IMDb > Vishwaroopam (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Vishwaroopam More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 23:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

An alluring experience we do not often come across at the movies from an Indian maker.

Author: Arjun PS (ps.arjun@gmail.com) from Chennai, India
25 January 2013

Brilliant film-making. If you are new to Indian films, start with this or if you want to show your non-Indian friend an Indian film, select this action-thriller classic. It takes some time to suck you in but once the ride kick starts you hardly get time to think about anything else. His vision is so majestic and out of the box. Visually stunning most of the time. I would describe this as a film with technically great, with high production value, with a casting perfectly fit, with great direction - good example for great film-making.

Much credit goes to Kamal Haasan. This is another example (After Hey Ram and Virumaandi) why I rate Kamal Haasan along with Maniratnam as the best film maker available in India at present. Vishwaroopam is one of the most intense action thriller I have ever watched. This is the kind of movie we say 'Almost perfect'.

All of us owe a big thanks to the legendary Kamal Haasan.

High - Voltage / 230 V Adrenaline pumping action ride

Author: shanethalabond from India
24 January 2013

Vishwaroopam - I am tempted to talk too much about the movie but restrained myself, because i know that many of you here(Chennai) haven't seen the movie. So, here's my review without giving anything about the plot away. It was totally worth the wait, the hype and the 750 KM travel all the way back and forth from Chennai to Bangalore and vice cersa in bike in a single day. A magnum Opus by Kamal. A technically brilliant piece of cinema this. This movie is a world class commercial thriller which tickles ur intellect a little bit and if you're up there going with the flow of the movie, you will love it if you're a cinema lover and not a Kamal fan. If you are a Kamal fan, then, well, u know. Certainly NOT a ONLY ONE TIME watch. Can easily enjoy more the second time.

The scenes that were talked about with gargantuan hype, the transformation scene and the pre interval block, truly are worth the hype and MORE! Whattaayy!! Simply stunning. I am tempted to say more but will stop, watch it for yourself.

The first half goes at a breakneck pace and it is over before you realise its over. The Afghanisthan block of the film, about the Al-Qaeda terrorists are carefully and intensely shot. Absolutely brilliant making!!! And I forgot the fact that i was watching a tamil movie in the second half. The cinematography, BGMs were of international standards. Kamal, the director, scores over Kamal the actor, which he always does when he directs, whether it is Heyram, Virumaandi or Vishwaroopam. Easily his second best work as director next to Heyram. The movie ends with a promise to have a sequel coming up and you only will wait for it to come as soon as possible to know the answers for many questions in the first movie.

And does it hurt any religious sentiment? Absolutely not! In fact, while watching the movie, I didn't even realise there was an issue going on. Don't know what all the fuss was about. We, the Tamil audience, are being deprived of our right in seeing a movie and in seeing the legendary Kamal Haasan. I would want the tamil version to be released in Tamil Nadu as soon as possible to witness this non-stop action ride.

Positives: Kamal as the Kathak Dancer, the BGM, cinematography and the stunning action sequences which are very well shot! Negatives: I really don't find anything negative about the movie.

Verdict : 10/10. A high voltage, adrenaline pumping Commercial Action Thriller Entertainer of International quality.

Vishwaroopam

Author: Karthik Mohan from Chennai, India
24 January 2013

Its really a big shame to Tamilians and also for Tamilnadu, A single minority group of people can able to stop whatever they need. Its again make me to remember the scenes of Muthalvan. TN Govt propose order by having fear on the small groups. Why can't they provide full protection and arrest those group who are threatening on violence. Those group doesn't have any ideas or thinking other than their caste and religion.

Even Kamal can able to sell his movie outside India and get his profit out of it. But he won't. Still Kamal calling the protesters as "Brothers" Hats of to this spectacular human being and salute for lifetime.

First time an International Movie for regional audience.

Author: K DhanaseKar K from Ramagundam, A.P
25 January 2013

Brilliant story of a spy that is often seen in Hollywood movies. Characterization of Kamal and Rahul Bose as people from same religion (Islam) and fighting for a cause from different perspectives, say it good and bad. The thrilling screenplay that gives surprise every second, while revealing the past of Kamal Haasan. Technical brilliance in action scenes which really takes Indian cinema to next level. Kamal Haasan once again makes sure that his creativity is beyond the imagination of Indian audiences and surprises you every moment.There is nothing controversial in the film as it just shows the two sides of coin. Like a Jamesbond film highlights Britain, Spielberg film highlights America, this Kamal's movie has highlighted Indian spy system. Besides that, this legendary actor commands huge respect for his technical brilliance.

However, the movie might appeal only to urban and A-center audiences, as there is no entertainment factor. And, adding entertainment in a movie like 'Viswaroopam' is like degrading the very meaning of creative intelligence. But the enormous budget mounted on this flick, is surely a risk, if Kamal aims only at Indian market.

Excellent, Intelligent, Extraordinary

Author: ram kumar from India
25 January 2013

Kamal Hasan is the man who always thinks high about the technical standards of the movie, can did once again a fantastic technically high standard movie. This movie should be the best ever Tamil movie came out till date in Tamil cinema history because of its technical sound and having a standard of an international things with it. As an actor we all know that he is the best man in industry and he proved it once again through this film. Tremendous acting as three different characters. Being a director cum writer, after hey-ram Kamal Hasan Written a brilliant script with high thrilling line. Even Hollywood movies too not defines this much of things about USA and Afganistan. His style of making and narration holds the Tamil cinema to next level and make it as an international movie. This movie is the must watch movie and sure it is one of the best movie ever made. Go and watch it for the brilliance of Kamal Hasan. My rating is 10/10. EXCELLENT....

