IMDb > Son of Sardaar (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

funny movie

Author: Nandini Goyal from Canada
2 December 2012

Movie is good and has a lot of fun moments ! Although too much action was shown in beginning and during end of movie, but rest of the movie was too funny and good.

Family was so joyful, jokes were good.

Acting by sanjay was good but ajay's actin was OK.

I liked the music a lot, punjabi tone was nice ! Raja rani song is really good. Sonakshi was good too.

Overall, a good comedy movie and story was good. And it was too funny when ajay was trying to stay inside house but sanjay and all were expecting him to come out !

Time-pass if you have least expectation from the movie and ofcouse if you don't have anything to do !!

Author: Ketan Gupta from India
19 November 2012

Son of Sardar was a typical bran-less , nonsensical entertainer which could be a time-pass if you have least expectation from the movie and ofcouse if you don't have anything to do.

Jassi ( Ajay Devgan) is contacted by his native people that he has inherited an ancestral land from his father in Punjab. He must reach India immediately to sell it to continue living lavishly in London but to his surprise , he is embroiled in age old family feud with the Sandhus. Once he reaches Punjab, he must fight his way out before getting in to the hands of deadly Billu sandhus

Directed by Ashwin Dhar , SOS starts off with Ajay Devgan displaying his histrionics by riding on two horses( replaying his introduction role of Phool aur Kannte) , doing routine song and dance and meeting his Punjabi kudi ( Sonakshi Sinha). Once Sanjay Dutt enters the scene , the interaction between him and Ajay Devgan is hilarious. However , the film loses the steam subsequently and leaves no impact at the later reel. In fact , it becomes unbearable that you wish you could press the forward button . Direction is lame with minute focus on screenplay at all. Sometimes you feel that you are watching some old 90's cinema with typical masala ingredients to make a blockbuster movie. Cinematography is efficient. Action scenes are hilarious and larger than life. Art direction is good. Dialogues are just about OK. Ajay and Sanjay are the soul of the film and they make it watchable otherwise which I would call a tragedy. Sonakshi Sinha repeats herself. Music by Himesh Reshamiya is good. I liked the " Raja Rani" and " Pon Pon" songs which are the dance numbers.

SOS is a movie which has no story , no direction and simply no screenplay. As I mentioned , it is just an average time pass thanks to wonderful chemistry between Ajay Devgan and Sanjay Dutt. Disappointing : 1/5

Absolute Wastage of TIme....

Author: Raj Grewal from United States
15 November 2012

Bollywood movies are usually bullshit.... Nowadays the directors tell the actors to do whatever and then they shoot it. Its like bunch of idiots shooting a school drama..... No story, no dialogues, no sense whatsoever....... This movie is definitely no exception. I am Sardar and am Proud to be, but this movie is mockery of sardars. I cant believe Sanjay Dutt, Ajay Devgun and Salman Khan would do this crap. I watched this movie for about 10 mins and it was enough to drive me insane. Couldn't make it to 15mins and I had to shut the movie off........ ABSOLUTE DISASTER..... Don't waste any time.

the following is just filler don't watch wastage disaster.

Live action cartoon

Author: Braindead09 from United Kingdom
24 November 2012

Being a westerner who occasionally dips into commercial Indian cinema, all I can say i must have been watching a completely different film to the one that everyone seems to be criticising. Its that stuff that gives Sardaar its charm. . The bright colours, larger than life characters, goon style violence, and slapstick comedy works well to create a live action cartoon.

The colour scheme was bright and clean. The moment Jassi bounces somebody like a basketball tells the viewer this is not a film to take seriously, if the viewer is a person that does not like western comedies featuring Will Ferrell type characters and plots this film is a no. The film even uses animation to tell the story of the feud and to show the eyes bulging of the horse.

Jassi's ballsy behaviour in the beginning and his sudden decline into whimpering coward was well realised. The final fight reminded me of the Clint Eastwood film Any Which Way You Can. Sanjay Dutt and his gang remind me of the comic motorcycle gang in the same film. I can imagine him saying "Why me Lord? You made other men out of clay. Mine, you made out of sh*t."

Funny and quirky live action cartoon worth watching

poor

Author: Anish Talwaria from Bangalore
16 November 2012

I don't know that what is wrong with Ajay Devgan,why did he wanted to do competition with Jab Tak Hai Jaan,Son Of Sardar has very weak story and also the comedy part sucks,coming to action was bit OK OK but even in action there was overacting which is not good. But Jab Tak Hai Jaan Is far Better Than Son of sardar ,it has proper story,it had bit comedy part which is also better than son of sardar's waste jokes,It has emotions,it has nice songs and this Movie has no weak points. Al last according to me don't waste money on watching Son of Sardar you will be disappointed, watch Jab Tak Hai Jaan you will love to watch it again as i am going to watch again

Worst. Movie. Ever.

Author: self-username from London
16 November 2012

There's clichéd and banal. Then there's mindless. Some 20 rungs further down, there's this movie - son of sardar.

Try as I might, I can't find 1 good thing about this movie. Not one. Movies like this and Tees Maar Khan are made with the sole intention of cheating the public.

The songs are pure and sheer torture. The action is just so, so bad. At one point, a person rides 200 metres on a motorcycle in a straight line, when the motorcycle is upside down, taking time out to laugh at a line, that's repeated at least 20 times in the movie, without rhyme, reason or timing - "Kadi has bhi liya karo ji". How is this line funny in any god damn way ?

