IMDb > "Boardwalk Empire" Ging Gang Goolie (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Boardwalk Empire" Ging Gang Goolie (2012)

« Prev | 31 of 57 Episodes | Next »

A great series seemingly in decline

Author: Mike Bloxham from United Kingdom
23 October 2012

Yet another episode which was frankly dull, I'm all for building up the tension and getting all the story beats in place but we're almost two thirds of the way through the season now and I'm starting to despair. I was never much of a fan of Michael Pitt and thought that Buscemi could easily carry the story without him but it seems the series has really gone downhill since he was killed off. A slow paced meandering episode, some more murky political intrigue on Nuckys' part,(the attorney general is getting ready to shaft him) a baffling subplot involving a mysterious fire and Margarets son beginning to exhibit signs of mental illness, Richard meets a girl he likes, Gillian Darmody goes out cruising for a guy who looks just like Jimmy and takes him home for a shag. (Okay, we saw the incest episode, we were shocked, we get it, incest is creepy) Oh, and Owen shags Margaret again. Other than a boxing match there was little to no action. No Rothstein, no Capone, No Rosetti, No Chalky.

I'm actually boring myself typing this out, something is missing, it was flat, uninvolving, the performances were unremarkable and I'm finding it more and more difficult to care about these characters.

Boardwalk Empire Ging Gang Goolie

Author: dalydj-918-255175 from Ireland
21 October 2012

A fire starts at the Thompson shed. Owen is there to look to see how the fire started. While thinking of who could be the gypsy Margaret brings up Gyp as the one maybe to start the fire. While meeting someone in a hotel room the only person there is a maid who he has to pay off not to say anything about their conversation. Margaret talks to her son and he brings up that he likes Owen more. Lucky gets a girl fired from Gillian's service just for taking drugs with her. Nucky goes to Harry to talk to him why he did not meet with his guy at the hotel. Margaret's son seems to be into some weird once again as he was in a garage with litter fluid and matches. Margaret then must punish him by hitting him. A fight then breaks lose leaving the loser in the middle of the bar on the ground. Nucky in prison starts to talk to some of the people. When Nucky's case goes to court all he has to pay is a small amount of 5 dollars. Gillian finds someone out one night that looks very much like her son so she starts to have a smoke with him. Nucky try's to get the help of the women who tried to go after him last year just to go after another person who is his competition. Harrow meets up with the man for the bar to give back his coat. Margaret's son tells his sister about the story of the gypsy and how he burns bad people.When Nucky returns to Billie he gets a call and it is his person he has getting information on Darmady. When Margaret hears some loud noises coming from outside she grabs her gun loads and goes to see what is going on. It turns out that the person in the shed was Owen while she had a gun to his head. At the end we see Margaret and Owen have sex in the glasshouse. I'm starting to think last season was a fluke because the way this year is going I feel myself bored by everything the show has produced. None of the actors are doing good work and sure the creative is great but I judge a show on it's full package.

EPISODE GRADE: C (MVP: Kelly MacDonald)