IMDb > Christmas Twister (2012) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Christmas Twister (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Amazingly Awful!

Author: JenCMedina from California
29 June 2014

So Awful! I don't understand why movies like this are even made,unless it is for comical relief! HORRIBLE Acting, terrible storyline, and obvious flaws that a toddler could recognize. A News station in Texas,does not want to issue a tornado warning after 3 tornadoes already hit because they don't want to cause an uproar? The tornado hits a mall and there is damage inside from what would look like an explosion but yet all walls/windows are in tact and all cars are perfectly parked outside. Nobody in Texas ever recognizes the weather patterns of a tornado or sees the Twister heading right at them until its about 30 feet in front of them. And why is the basement a total disaster zone but yet not a single building is ever destroyed when the F6 tornado runs right through it? The only reason I gave it two stars is because I laughed my butt off at how bad it was! I would have thought I was watching a Scary Movie Spoof if the actors weren't trying so hard to be serious.

Christmas Twister

Author: bobandhoang from United States
18 December 2012

Perhaps someone should consider renaming this movie as "Christmas Turkey". It's about as flawed as a movie can get.....which pretty much sums up the "Global Warming" lead man. Anyone who lives in the North Central part of Texas will instantly recognize the errors of such things as mountains in Granbury/Dublin. You wonder at the lead character shouting to people leaving a mall asking "have you seen my son?" How would they know who his son is??? A few times he calls out about his son "wearing a Texas shirt", but when he finds him the kid is wearing a striped green shirt. A monster tornado inflicts more damage on the basement of a TV station than it does on the upper floors and a fire on the upper floors somehow causes heavy smoke in the basement! We can see a funnel cloud coming at a male anchor, but his cameraman doesn't see it! This movie is so bad that I became fascinated watching it to see what other glaring errors would pop up next!

So So bad

Author: nopity nope from United States
21 December 2014

I have a really hard time with movies that can't even bother to learn about the areas they are supposedly set in. Palm trees everywhere? Shorts and tanks in December? Using the phrase "on the I35." None of these are things are accurate for Stephenville, TX. The woman that plays Deb needs to never ever try an accent again. WTF was that? Was she aiming for Scarlett O'Hara with cerebral palsy? Jesus lady, you are horrible. I'm still laughing from how horrible the acting was. My favorite part was where the news anchor dies atop the power plant from flying debris. Debris he watched fly towards his head for a good 2 minutes and never even tried to duck. Hey there guy, you would have kept your head if your reaction time was slightly faster than a sloth's.

Set in Texas, where else could you have Christmas dinner poolside in swim suits?

Author: TxMike from Houston, Tx, USA, Earth
16 December 2012

It was a wet Sunday here in South Texas and the best way to kill time was channel surfing. I came across this made-for-TV movie on the ION network. Honestly it isn't a very good movie, with pretty people who can't act plus homely people who can. But for some reason I couldn't quit watching, it is one of those.

Near the beginning of the movie the brother and sister wonder if mom and dad's arguing will lead to their split, a lot happens between that and the end, where mom and dad are kissing and telling each other "I love you." It is one of those movies, and of course very appropriate to the Holiday season.

The drama is created by increasingly faster and more dangerous tornadoes, "twisters", in the Fort Worth area near Christmastime. Family members and friends all get into harm's way, even the family dog, but all ends well.

But there is one really outstanding thing about this movie, and its name is Haley Lu Richardson who plays the teenage daughter Kaitlyn . She seems to be really a teenager, but her IMDb profile has essentially no information. However some websites and youtube videos indicate she is from the Phoenix area, is an accomplished dancer with some gymnastics experience, and overall fitness from dance and various sports.

But all that wouldn't matter much unless she has acting ability. And she really does. Plus the camera loves her face. So, if she gets a break or two, she could develop into a star. But in that business often it is who you know, not necessarily how good you are. Here's to hoping she gets noticed by the right people, she has that much potential.

Disclaimer: I do not know Ms Richardson, I have no connection to anything involving her, I only learned about her after seeing this movie. I just call 'em like I see 'em.

Nothing new here. Please move on.

Author: wx1013 from Chicago, Illinois
21 December 2014

Any good? Maybe if I was a teen aged boy due to the teen girls running around in Texas style attire.......

But the same ole tornado hits mall, school, train, etc. First one always hits at night. Whacker chasers in a pick-up camper. Conflicts between integral vs. sensationalist news casters. Although it did add a Nuclear Plant to the mix, so this will be a first. The only thing that is missing is a tornado proof tank.

