« Prev | 285 of 390 Episodes | Next »

Benson is the only friend this kid has

Author: bkoganbing from Buffalo, New York
17 April 2014

Mariska Hargitay owns this particular episode of SVU. She's the only friend this confused kid has after his father is arrested for one rape and caught in the act of another.

You'll not convince Cameron Monaghan that his father Michael McKean was anything but the greatest dad in the world. I might think so too if at 16 I was set up in my own apartment and girls supplied, all I need and can handle with 16 year old libido. McKean is a reality TV producer so he's got hopefuls beating down his door. Monaghan's mother and sister who split from his father have a different view of him, more in line with law enforcement's.

Young Monaghan's one torn up kid inside and he takes two hostages and holds them in his apartment demanding his father be released. McKean shows how much he cares when he says he won't cooperate unless the charges against him are dropped. Some piece of work.

With SWAT surrounding the building the only friend he has is Mariska Hargitay who literally puts her body between him and SWAT to save him.

One of Mariska's best.

is it just me or did Benson just need to STFU in this episode?

Author: MrJANKESloco from United States
31 August 2013

wow I have never been so angered at an episode where the perp just needed his head blown off through an entire episode and where the detective just needed to let happen what SHOULD happen. Doing everything she can to stop the other police around her from doing their job and her throwing herself in the way when he went to the window was ridiculous and complete insubordination. any detective who would have done this in real life would be under a review board and suspended until further investigation of their actions. 1 out of 10 for complete unrealism. If a real cop would have done this they would not have a job after it. which should have been brought up at the end of the episode; she risked her life along with everyone in that apartment just because of personal reasons getting in the way. no move made to disarm the kid was ludicrous. not letting the snipers take the shot, ludicrous.

I would have shot Benson

Author: mdbourke-282-899973 from Australia
25 March 2015

SHUT THE HELL UP BENSON. Seriously Benson was a detriment to this whole episode, yet again. I like one of the other reviewers wanted to throw something at the television screen. She interfered at every level and sought justice for a menacing redhead. Again she ignores orders and just talks and talks and talks about doing the right thing by everyone. I dislike Benson as she is being written and I think she has to be written out of the show now, or at least give the audience a sense of satisfaction and hold her accountable for her interfering. Look back at episodes and just see how many times she is a detriment to investigations as opposed to working well within a team. WRITE HER OFF