I don't know what santa banta jokes are being talked about, there's not a single santa banta joke in the movie. The lame shaayari ( urdu couplets ) looks like something they rejected/edited out of the movie one-two-three.

If you were to put a gun to my head, I'd say the ONE 'ok' thing about the movie is Sonakshi Sinha. Despite her rapidly burgeoning forehead, she has a buxom woman appeal to her, something that is baffling because she's neither very beautiful, nor a very good actress. However, she manages to deliver an average performance in a very very below average movie.

Please, please give this one a miss. This is SO not worth your time or money, and it is very rarely I say this about a movie ( the only other movie I say this about it Tees Maar Khan ). Imagine two levels below Tees Maar Khan.

Awful, just awful.

Bad..........bad..........no, just plain terrible! Has movie-making just plummeted to a profit churning business?

Author: DareDevilKid from India
21 November 2012

Film: Son Of Sardar (2012)

Rating: 1/5 stars

Reviewed By: DareDevilKid_DDK

I didn't even expect a semblance of a plot, but I did expect some wacky entertainment. Alas, this just smelted into the recent spate of mindless ho-hum.

The jokes are insipid & the gags ludicrous. Authenticity is smothered with fake Punjabi accents (except for Juhi Chawla who fruitlessly endeavors to infuse some respect in the proceedings) & faker scenarios. Its all the more infuriating when you realize that the filmmakers have mutilated the legendary Buster Keaton's classic comedy, "Our Hospitality".

Most disheartening is the rapid decline of Ajay Devgn as he makes an even stronger case for certified dementia - his repertoire is plummeting into a cesspool of muck at an alarming velocity & ominously threatening to eradicate the credible undertaking associated with him in the past, but what else can you expect from an individual who blatantly asserts that 'movie-making as the end of the day is purely a business & nothing more'.

Bad..........bad..........no, just plain terrible......avoid at all costs!

Simply Awful

Author: myredemption007 from Pakistan
12 November 2012

Oh my God ! This movie was to be compared with jab tak hai jaan and every body's expectations were very high and i also went to the theatre expecting a superb story , comedy and action but came out disappointed ! All the jokes were outdated and i thought that i have already heard them before some where e.g (Rowdy Rathore, Dabbang) this movie is in the same league as was rowdy and dabang ! Cast was good but script was very weak , Ajay tried his best to make us laugh but he's 2 old for such role and was totally miscasted here , sonakshi was as usual average , sanjay was OK ! Songs were garbage ! I recommend u 2 go and watch Shahrukh Khan's superb block buster 'JThJ' instead of this filthy crap and save ur money ! Thanks .

total waste

Author: imdb-ikysmoviedatabase from United Kingdom
22 December 2012

Sanjay Dutt, Ajay Devgon, and Juhi chawla, are some of the most talented and respected actors in the Indian film industry. When such talent comes together all in one movie, audiences expectations become incredibly high. But Son Of Saldar does not live up to the expectations at all. It is just like most other recent main stream Hindi films, that fails to keep the audience entertained after the half way point, and really starts dragging on and repeating its self with the same old boring twists and turns, plus crappy dialogues that we see and hear in every other Hindi film.

Sonakshi sinha is the new light in Hollywood after her award winning performance in Dabangg, she sadly has not had any luck with getting any good roles, but still her movies have mostly been very successful at the box office. Thanks to the star power of her films. I think at this moment only salman Khan might bring out the best of her performance in Dabangg 2.

Talking about the plot is just a waste of time, either they are short of talent, when it comes to writing a script, or they just don't want to take the risk of trying something original. With an average budget. Instead they just want to waste a lot of money, on making pure junk for us to watch on the big silver screen.!

After loosing there freedom of copying all Hollywood Movies, they just ended up going south, and are now strongly committed of only ripping of south Indian films from A to Z. its just such a shame how they can just keep letting there fans down like this, after admitting there audience has gone really mature now. So if they really mean that, then why gives us this over the top fake action scenes that are worse then a cheap animated movie, with dumb and stupid comedy's?

I really regret wasting my money on this trash, cause ajay devgon comedy's normally be okay at worst, but this time I could not wait for this movie to end. I just felt silly sitting there with 6 other people who made the same mistake of buying tickets for this Son Of a Joke movie.!

Don't watch this Movie, you will end up with a HEADACHE

Author: nazneensyed from Singapore
14 November 2012

HI Son of Sardar is so low on IQ, you can actually see the pathetic effort to make people laugh. There is no credibility to the movie and its a concoction of various masala and comedy flicks. Nothing that you have not seen in the pass.

Never have I been so eager to leave the theater,and I walked out even before the ending, as I could not bear to watch this movie anymore. I am the kind of person, who sits thru every movie until the credits run in the end.

Surprised to see seasoned actor like Ajay Devgan come up with a horrible movie like this. Its as BAD if not worser than RASCALS (Another movie which I walked out halfway) Good films will eventually win over audience hearts, and thats exactly what Jab Tak hain Jaan (JTHJ) has done. this was plain stupidity on Ajay Devgan's part to compete with JTHJ. what was he thinking !!!!!! Its a very bad judgement call on Ajay Devgan's part.I am surprised the movie turned so horrible,considering that this movie is not even original. It is a remake of a Telugu flick.

Save your money nd energy. Go watch JTHJ. AVoid this movie at all costs