IMDb > Reggae Britannia (2011) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Reggae Britannia (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Reggae Britannia's Roots (...Rock, Reggae)

Author: anthony_falez
4 November 2012

Reggae Britannia is definitely a must see for any and every reggae fan out there. The film features a number of great artists and bands, such as Aswad, Steel Pulse, UB40, The Specials, Police in their early days, Bob Marley, and even Mikey Dread. Even though the documentary's focal point was Britain's reggae scene, and especially since Lee "Scratch" Perry, a producer who has been influential in the reggae scene at large, had been mentioned, I wish the film would have included or featured, even briefly, a couple more Jamaican bands like The Viceroys, or The Congos who recorded their best known album, Heart of the Congos, with Perry. Reggae Britannia, nonetheless, offers a curt, narrow and superficial, yet informative look at the evolution of reggae from the rock of Jamaica to the boulder of Britain.

Be sure to check it out!

I just want to say that, in my opinion, Marley is synonymous with and reggae. I fell head over heels in love with reggae only after having heard his music in my childhood, and if I had not heard the music of this one man, you would not be reading these words right now; rest in peace, Bob Marley.