IMDb > Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Jab Tak Hai Jaan

Jab Tak Hai Jaan More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 29:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

A beautiful epic love story from Yash Chopra!

Author: iwontpee from Paris
24 October 2012

My uncle has contributed in the editing of the film and is a friend of Shahrukh Khan too.I was able to catch a private screening of Jab Tak Hai Jaan in a theater in Mumbai.Frankly speaking, I was stunned by the movie. Simple plot but the twists and turns in the movie were amazing.I will not reveal the plot details because you will loose interest in it.It's slick,stylish and high on acting and romance.

The Chopras have proved once again that you can always count on them to provide the highest quality cinema. I'd first like to applaud Shahrukh for outdoing himself. His dialog delivery is so amazing, and many times that all there was in a scene, just his voice yet it had me busting out into tears every time. I am still letting this amazing experience sink in but all I can say is, if I ever could say one thing to our King Khan, it would be that, he has truly made me love my life and hope that the love of my life is out there somewhere.The story is so amazing that you want to cry! The climax is so amazing that you want to scream! Yeah,we did scream in the theater hall!What makes this movie so great is if you have no expectation of what is going to happen next. Katrina Kaif did a really good job.She and Samar have a really great chemistry. In the scenes they have together, you totally see how much in love they are with each other. Anushka role is as convincing as the other two leads.She gives a stellar performance! The background score composed by A.R Rehman fits into the scene perfectly and leaves an emotional impact on the viewer.

Undoubtedly,Jab Tak Hai Jaan will break several records upon released.It is a movie that needs to be watched by everyone.It seems like one of those few bollywood movies that are both critically and financially successful.

Consequently, you take what you expect from a Yash Raj movie. Scenerio is perfect and the scenes are memorable just like in Veer Zaara. This would be the movie which shows eternal love. Highly Recommended!!

Romance : Immortal Forever

Author: Rohit Sabnis from India
12 November 2012

Directed by the late Yash Chopra, the film doesn't cease to impress the romantic movie lovers and of course SRK fans. People go in with some expectations of a 'Yash Chopra' type of romance and are not disappointed at all. It begins with a fearless army officer Samar moving all along Kashmir diffusing bombs without tinge of fear in his mind. The story flies in flashback after the audience is well settled for the movie. Shah Rukh Khan handles the role of a strict army officer and jolly youngster so well that it seems hard to believe that both roles are played by the same man. Anushka sharma is bubbly and ' happy-go-lucky girl' who lives life to the fullest breathing every moment of her life happily. Katrina Kaif on other hand is exactly opposite to Anushka. She is a God-lover, believes in goodness,reserved, n filled totally with love. Yashji never lost hold of his directorial touch in the movie. The songs do deserve a thumbs up. Especially the romantic Saans and foot-tapping Ishq shava. Challa makes u groove a bit on your seat. Heer likely to trigger some emotion So for all the romance lovers, JTHJ is a perfect and 'go for it' film.

His last and his best..

Author: vivek-ramasha from India
13 November 2012

Amazong plot, great direction and brilliant acting is what that sum up to a good movie. JTHJ had all three of them.

Being one of the most anticipated Bollywood movie of the year(SRK's only movie), audiences had high hopes. I doubt any of them would have been disappointed. From the very beginning to the end, it was terrific. Three best thing about this movie were its plot, A. R. Rahman's music and SRK. His acting was brilliant, but that's hardly a surprise. Katrina, after a long time since Namastey London, has given a convincing role. Her chemistry with SRK was great. But even with her relatively small role, I think Anushka Sharma came on top with her acting and unmatched facial expressions.

Movie isn't predictable...at all. You'll keep guessing how its going to end and it will surprise you. Its unpredictability is another factor you won't find anybody yawning.

Summ- One of the best romantic movie to ever been made. Do NOT miss it. I would give it 11 on10, but that will be a wee bit difficult. Mr. Yash Chopra's last movie is probably his best. RIP Sir!

Rarely we call a bollywood movie the Masterpiece - JTHJ is the One !

Author: fanofbollywood
12 November 2012

I have watched so many bollywood movies and I am really a fan of bollywood considering the fact that this is the only film industry in the world which survives well in front of Hollywood.

I would like to count Jab Tak Hai Jaan in the series of some of the outstanding bollywood flicks - DDLJ, Swades, Lagaan, KKHH, 3idiots and some recent ones, 'Paan Singh Tomar' to name a few ! Music - After a long time I was surprised to see a bollywood movie taking so much of risk in terms of music and songs. Each and every song has different kind of music that suits to different generations of people I would say. Not to forget, Yash Chopra factor dominates and viewers will feel delighted listening to Saans and Heer plus the experimental numbers like Challa and Ishq Shava.