It is amazing that the tornadoes in this movie are not causing immediate damage. The damage is only apparent after the tornado has passed and there was a cut to a new scene.

Director: "Cut to CGI tornado passing in front of the Mall" *CGI tornado moves back and forth. CGI debris is apparent. Flimsy sign on the mall 20' from CGI tornado is not even rippling.*

Director: "Cut to worried father weather scientist concerned about his teen-aged daughter at said mall"

Director: "Cut back to mall where we now see the aftermath of the tornado's destructive force."

meh

How Did This Guy Get Funded?

Author: jaiciek-198-110124 from Dallas, Texas USA
28 December 2014

****SPOILER ALERT**** The movie stunk to high heaven. ****SPOILER ALERT**** The script was stupid, the direction of the extras...stupid, the plausibility of ANY of it...non- existent. The other reviews that rated this movie low, were absolutely right. ANYONE that rated this movie more than a "1" has to be a paid reviewer or has NEVER EVER EVER seen another semi-decent movie in their life.

The movie overall was horrific. The other low-rating reviewers posting were absolutely correct.

One important fact no one pointed out: Grandbury, and every other town in this state, know how to hang the Texas flag correctly. As I have taught little kids to do: White goes on the top - clouds, Red goes on the bottom - dirt/blood on the ground, and the star makes a little man with his arms open wide. *smh*

You're welcome :o)

Worst Movie Ever

Author: angelbear_80 from Dallas, Texas
8 December 2013

As someone that grew up in Dublin, Texas and Erath county (pronounced E- wrath, not errath) this was horrible movie was completely insulting to Dublin, Tolar, Stephenville, Grandbury, and Fort Worth. First, the Dublin and Grandbury "sets" are completely unrealistic. Both of these towns are way bigger than portrayed in this awful movie. There are no mountains around here. And guess what, 377 is a highway, not a dirt road. And the closest mall is Fort worth, which there are not palm trees lining the streets in. Tornados come with high wind, rain, hail, and debris around here. Was it so difficult to do any research for this movie? How did this monstrosity even get funded? How much did the writer get paid for this? My 6 year old and 8 year old nephews could do better, and then their college might be paid for.

Granbury, not Grandbury,

Author: Suszie1221 from Granbury, Texas
1 December 2014

Omg..I was breaking my head trying to think when all this occurred, and as I watched the movie. I realized it was based on Granbury, Weatherford, fort worth areas..lol I posted on my Facebook asking friends when this happened I don't remember it, we don't have a little town how they portray either, and that mall wasn't even in Texas, closet one is in fort worth, and that wasn't hullen mall and the way they made that TV reporter die, that would of been all over the news here..smh the girls in boots and small shorts was probably the only real thing from the whole movie..jajaja I thought Granbury had gotten a movie made we didn't know about but it was fun to hear it..

We're Not In Texas Anymore...

Author: Brianna Summers from United States
24 December 2013

Just finished watching this film with my mother. We thought we would be watching Anything But Christmas, seeing as that's what the program on our television stated, but were somewhat-pleasantly surprised when poorly-animated tornadoes were spewed onto our television screen. We considered changing the channel after several strained and faked pleas for help from the characters, but decided to give the movie a chance. To to our surprise, about halfway through the movie, we recognized a location that the two young girls were visiting in place of attending school- the Southbay Pavilion mall! Located in Carson, CA and having lived across the street from this mall for two years, my mother and I were instantly taken out of the Texas setting of the film. Although there were several other factors that attributed to our mockery of the film- the D-class acting, the horrific CGI, the inconsistent storyline and setting, etc.- we truly did enjoy watching the tragedy that was Christmas Twister. If you're in the mood for a nonsensical flurry of tornadoes in December, then venture forth! Just don't take any factual information from this film to heart.

Southbay Pavilion mall(if you were ever so curious): http://www.southbaypavilion.com/

Like the previous poster, Dante's Inferno only with a twister and worse acting and actors

Author: Jerry Gooch from Haltom City, Tx
8 December 2013

OK. I have to admit I did not sit there and suffer through the whole thing like my wife did, but, the amount I did see was bad enough. The fake fire, the (what appeared to be nuclear power plant) in Fort Worth. This movie was just lousy. I don't know where they got the palm trees. I've never seen them here. Also at the tail end (SPOILER ALERT) the main character and his family swimming (in December) in their unheated outdoor pool and running around in bikinis and bathing suits in north Texas. Excuse me. It's never warm enough in December to run around like that and have a cook-out. Anyway if you like B-grade movies with lousy acting etc. go for it.