Did You Know?
Numerous technical law enforcement mistakes, especially for a large metro police agency.
1. No one would move from an officer to Deputy Chief in one year, skipping the ranks of Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain, and Major.
2. Police officers do not turn off their cars with all of the lights going as West did several times. The emergency equipment would drain the battery and leave them stranded and unable to respond.
3. A Chief would not come into a roll call and publicly berate a Deputy Chief based on an unsupported allegation.
4. Detectives in large cities, and especially high-ranking ones such as West, do not perform patrol functions as shown.
5. Officers do not use their names on radio calls, they have radio ID numbers.
6. The SUV crash as shown was not possible. The vehicle would have collided with the objects, not flipped over. The speed of the vehicle as shown was far less than the 60 MPH the officer stated, there were no skid marks, and dispatchers do not give out the registered owner's name on crash calls. See more