A Magnum Opus from Kamal Hassan

Author: Meenakshisundaram Ramanathan from India
26 January 2013

To start off with, I don't know why Muslims are protesting against this film. The charges that they make are untrue. The film doesn't insult or defame any religion. I request the protesters to allow the movie to get released so that everyone could get a chance to enjoy this masterpiece and know the truth.

Coming to the movie, this film will definitely go down in history as one of the best Indian Films. We Indians should be proud that a Indian film maker had made a movie on par with International standards, maybe even more.

The films opens up with a brilliant Kathak dance. Kamal Hassan has mastered this art and the effort he has put in really shows. The scene where he shows his stunt skills will give you goose pumps. From there onwards the movie picks up on a rapid pace. There isn't even a single dull moment in the film. The screenplay is very good and every scene has been filmed with lot of conviction. The movie runs for 135 mins but it could have been a little longer. I can't wait to watch Vishwaroopam II.

Gorgeous, impeccable

Author: Sudherson-V from United States
26 January 2013

Long I had a wound, when there'll be a Tamil movie on par with Hollywood. Vishwaroopam lives to heal that wound. A perfect action, thriller experience right from the start. Filming in Afghan, US marines in choppers, RAW - M16 modus operandi, screenplay, action - all in one, brilliant film making. There was just one song at the start, then it was all action and thrill. Kamal impeccably played the Bharatanatiyam teacher role, with feminist moves, body language. The shame is that Tamilnadu Govt. has banned this movie, our own people are pulling him down when he attempts to scales skies. The narrow minded section of the Indian society cannot digest the truth, they are sleeping in a deep well where there's no light. Shame, shame people, shame on you protesters.

Best Movie ever made in World cinema

Author: mksudhan from Chennai, India
24 January 2013

This is the best movie ever made in world cinema. Previously i was wondered about that for which reason kamal hassan got the directorial offer of Hollywood movie even he has all the skills. After watching the movie I say proudly that kamal hassan is not only the best actor but also a best best director. Enjoy watching this movie.Before releasing this movie kamal hassan faced so many political, theatrical threat to release the movie. Because he has planned to release this movie in DTH(Direct to home). If that would have happened, then it would have made a history in Indian cinema. For this DTH release all the theater owners and the distributor association opposed. Finally they made a speech with kamal hassan and it was decided that the movie will be released in theater first, then it will be in DTH. After that some political parties gave threat to release this movie. So tamilnadu government put stay to release this movie.After its release all around the world except tamilnadu the movie got full positive reviews only...Proud to be a kamal hassan fan..

Vishwaroopam, a technical masterpiece, competing against any world class making

Author: Madhu Chakravarthi from Chicago, IL
27 January 2013

Vishwaroopam - Technically ... the best Indian movie I've seen so far...be it content, cinematography, audiography, art and editing. Multi-layered screenplay ... director Kamal scores here.... the movie is definitely a little slow when you're watching especially the afghan episode in first half ... once the movie is over and when it sinks in after a couple of hours .. you'd think of watching again for the making. The songs gelled really well with the movie however the bgm was very disappointing that most of the scenes were blank and brought down the pace of the movie.

Kamal Haasan's transformation was stunning and unexpected. 10/10 as an actor. Rahul bose's performance was noteworthy. Remaining actors Pooja Kumar, Andrea and Shekar Kapoor did a decent job. Very good casting.

On the controversy... there is nothing shown against Islam or Muslims.. in fact there were a couple of jokes about Hindus/Brahmins. The movie has attempted to show jihads as they are .. nothing that we've never seen in TV/Internet ... There is just a 1 minute scene in the whole movie that shows Indian Muslims in a great way and the amount of pain caused to Muslims and their families by these terrorists and the way the world treats Muslims (including Indian Hindus). This one scene forms the core... making it the most Muslim friendly movie ever. The only reason for you to get offended would be that you're a jihad and you don't like a movie that shows you who you are and what you have done.

$15 not down the drain.. in fact I'm thinking of night show tonight ... something I've never done in my life!

Best Indian Film - Hollywood standards

Author: dkayahoo
27 January 2013

As many have not seen the movie, i don't want to reveal anything here. So pls go and enjoy in a good theatre.

This movie is mindblowing and there is one 'Transformation Scene' in the movie. WOW - being a Indian movie fan, i have seen lot of mass scenes , but when i was watching this TRANSFORMATION SCENE, the feeling i got is something i have never felt while watching a movie.

Be it the bgm, scene, stunt, looks, action, song - all in that one scene makes it OUT OF THE WORLD.

The movie on a whole is a TERRIFIC VISHWAROOPAM on its own. It handles such a sensitive topic in such REALISTIC WAY...

Its a 3 hr drive to a terrorist camp in afganishtan during the war and you all get a glimpse of Osamabinlaiden - VISHWAROOPAM BEST Indian MOVIE .

Page 1 of 23:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]