IMDb > "Beauty and the Beast" (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 17:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

I'll be following it

Author: christianhh from United States
18 October 2012

I can't understand the negative reviews, I enjoyed the first episode and found it demanding of my attention (I watched on HULU while doing other tasks... or not doing them, because, as I said, it grabbed my attention). The acting in this show is quite a bit better than most CW offerings, and Jay Ryan is well cast as Vincent. IMHO, and Kristen Kreuk's personality aside (I don't see how it has anything to do with the quality of the show, as actors are notoriously self absorbed, so I think the hit piece published above is irrelevant and I'm surprised it was approved) I find Kreuk's performance to be just the right combination of tough exterior with fragile insides. So far as the story is concerned, it's off to a bit of a slow start, but it's not uncommon for a good or even great show to take some time to build it's world. This will take a bit of time as the writers seem very focused on establishing the two main characters and their relationship to each other. I was also impressed that the action sequences did not dominate the show. They were short, well done and added to the story instead of hiding any flaws. This one I'll be giving a few episodes to see how well it builds.

This show is going places

Author: astralxromance from United States
25 October 2012

I wanted to start by saying, I've never watched a pilot more than once in the same week but with this show, I did. When the second episode aired, there were bits that were bothersome to me and I wasn't quite sure where it was going. However, after watching the third episode, I finally get to see where it's headed and I absolutely love it. I think everyone should give this series a chance and if you don't like it, that's fine but I can't say this show is similar to anything else on TV. I love how different it is and the entertainment factor is through the roof. The chemistry between characters is excellent and the acting is up to par. This is most definitely a show I'll be following!

Loving it so Far

Author: km2442
23 October 2012

Some people are panning this because it's based on the 80s version. I've never seen the 80s version and I'm sure there are differences, but it's like the book vs the movie...it's not going to be the exact same show. This is the CW, a network with The Vampire Diaries and Supernatural. This isn't Homeland and it's not going to win an Emmy, but f you go in to it with an open mind and let it stand on it's own, it definitely delivers. The two leads have great chemistry and yes the 'beast' is a hottie, but he morphs in to a Beast in anger. He looks the part, he saves the girl and they work together with romance brewing between them. He can't have human contact and she doesn't recoil from him. The cop part of the show is also pretty good (I say pretty good, because I'm not a huge cop-show fan) and it's interwoven well with their interactions. Give it a shot. I didn't think I was going to like it, after last year's Secret Circle, but I do. Do yourself a favor and don't listen to the cynics who want a complete rehash of the original. Great!

LOVE this show!

Author: laer_a
11 November 2012

I was a die hard fan of the B&TB of the 80s and I feel this show is awesome IF, and only if, one stops comparing it with the original and give this show a chance. I think CW should have given the show a different name as well as the main characters because it gave a certain level of expectation to die hard fans. Some people were disappointed, others were not (like me). The only stand out similarities are the title of the show and the names of the main characters (Catherine and Vincent). Other than that, this show is a different take and should not be compared to the original. The original had "heavy" and "deep" material. Heck! Real life nowadays is already heavy and deep. If I wanted heavy and deep, I would watch the news or read the newspaper, etc. I want to mentally "escape" from real life for a few hours. So, I tune in, sit back and be entertained. I recall another show (about two vampire brothers in love with one woman) that initially had many negative reviews in its first season (mostly because the TV version was vastly different from the books). Now, that show has a cult following. Give B&TB a chance...give yourself a chance to have some fun.

Just be patient

Author: iqphantom
20 October 2012

I really like the idea of a Beauty more determined and more ready to kick some b...in the quest for the truth. It is a different concept and a different Vincent. I truly don't get it how can one review a TV show after such a short while. Clearly some of us need to be patient. They will fall in love...I mean you have to be blind not to notice the chemistry ( she is obviously extremely attracted to him and vice versa)but where will be the fun if he would jump her bones in the first episodes? Also , the obvious adrenaline issue ( he turns when it kicks in) which was so carefully underlined by his friend -" Remember what happened the last time you made the play list?" - will most likely be in the way.

