason ('hey! I think I'll go with him'). That an FBI agent could fly off to Canada at the drop of a hat? (where she has no jurisdiction I might add). To somewhere in the Arctic Circle - where it is apparently not cold. The bad guy had already flown to Canada the day before it seems. Possibly even before the abduction. Have the producers/writers any idea of how long things take? In a series with a time-based theme? They seem to live in a dream world. Perhaps it's just me, but I like a little realism now and again. This was a waste of time.
65 out of 109 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Enjoyable Mystery
RoseM4441 March 2013
Thank God, a mystery with a bald, middle-aged hero. I'm so tired of the sneering, posturing superhero that has the depth of a tissue. I'm also enjoying the mystery. It's an interesting story and one I look forward to watching. I tune into television to relax and be entertained. Just like National Treasure, a movie I thoroughly enjoyed, it's not meant to give us the meaning of life, it's designed so we can have fun and possibly learn some interesting facts along the way.

What I liked about last night's episode was how it left me wanting to do some more reading about Einstein. His personal life was far more interesting than most people believe. If a program can do that, I say we need more of them. And the lines about love? Love can never be corny or irrelevant.
23 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Awful
Toecutter200129 January 2014
What an appalling piece of drivel. About as cerebral and challenging as Spongebob. They couldn't decide whether to rip off National Treasure or The Da Vinci Code, and so came down somewhere in the middle. I've seen better acting from my 8 year-old when he's been caught doing something naughty. Plot holes all over the place. What happened to the other clone from the malaria hospital? Where did he come from? The whole series ended up being about preventing the baddies from making a new baby Jesus (which, as we all know, would bring about the end of days), so how come when there were two of them implanted in two women only one had to be stopped, while the other gets to head off to Africa to "anonymously" heal vast numbers of sick people (including a mute child and a blind Internationally notorious terrorist who were able to track her down with remarkable ease)? And in the end, God seemed to be the one to prevent the disaster while the characters who had spent 12 episodes running all over the planet trying to save the world actually contributed bugger all. A monastery in the middle of a cartographic dead zone in Tajikistan, and when the rescue gets a bit tricky, the FBI cavalry are only a 5 minute helicopter ride away. Why not just bring them in the first place? I actually thought the basic idea might work, but it was so poorly executed that by the end I realised I'd only been watching out of a morbid sense of curiosity as to how bad it could get. It was almost like they started making each episode before deciding what was going to happen. And they obviously got pretty bored with the Nazi stuff pretty quickly and moved on, but forgot to decide what to move on to. You'd probably enjoy it if you're a gullible conspiracy nut who thinks most TV is just too well-made.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Great series
phil-wigglesworth5 August 2013
At the start it appeared predictable, and at the point that ABC suspended the series it seemed that a formula had been established that left he viewers adrift. The great thing was that when the series rebooted in July, we suddenly found out that that Da Vinci take off was no more. The pedantic finding of he clocks, presaged by the hours counted in the title sequence, were short circuited and the whole story moved from pure religious fantasy to science fantasy. The final story kept a good balance of resolution and mystery. For a one season show, in this genre, this is as good as it gets. Enjoy the combination of Science Fiction, Fantasy, rewritten Nazi history, and the ultimate human story set in a religious context. The great thing about this series is that it does have an ending, and yet it is unlikely that you will work it out in the first ten or so episodes.
9 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
I saw it all the way through and people are missing the mark
mike-ryan45530 June 2013
I was outside the USA and have seen the show all the way through from foreign broadcasts. This gives me a lot better perspective on it. So I have to speak in defense of the show against some attacks I see as based on lack of knowledge.

First, they do fully resolve the plot. This isn't a show that is canceled in mid-stream like Threshold where there is never a satisfactory answer as to what is happening and why. The show apparently was intended to only go thirteen weeks so the resolution was much clearer and more complete than say Lost's was.

Second, not every cliché was used the way that we expect. Against the Evil Nazi Mad Scientist, they had the Good and Human Nazis.

So was it great art? No. Was it over the top and crazy? Yes. Would I say the ending was politically correct? I'd say yes, but it was feel good. Did it foreshadow many of the events ALL the way through? Yes. Some were painfully telegraphed, and a couple of them you KNEW they would do without motivation by the characters.

As a religious person, I also liked that there was an almost semi-favorable representation of a name brand religion by a TV show in this day where constant attacks on religion seem to be fashionable in Hollyweird. So I'll give it a seven. One extra point above average for mentioning God as a good idea and one for actually finishing out the story.
13 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Unintentionally hilarious, at least for the pilot episode viewed late at night
morandb12 February 2013
I watched the pilot online before the official broadcast because friends recommended that it would come across as just plain bad in its broadcast time slot (8/7pm).

--- Emotional reaction ---

The overall tone is hilariously overwrought. The scenes are hacked together. There isn't even an attempt at a pretense of internal logic. Even in the context of a portion of an individual scene, the characters' actions often are absurdly nonsensical. The silliness, stupidity and illogic come flying at you at such a pace it is impossible not to laugh -- I was laughing well past the end of the credits.

Watch it with friends and wine/beer/... and debate questions such as: Is this good enough to be a bad parody of "The Da Vinci Code" and the like? Is Anthony Edwards starring because Nicholas Cage said that there wasn't enough money ...?

--- Analytic reaction ---

Quick cuts between short scenes are typical of this genre, but to be successful, it requires audience involvement, either with the characters or the cause (idea, threat, ...). There is none here.

Nazis as villains is so overdone and outmoded in this and related genres that it hurts audience buy-in. Even if this isn't the case, it is just so badly done -- so over-the-top and comic. This is an enormous red flag that the show's creator has no creativity or imagination.

The genre appears to be race-to-the-treasure. This requires the lead characters to buy into the high-energy craziness, such as Nicholas Cage in the National Treasure series and the gaggle of comics in "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World" (1963). Anthony Edwards is badly suited to play this role, both from the type of actor he is and audience expectations from prior role. And worse the script saddles him with two conflicting roles. The other one is that of the skeptic/voice-of-sanity (comic relief, exposition, whatever). Although the actor is much better suited to this role, the writers give him no support (I remember only one line, and it was a throw-away). The Anthony Edwards character could have been the "reluctant hero", but actor and the setup in the pilot preclude this.

There are multiple statements by characters to tell the audience that things are not what they seem, but rather than ambiguous hints to draw you in, they are ham-handed signals that the writers don't have the finesse to handle this genre.
42 out of 88 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this