IMDb > "The Simpsons" How I Wet Your Mother (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Simpsons" How I Wet Your Mother (2012)

« Prev | 502 of 581 Episodes | Next »

A Great Story,Imagination And Inception Parody.

Author: Dillon Harris from Ireland
12 September 2012

How I Wet Your Mother is a great Simpsons episode with a great story and humor to enjoy from start to finish,with a great title reference to How I Met Your Mother,and also a great parody on Inception.This episode uses great imagination in all the different dream universes,i particularly liked the old fashioned Simpsons dream where got Dan Castellaneta to do the old voice and everything,and also Homers dream world.It also had a great guest appearance from Glenn Close,back once again as Homers mother,Mona.When I first heard she was returning I thought Mona was gonna turn out to have been alive all this time (she died in Season 19s Mona Leaves-A),and I was excited about that,but I suppose that isn't something The Simpsons would do,but it was still great to see her again,even if it was only Homers imagination.

Homer keeps wetting the bed and doesn't know why its happening.The Simpsons investigate on whats making it happen with some help from Professor Frink,bringing them into Homers dreams.

Inception Simpsons' style

Author: athomed from United States
2 September 2012

I kept thinking while watching this episode, that while it was entertaining, it's just another middle of the pack episode from season 23. A lot of the sight gags were neat, and I get the feeling that someone on that Simpsons' staff is a big Inception fan.

So you've got Homer wetting the bed, which causes the Simpson family to enter his dreams in pursuit of why. My favorite part of this episode was the crazy gravity fight between Professor Frink and Chief Wiggum.

Ultimately, the ending retcons Homer's childhood a little too much for me to completely admire the sentimentality they employ as the answer. There's nothing wrong with this episode, even a couple quite funny things (Homer's diapers and Bart's dance moves - I'm looking at you), but I don't see myself watching this episode over again for a long while.