I mean, really you guys , give it a chance and stop expecting hot sex and blasting love from the first episodes. Next...you will say the kiss ( which has yet to happen) was lame. Does anybody remember the classic series? How long did it took for them to actually kiss...

Extremely satisfied, waiting for more

Author: ralica_kaleva from United Kingdom
21 October 2012

I am very pleased and glad to be a part of this magnificent and fresh "Beauty and the beast" story audience.Seeing the new version of this so sweet and touching fairytale about the beauty In the beast, I became more open-hearted than ever.It shows you so many "read between the lines " communication, contacts and reactions. The idea of being respectful to the different human or not-so-human beings is so strong and so preaching.I like the modern view, the nowadays life, which we all have and struggle with. I feel so awakened, revived, like a fully charged battery. Impressed by the actors- they put so much passion, life and warmth to their characters and the movie as a whole.I did not believe, that I'll watch something on the screen without being bored, But- there it is- unique, brilliant and well-presented vision, nothing like the other "Copy-paste" pale TV stuff. Admire the creators of this project, so much soul and eye connection! I hope there will be more, there Must be more!

Absolutely LOVE this show

Author: msruiz21 from U. S. of A.
1 November 2012

Im not sure how I had not heard of it but one day while surfing through HULU I decided to watch the first episode and fell in love. Not my kinda series but there's something about it thats so captivating to me. The actors are good (not any A-listers but certainly deserve some red carpet!) and the story line is quite entertaining!! Really really really hope the show is not canceled!! Can not wait for the next episode!!I definitely recommend you guys check this out and see what Im talking about. Maybe you don't completely fall in love with the first episode but by the second Im sure you will be hooked! The actor that plays the beast is extremely good looking also!

Excellent new series, I look forward to every episode!

Author: RiverGirl85 from Yes
17 November 2012

This is by far my favorite TV show of the year. I absolutely love the way in which the storyline is developing, and the growing chemistry between Vincent and Catherine. In my opinion, there is something really special and unique about this show. The acting is excellent, and each character is strong. J.T. and Vargas bring some lighter comic relief, and they are great supporting characters for Vincent and Catherine. So far, we are around half way through the first season, and every episode has managed to be consistently good and entertaining from start to finish. My friends in the UK are already really looking forward to watching Beauty and the Beast when it gets aired over there in January. The Beast is a different type of beast than in previous movies and shows of the same name, and I think it fits in really well with the new modernized setting. I'm intrigued to see which direction the writers intend to take the show, and I look forward to each new episode!

Interesting

Author: trails714
20 October 2012

Very interesting episodes. There's lots of action and mystery. I'd like to see how their relationships develop. I'm a fan and going to watch. I really like all the actors and their abilities are incredible. So far I've seen two episodes, and the story line, and plot does keep the viewers guessing. There seems to be a lot of different people with different issues and mysteries to solve. There's a cross between protecting a victim and the law, it's complicated. It's a lot of excellent writing, producing, directing and acting. There's substance to this show, more substance than the typical. I also think the characters are varied and I like the connection between Beauty and the Beast. She is so beautiful and he is handsome - it's a complicated relationship that is not boring! The doctor is attractive too...so far, so good, I want to watch more!

Enjoyable

Author: Andrew Dawson from Boston, MA
13 October 2012

I watched all of the episodes of the original series and truthfully by its end I had grown bored. So the dialog of this show may seem silly to some or maybe the plot unbelievable to others, but for a fan like me of sci-fi and supernatural based shows, this is more refreshing than watch yet another drab crime drama, medical drama, court room drama, etc type show that parades the airwaves every night. Regardless of how long this show lasts, I'll continue to watch it and enjoy it like I did The Secret Circle. Like that show, it has good special effects, a nice looking cast, and something that seems more exciting than seeing two people try to figure out every single show the murder of the week or the crime of the week.

Page 1 of 17:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]