IMDb > "Baby Daddy" (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Baby Daddy"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Baby Daddy" More at IMDbPro »

Anticipating the Rest of the Season

Author: champjohnson29 from Hollywood
23 June 2012

In a world that is being overrun by reality TV, I really enjoyed this show. I saw a couple of billboards about it but didn't make it a point to watch but I just watched it On Demand about fifteen minutes ago and found it very entertaining. While it wasn't hysterically funny it had parts that I giggled and I'm certain that as the season progresses, the jokes will get funnier. I grew up when TGIF was popular. Shows like "Family Matters", "Sabrina, The Teenage Witch", "Step By Step", "Full House", and others shows came on. It was a great family time for my parents and my brother and I'm certain this is a great show for family.

I read a review saying that this show wasn't "realistic" but when it comes to sitcoms like this they're not supposed to be 100% realistic, they're supposed to entertain. The point is to take be inspired by realistic events and exaggerate them for TV's sake. I, personally, am happy that shows like are returning to TV. We need these family sitcoms to invade our TV screens once again so that we can have evenings, like in the past, to watch back to back shows that have values, yet make us laugh.

I say, save the "realistic" film and TV for those the drastically deep people trying to win Oscars. This is a great family show, with good actors who have great chemistry on screen. They were some elements that were introduced in the pilot that have me intrigued for more to come. Watch this show. You'll enjoy it!

First episode review

Author: James Soulier from United States
23 June 2012

I thought the first episode was very funny. I laughed the entire episode. The comedy reminds me of shows like Reba, 8 simple rules, some of ABC's TGIF shows, that 70s show and many more. I think all those shows are super funny and really good. This show isn't as good as the ones I just listed but that doesn't mean its not good. My nephew will be born soon so to me this is a fun show about people trying to take care of a baby and they don't know what to do. I can relate since I don't know much about taking care of a baby. I will enjoy this show while waiting for my nephew to be born and while helping take care of him after he is. I think you should watch an episode or 2 and see if you like it.

Love it!!!!

Author: randa05 from United States
10 August 2012

I love this show! It's one of my new favorites. It's a good family type sitcom, I watch it with my little brother all the time. These people saying it's not as funny as New Girl and Raising Hope, etc. Well this is Abc Family. Emphasis on the family! I mean I love New Girl, but that it is a show with a lot more expletives, a lot more of comedy having to do with sex. I think it's nice to see a show without all of that. You don't have to curse and talk about sex to be funny. And I love the cast!! They are all great. And of course Danny, so darn cute! He is my favorite =)

This show is great!! All of y'all that don't like it don't have a good sense of humor =P

sweet

Author: jmgmasse from Canada
11 May 2013

When I saw this show advertised on TV I immediately set a series record, knowing that it would be worth watching. When my 6-year-old Sat down and put the pilot on we watched it together. She loved it and so did I because It was so full of heart! You have Ben and his best friend/roommate, Tucker. Then, there is Ben's big bother Danny and their childhood neighbour Riley. She used to have the unfortunate nickname "fat-pants" but has since lost all the weight and is now in law school. Also, she is quietly in love with Ben, and Danny calls her out on It. But, the sad thing is Danny secretly has a thing for her so that poses a future problem. When Ben's ex leaves their 3 month old baby girl, Emma, on his doorstep with a folder that says she is giving the baby up for adoption and needs him to sign off, he has to make a difficult hard life decision. Will he or won't he keep the baby? Um, of course he will keep the baby! This show Is sweet and I can't wait to see what happens.

Show with an interesting role reversal premise

Author: Mike-DD from Singapore
20 March 2014

Usually, the women are the ones who get stuck with raising the kids when there's an unexpected pregnancy. In this case, it's a little like Three Men and a Baby made into a TV series, except the three men in this case are much younger.

As a series, I liked how the characters are allowed to develop, as much as can be developed for a sitcom. There are the usual young male antics - trying to impress dates, shameless flirting, hooking up left and right, etc. But there are also the parts where young daddy Ben fights for his daughter, makes sacrifices for her, pines after Chelsea, parts which make him more than a two-dimensional token dad.

