IMDb > Son of Sardaar (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Son of Sardaar

Son of Sardaar More at IMDbPro »

Page 3 of 5: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

This movie was hilarious!

Author: Nida Naseem from United States
3 January 2013

This movie was very indeed very entertaining to me. It was a fun movie to watch... a movie you could watch over and over. This movie had average music and average acting which was not bad. This movie was full comedy. Spoilers in this movie would be the story. The movie could be very unrealistic and foolish at much scenes. The comedy on the other hand could also seem foolish to others at much scenes. If you are a person who isn't amused easily by average comedy and aren't caught on by a unrealistic movie this movie may not be your type. On the other hand, if you are a person easily amused by good comedy and catchy script and don't mind watching a bit of unrealistic thing this movie may just be your cup of coffee!

Simply Pathetic

Author: Nis Li (nispan4u@gmail.com) from Australia
30 December 2012

There is no Zero rating. Therefore, I have to choose 1 here. Awful in an understatement. I don't know how Indian public make this crap movie a hit and earn over 100 Cr.

No Story, No humour, no decent thing to watch. I watched this by taking 7-8 breaks over the span of 4-5 days. The only reason for watching is crazy. I just wanted to know about how stupid a movie can be made and how can it become a success?

Both the Diwali movies(JTHJ and SOS) are utter crap. Please avoid time wastage;; don't even think watching this on DVD. Full on Crap.

Common Ajay Devgan. You are a good actor. you can do indeed better than this. Indian public should stop watching this kinda movies; they don't want to support this kind of crap.

Author: nelufar_up from United States
30 December 2012

Unfortunately this is one of the horrible comedy movie. Just watched it until interval and could not continue beyond it. Drawbacks: 1.) Comedy is very forced instead of being situational and in-flow with the story. 2.) Continuity in the story is lacking. For example Bobby-Sukh's friendly relationship is never established. Sukh's friendly inclination towards Jassi is never explored. Audience is just made to believe it through Bobby's passing comments. Inspite of macho introduction why Jassi all of a sudden became timid guy was very strange and unbelievable. 3.) Music is nice but again not in sync with story.

I won't even consider it watching once!

Not so good compared to original!!

Author: mastergirish from India
7 December 2012

SOS is remake of telugu movie "Maryade Ramanna" which is also a remake of kannada movie "balagalittu olage baa'!! but all these movies are inspired by Hollywood "our hospitality" !! I have watched maryade ramanna in telugu directed by rajmouli of Eega and Magadheera fame.. telugu version is really awesome.. you don't move even for a second while watching it..

I expected a lot from SOS.. but SOS is completely different .. in marayada ramanna , lead character is not portrayed like a hero who can beat bunch of guys single handedly.. but in SOS, sardaar is a macho hero which completely contradicts the story.. Ajay Devgn really lost an excellent opportunity making of a classic thriller by trying to please masses.. i couldn't understand whether it is a comedy or action or thriller movie.. Me being die hard fan of Ajay Devgn got really disappointed with this..!!!

good

Author: Ragini Mehta from Canada
2 December 2012

Today finally I watched this movie with one of my friend here in Toronto.

She liked the movie but I didn't.

Scenes were too long to grasp. She liked the scene where lead actor was trying to avoid going out of the house but I couldn't agree with her. Scene was too long to create humor. Too long that I lost the interest and couldn't laugh in that scene.

Movie was funny but lack of story ruined my experience.

Only thing I liked was the music. Almost all the songs were good.

Action was over the top, this movie could have been better if no action is there.

Below Average

Author: devesh sharma from USA
21 November 2012

If we remove the songs (20min of total movie duration) then this movie is just nothing I would say ! Director/script writer tried too hard to create humor but I don't think a movie should be made this way. When a single so called funny scene takes move than 20 minutes then I don't think anybody would be able to laugh after that because of exhaustion.

I am not sure what has happened to Bollywood w.r.t Action Sequences. Not sure for what kind of audience they are still trying to include those non-sense action movies defeating all the gravity rules.

Punjabi accent is another big drawback of the movie. None of the cast has been to deliver the dialogues properly in Punjabi language, which is the core of this movie ! Conclusion - You might like to avoid going theater for this one !

Below average movie...silly but not funny

Author: um291290
21 November 2012

As it was already clear from the trailers that it is not something you would call a sensible comedy...but after watching this movie i found that its just another over-hyped and over-budgeted silly movie...

I was not even trying to find any logic(as they say 'just go watch the movie with your brains left at home) but still it dint make me laugh apart from 2 or 3 instances... Jokes get repetitive which starts to annoy u after some time...You can still watch the movie till first half somehow and after that it gets so unbearable..

The movie will do good business ..if a weak movie like bol bachchan can cross 100 crore mark..then dis will definitely do more business than that...

Ajay Devgn and Sanjay Dutt...so versatile actors are just making big money with their star power by giving people such a hollow movie to their followers...

This movie is one of those from which you expect least and still can let down your expectations...

I enjoyed it...

Author: pcinpocket from Bangalore, India
17 November 2012

Son of sardaar...Starting with a super action sequence when his turban moves with the movement of the flying man and wraps itself around his head. In India we are used to see these kind of action and the majority of credit goes to Mr. Rohit shetty. Golmaal returns, bol bachchan and so on. Its the recent trend now, insane action, as we have seen in wanted,ready etc. These action scene was the copyright property of the south cinema. But as soon as the south directors started to make action movie in bollywood it is in.

Son of sardaar is all about revenge. Two family fighting for a small mistake, killing each other, non-sense vows(being unmarried, to not eating ice cream and to not drink cold drink). Everything is excused when you go for a movie like this. Cause you choose this movie to see and you have to tolerate it.

