Good review of poverty issues, but with a hidden agenda?

Author: Dcamplisson from United States
10 December 2013

This documentary gives an up close and personal view of poverty in India. It gives a face and a name to the usually anonymous beggars of India. It does not stint in serving up the unalloyed reality of their very difficult lives. However disturbingly the documentary highlights and promotes an organization which has a missionary focus, without being upfront about its nature. There is a request to support this organization but even then it's Christian mission is not revealed. Instead it is implied that it is a homeless aid org.

Something about the presenters' bland style and the name of the organization which seemed familiar from various local "crusades" made me suspicious enough to check this out. Sure enough the organization has a focus on promoting Christianity in "every village in India" (really? Hindu,Sikh and Muslim villages.?) even though this fact is never revealed. apart from that subterfuge this is an interesting slice of life. Points off for being sneaky.

Beautifully captured story of the orphan's plight in India

Author: Glenn Garvin from United States
17 September 2012

I've never been to India, but this documentary delivered me into the heart of the country. Not only was I geographically transported, but I was given the rare opportunity to be emotionally invested into a world so far away. The film was able to communicated the dignity, creativity and drive it takes to exist on the streets of India as an orphan.

The guys who did this film are producing it to feature the orphan's story and help us connect with an existence outside of the United States but well within the circle of humanity we all share.

If you cannot afford to travel to India yourself, then do yourself a favor and watch the movie and engage your soul in someone else's problem for a change.