The other characters also make it interesting: lovable best friend room- mate Tucker, simple-minded hockey player brother Danny, loud-mouthed mother Bonnie, and sweet intelligent Riley, the object of many men's affection.

The acting is good for a show that does not depend usually heavily on physical comedy. Most of the time, each episode's main plot is interesting enough on its own.

I hope this show continues its good run till Three Men and a Baby becomes Three Men and a Lady on TV.

Similar to Two Guys and a Girl but then throw in a baby.

Author: Shopaholic35 from Australia
28 June 2014

This show is really quite funny. Very similar to Two Guys and a Girl but then throw in a baby. Baby Daddy has filled a void in the comedy genre that has been missing since shows like Friends and Will & Grace ended. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying this show is in the same league but I love that it meets the same criteria. Young singles living in New York who go about their day-to- day lives. Its comical, slightly stupid but totally realistic...well sort of : )

Love the cast too. They're very endearing and charismatic. You can't help but want to like them. Very impressed with their comedic timing as well. I hope they do continue to develop their story lines but I hope they don't lose the charm of the show by making it too heavy.

Humorous & Cute

Author: Adam Clinard from United States
20 July 2014

A light hearted comedy that takes on parenthood from a young father's perspective.

It's obvious this is just a television show version of parenthood, but it tackles many emotions that a new parent would/could possibly go through.

Considering that it is on ABC Family, it's packed with plenty of cheesy comedy for an easy laugh and an easy watch but it also tackles some deeper topics like child abandonment, forcing a kid to grow up, and more. It's definitely a show I look forward to watching each week.

Starring the handsome and cute 20 something "daddy" Jean-Luc Bilodeau is adorable in the role and honestly, who wouldn't want him to be the "baby daddy?!"

Wow...

Author: UncleManifestor from United Kingdom
12 January 2017

...And I thought Big Bang Theory was bad! This takes bad to a whole new level.

It seems like they took characters from other successful (not necessarily good) TV shows and created a Frankenstein's monster of awfulness.

They took douche-bag Ted from How I met your mother, added cliché characters such as The Dumb Jock, the Meddling Mother, the Ditzy Blonde, the Effeminate dwarf and crafted something more tired than 30 mothers of newborns.

It is so predictable that it could convince any viewer that they had psychic powers.

I don't know how it has been allowed to continue for more than one episode, it is embarrassingly bad. The only valid reason for watching this show is having been subjected to a 'Clockwork Orange' style treatment.

Please please cancel the show and erase all copies of it.

Uses baby as pitch for bad sitcom

Author: spikemaze from Denmark
25 September 2016

Someone wanted to make this sitcom, but needed a pitch and made it about a single dad. The fact that this guy has a baby is rarely a part of the plot and they mostly work around it rather than including the baby thing.

Honestly one thing is making a bad sitcom, but making it on false pretenses is stupid.

Ben and Riley are shallow portrayed by poor actors while the other characters are alright and actually the ones who interact most with the baby.

I guess someone really likes this show, but I can't understand why.

New favorite!

Author: Rafenska Lalumba from Indonesia
6 July 2016

I never write review for TV shows but this one deserves it!

The characters, the story, the acting. Basically everything in this show makes me forget all the things and just laugh my heart out!

So far this is the only show that makes me wanna go home and watch it.

Each character has their own uniqueness in bringing the show alive and it's not boring at all! each episode has its own stuff to laugh at! The only thing that makes me regret is I didn't find it earlier, but fortunately I binge watching and now I'm in the latest episode of the latest season (S05E15)... I feel empty because of have to wait for 1 week for another episode! It's so hilarious and awesome that I re- watch from the season 1 (don't judge)!

I hope the writers and Free form keep the show on! I'm not ready for it to end!

If you need a good laugh this is WHAT YOU NEED :)