About movie: story is ordinary and stretched. Ajay and sanjay are veteran actors, there is no doubt in their acting. Juhi chawala is beautiful as she was 12 year before. Sonakshi look good in sardarani get up. The only killing thing in characters was "bebe". She remind me of Johny lever in golmaal 3. Dialogues were nice through the whole movie.

You can see it one time, even if you are getting the ticket free. Just do not waste your money on this. Some scenes are enjoyable. For that scenes only i am giving 2/10. Otherwise the movie is not even worth of writing reviews.

Another dumb South remake

Author: silvan-desouza from India
16 November 2012

South remakes are becoming a trend in Bollywood, so here we have another one SON OF SARDAAR, a remake of Maryada Ramanna(Telugu) which was remade from Our Hospitality(1929) a Silent English film. The problems with south remakes, is that films in Tamil, Telugu mostly are over the top, the audiences like to watch their films larger then life, where the hero can bang 2000 people at one go, loud acting, dances Sorry if I am sounding judgmental or rude In Bollywood films in 1970 and 1980s such films dominated but had gone obsolete but sadly there were brought back by Ghajini(2008), Wanted(2009) Earlier filmmakers used to not reveal their source, but now days a South Remake guarantees a 100 crores, another craze of Bollywood and of course Diwali release. The film has a wafer thin plot, which could get over in 1 hour but it's prolonged to 2 hours 20 minutes. The film starts with Ajay Devgn stopping a Sikh from smoking in London, when the locals come to bang him, what follows is one of the most absurd action scene, wherein Ajay Devgn hits a guy with his pagdi and he goes rotating in the air till his pagdi comes back to shape, then he plays basketball with a guy midair, kicks one guy and throws in the air and he falls over a dozen guys, such madness is become a norm in Bollywood, I had felt the action scenes have become better in Bollywood now, and the old days are gone but I was wrong, now days the action scenes have become all the more stupid.But the audiences like such nautanki so who cares? Then when the action scene ends we have the guy who started such nonsense, who else? Salman Khan in a cameo, who says some dialogue about Pathan and Sikh ki dosti, Phew! sure the audiences will be in raptures(especially single screens, his fans). Then Ajay is told he has to go to Pagwara in Punjab for a land dispute, there there is an age old rivalry between Sanjay Dutt's family and Ajay's family, as both fathers had killed each other and there are waiting for Ajay's character to come so that they can kill him. Ajay on the train meets Sonakshi, predictabily falls in love and here we have a scene where after Ajay is mocked that he cant get in a tender coconut through the railway window, he throws it out, it bangs a pole and enters the train, into his hands(watch it to believe it) The rest of the film involves escapades between Sanjay and Ajay. How Ajay refuses to come out of Sanju's house where he accidentally reaches without knowing Sanju's true identity and a game of one man upmanship. The film has several action chase scenes, breaks in the form of romance, songs, dance, sacrifice, All in 1 film. The ending has a long fight scene and finally happy ending. Any redeeming features: Juhi Chawla and her spontaneous comedy and few funny scenes but nothing really funny

Direction by Ashwini Dhir is below mark Music by HR is typical, most songs sound tunes heard before Action scenes are over the top and horrible

Ajay Devgn who earlier gave some intense performances, now days seems settled in comedy Here he tries his best to carry off a lovable Punjabi and does a decent job, he carries off the dumb comic act well and succeeds to an extent. Sanjay Dutt seems having a blast playing a role that suits him to the T. He does a superb job(Strangely Ajay played a similar role in Bol Bachchan) Sanjay and Ajay both real friends, starred in a comedy last year in October, Rascals which was a disaster here there strike gold again. Sonakshi Sinha is trademark Sonakshi, same role from Dabaang and Rowdy Rathore, she seems happy being typecast, afterall for such heroines numbers are everything. Juhi Chawla is a delight, the actress who gave several great comic acts earlier in Bollywood, took a break and started doing meaningful cinema but now comes back and she gives a freewheeling performance and steals the show. Tanuja who suffers from some weird amnesia is good in her part Vindu Dara Singh is decent, Mukul Dev repeats his Yamla Pagla Deewana and Char Din Ki Chandni act, but does lend several funny scenes but he better show something different or else again he will reach his nadir he had reached as a solo actor a decade ago. Amongst rest Arjan Bajwa is okay, Rajesh Vivek is alright Puneet Issar, Sanjay Mishra have 1 scene each. Salman Khan has a 1 scene role and comes in the end credits and sure his fans will love him again as they do now days. The film ends with the song Po Po which features Salman Khan to get the audiences perhaps, and with a Happy Diwali board by all characters which again proves a point, how such filmmakers cash in a Diwali release and plan the release first then start shooting. One additional point: Hope Ajay Devgn had wasted more time seeing the film and making it better then in his stupid controversy with YRF anyways in the end of the day 100 crores is everything.

Ripping off my eyes was never so pleasant.....

Author: sagar sanap from India
2 December 2012

I wonder what "special" talent it takes to produce such a piece of CRAP!. What a shame on part of Indian film industry that this movie came out of it.... Sheer waste of time, money, attention, sight, fuel used to go to the movie, blinks, chuckles, breaths, blah blah blah... This review will avenge the wasted things... I swear to God, i haven't seen such a pathetic movie in my life till now.. Extremely poor acting, unnecessary songs, pathetic characters, stupid faces made by lead actors... Another point, extremely unrealistic fight scenes, these scenes are digestible if the story of movie is catchy...as in case of Singham... But this film has worst plot and those fight scenes made it the best "watch to suicide" movie.... Its making 100 crores....i wonder where sane people have gone for vacation these days....

Page 3 of 5: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]