IMDb > TalhotBlond (2012) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

TalhotBlond (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Must Watch for Any Internet User

Author: butterflywars from United States
24 June 2012

TalhotBlond is a movie where an ordinary man married for 17 years in a normal relationship with two children decides start up an on-line relationship with a teenage girl.

Moral boundaries are crossed which leaves the married man in a predicament he never knew was possible with just on-line chat.

I can't give away anymore of the plot cause if I do I'll spoil the movie for you. But what I will say is that if you're an Internet user (and you have to be if you're reading this review) then you should give TalhotBlond a chance since it's based on a true story and it will leave you speechless once the credits roll.

I give it a 7/10 because some scenes drag a bit and there was a little too much on-line talk throughout. I would have had the dialog of each conversation with a scene showcasing what each person was typing but that's just my opinion, you might not feel that way.

One of the better LifeTime movies I have seen

Author: kimbg-935-647578 from Az
16 November 2012

Based off a true story (most are) but I remember this case in the news last year. A family is totally turned around when 47 yr old married father of 2 Thomas Montgomery becomes obsessed with a certain chat room and then becomes fixated on a young blond woman/Kate . He develops a keen interest in her too so he pretends he is a 21 year old marine sniper.This online affair last almost a year and then it starts to get out of hand when his wife used his computer and found a couple days worth of chat logs. She confronted her husband and informs this young woman her husband is not who he seems. So both Thomas's relationships are in serious trouble. He cannot seem to stay off of the computer so he signs on and actually again chats with Kate. Kate tells him she intends on seeing a much younger man Brian, a friend of Thomas's. He gets incredibly jealous and then tragedy happens. This is a surreal story of people who cannot separate fantasy from reality and they caused an absolute disaster.

Excellent Film-Woe to the Internet ****

Author: edwagreen from United States
1 July 2012

An excellent film showing a mild-mannered 47 year old man lured into an internet affair with supposedly a young girl.

This is a guy who basically can't accept that the years are going by and he is getting older.

Laura Giacomo, as his homely wife, and a loyal co-provider to their children, gives a wonderful performance.

Though he never meets the girl, their computer affair alters his personality and creates a tremendous obsession with her. A fellow worker is dating the girl and tragic consequences result in this true story.

By the end, you know that there a lot of people who lie on the internet while promoting themselves. In this case, tragic consequences resulted.

Anyone notice that the cop who pulled our guy in is the same gentleman who plays the mentor to our young cop Jamie in the hit-series "Blue Bloods?"

On the road to Damascus.......

Author: rbrb
17 November 2013

Super good movie and without giving anything away, there is one moment during this film that has an enormous shock.

The story is about a middle aged married guy who gets on line and meets a much younger woman with whom he becomes infatuated with, leading to all sorts of consequences.

This picture is apparently based on true events.

The lead actor gives a compelling performance, and he and the rest of the cast are very convincing.

The story also examines what problems can arise from on line dating.

A hugely entertaining and thought provoking film!

Mostly enjoyable

Author: vchimpanzee
26 June 2012

Thomas Montgomery is 47 and still works as a laborer in a factory that makes metal parts. His wife Carol does office work for a doctor, along with Amanda. Their marriage seems okay but he has trouble in bed. They have two young daughters, one on a swim team.

Thomas plays poker with his friends, including Brian Barrett. One night the friends tell Thomas that they also play online and invite him to join them. Part of the fun of online poker is chatting with other players. Immediately after Thomas signs up for the site, Talhotblond, who says her real name is Katie, invites him to chat. Thomas, who uses the name "marinesniper", served in the Marines and was a sniper in his younger days, but he got hurt. Talhotblond sends him a photo of a gorgeous young blonde in a bikini. Is it really her? Or if it is, is it an old photo? I won't say, but Thomas definitely deceives his new friend by telling her that he is currently serving and getting ready to go to Iraq and Afghanistan (this movie is set in a time when we still had troops in those countries). He also finds an old picture of himself in his uniform and sends it. You can't really blame Thomas for being tempted. He'd like to be this young macho marine again, and the first time we see his wife, she is really not much to look at. Taking off the glasses and fixing up her hair help, but Carol is not Katie.

Thomas becomes obsessed with his chats, often staying on the computer late at night. Since his wife sometimes needs the computer, he buys a laptop so he can "cheat" without Carol finding out. But she eventually does, and this introduces complications.

I enjoy "Raising Hope" a lot, and Garret Dillahunt makes a very good moron, but here his character is at least somewhat intelligent and just uses poor judgment. With a beard and glasses, I did not know who he was. I knew the name from somewhere, but couldn't remember at the time. So Dillahunt really becomes the character for me, since I didn't know him any other way. He does a good job, and in some scenes he really exceeds expectations. For those who don't know the story, I won't explain just what I mean.

Laura San Giacomo does a very good job, particularly in the scene where she confronts her husband. She made me really uncomfortable, and that's actually a good thing. Women will probably be pleased with her performance in the scene. As a guy, I kind of want Thomas to get away with it, and it's kind of unsettling to see what happens.

Ashley Hinshaw is pretty to look at. I can't say her acting is anything outstanding, but who cares? Just look at her. "Tommy" (Drew Seeley) and Katie appear in scenes that take place entirely in the imagination of Thomas.

One thing bothered me. Thomas claimed one reason he got a laptop was that the desktop was old and slow. But the Internet is almost never slow in movies and TV. And this web site was fast! Katie's messages to Thomas appeared long before any real person could have actually typed that much.

This was a mostly enjoyable experience.

Excellent!

Author: nettyforce
8 January 2013

I loved this movie. You keep waiting to see just how low he would sink before he loses his mind...just how far he would go with this girl... I couldn't stop watching.Courtney Cox directing this movie is another surprise. There are some people in Hollywood who have so much talent if only we would give them the chance to shine.Garret Dillahunt is excellent as the star of this movie also I felt sorry for him and sick at him at the same time. they caught me after a while where I think everything is getting back into control and the natural order of things will be restored. But nope soon as I think well the movie is about to end its all spinning out of control again. I love it. Love the rhythm of the movie and the camera angles made it seem as if someone was always looking over Dillahunt shoulders and spying on him. and it turns out that spy is us the viewers.

Not bad for the Boob Tube

Author: jtncsmistad-82689
17 November 2015

From thequickflickcritic.blogspot.com/

"talhotblond" is a passable made for television docudrama account of a tragic and bizarre 2005 case of fabricated internet identities and murderous jealousy.

Courteney Cox does an adequate job of directing the mostly uninspired(ing) cast (the former "Friends" star also co-produced and appears in her film, which Cox reportedly shot over just 16 days), with Garret Dillahunt (Fox TV's "Raising Hope") emerging as the most commendable of the bunch. Dillahunt is suitably creepy as a mild-mannered middle-aged Midwest husband and father who comes completely unhinged with obsession over an online persona he knows only as "talhotblond", whom he believes to be a teenage girl.

Really, can anything good possibly come of this?

Yeah, it could have been better. But if you've seen any measure of flicks fully fashioned for the tube, then you have almost undoubtedly seen way worse.

For more of my Movie Reviews categorized by Genre please visit: thequickflickcritic.blogspot.com/

C'mon

Author: avdors1 from United States
29 March 2015

How in good conscience, can the makers of this film NOT focus on the ridiculousness of the situation. A woman pretends to be something she's not, like most women have to do so they don't trigger violence in these sociopathic nut bags, and the film makers make her out to be as much a criminal as the nut bag. Racism, sexism, all seem to play a part and so many disregard the complete lunacy the people display. My general guess is that because the guy is of the dominant culture in a racially dysfunctional society, we need to explain why he's a nut bag because he was caught, and why the person who 'forced' him to commit the crime is a nut bag. Not to say that other cultures don't have the same insecure nut bags, but the 'institution' protects these particular types of terrorists. Well done documentary, with a twisted emphasis.

No laughing matter

Author: ivegonemod from United States
30 June 2012

As this is a true story, I don't understand why many don't seem to take it seriously. A young man is dead. Dead. His life was ended over a fake relationship over the internet. I don't see any humor in this movie or anything to laugh about, only sadness. A young man lost his life, kids lost their father, and a wife lost her sense of security along with a husband. All this over Katie, a girl that actually existed, but her mother pretended to be over the internet. Obviously Thomas is the major one to take the blame in this story, how could such a normal man become such a freak? I also think that the mother of the real Katie should have gotten some trouble, at least a little something because without her trying to trick people by pretending to be her daughter, none of this would have gotten started. The movie was well played, but the network needs to remember that this is Lifetime, and that in a Lifetime movie many viewers do not appreciate Masturbation scenes. The movies on this network are getting quite gratuitous.

Terrible Acting, could have been great!

Author: chiefs3182 from United States
30 October 2013

If it wasn't for the awful acting, I could maybe give it a 4. In this day in age, the plot was very intriguing and would reach out to a lot of different people. However, the main actor was literally one of the worst I've yet to see. He was supposed to be a very laid back teacher that got suckered into the Internet, but he reminded me of the main actor in Napolian Dynamite. He ruined the entire movie, and the other actors were very weak as well. This was an extremely low budget film that had maybe 10 different scenes in it. Over 50% of the movie takes place in the house. Anyone could have written and produced this movie that has ever accessed the Internet. The other big problem I had is it's all based off of an online Poker Site. I've played these sites for 10 years, and you never run into this kind of thing. Had it been based around Craigslist or something more reasonable, it could have been a lot more entertaining. As it was, it lacked a lot, and has a very disappointing ending.