Direction - Hats off to late Yash Chopra. He has done it ! Grand locale, awesome cinematic experience, Amazing display of intense human relations and love. No words for that Legend of Bollywood. Perfect story and script, deep sacrificial love, everything seems perfect ! Acting/Performance - All three casts have done exceptional work. I always look forward to two great actors in current bollywood - Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan. I must say, Shah Rukh Khan has given a splended performance after a long time (DON 2 was a bit near too) since Swades and Chak De.

Most impressive part was the performance and role of two leading ladies Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma. Here I would like to appreciate the script writer and the director that they gave so much of space to these two actresses along with the leading actor Shah Rukh Khan, which is a rare feat in bollywood movies ! Katrina is damn impressive and Anushka does her part well.

Last word for Worldwide viewers - Length of movie. You have to spend almost 3 hours in theater. But this is what bollywood all about !

Overall: Direction - 10, Music - 9, Acting - 10, This is not just a movie but an event in bollywood history !

One of the year's best.....!!!!

Author: Sunny Roy from India
13 November 2012

Jab Tak Hai Jaan - In a time dominated by South Indian remakes and illogical stunts comes a movie that is so refreshingly different from those mindless sagas. A movie that connects to that Old World charm and beauty of a special feeling called Love. A movie that will make you feel good about life and gives you hope about love. Though an Love Story on the surface, the movie has its own layers of emotional undercurrent running from its inception till the last frame.

And The Great Yash Chopra is not called a LEGEND just like that, he justified his legendary status yet again with a MASTERPIECE.

And there is no match for SRK when it comes to intense roles. He excelled in a role tailor made for him only. When MR Bachhan calls his' act as "THE BEST" after Swades, who are we to comment on that. Still, I believe this movie will not appeal to all, as not everyone is born with a good taste and we can't help it.

A Nutshell Review: Jab Tak Hai Jaan

Author: DICK STEEL from Singapore
13 November 2012

We see Major Samar Anand (Shah Rukh Khan) being the shining star of the Indian Army's bomb disposal unit, clocking almost close to a hundred IED diffusion and doing so in daredevil fashion. Some call him the man without fear, while others coin the term the man who cannot die, because his job is high risk, but he doesn't take the necessary precautions. The routine involves going off for a little quiet time for himself after having stared death in the face, but this time round got rudely interrupted by the vivacious Akira Rai (Anushka Sharma), who is adamant to get a stint with Discovery Channel, and chanced upon Samar's diary of sorts which got left behind.

And this natural flashback provided a look into the Major's past before his army career, being a multiple job holder in London in order to make ends meet, from shoveling of snow to the waiting on tables, to being a fishmonger, and busking in the streets. Fate allows him to meet poor little rich girl Meera (Katrina Kaif), and before you know it, their constant interaction to exchange tips in the learning of languages form the basis of their relationship, even though Meera is engaged to a rich scion. I suppose no girl can resist the charms of a man who can serenade at multiple London landmarks, and dance the way SRK does.

But here's the catch which I thought was an extremely bold move. Religion comes into play, and this takes on proportions and depth of discussions about how some put religion as priority, having empowerment over their lives, that it could sometimes lead to paralysis of sorts. To save Samar's life, Meera makes a pact with her spiritual father, and I suppose only a bet as big as exchanging one's happiness with the life of another, can bring that prayerful wish to fruition. But this causes bitterness in Samar because how can one do battle with Jesus? It's almost impossible, but if this rivalry of one's heart, toward man and toward god, isn't colossus, then I don't know what is.

I suppose what Yash Chopra's story was trying to say, is that without love, or keeping the faith, one's life can get really inward and withdrawn, losing that fun element with all things going really serious, and at times, reckless. Samar goes back to India and fulfills his family lineage of military men, but chooses the riskiest of professions, if only to tempt the higher being at taking his life away, and in such fashion to put a dent in his ex lover's faith. Akira enters the picture, and finds this old fashion love of the previous decade a lot more meaningful than the present throwaway ones that centers around physical love. The second half after the intermission sees the relentless pursuit Akira has for Samar, only for her constant advances to be continuously rejected, because in essence, Samar's heart was locked in on another, and left for dead.

As if that wasn't enough - with how Samar has turned into a Meera even without his knowledge, in shutting people out - Yash Chopra has more up his sleeves when he has to put everyone together, forming tremendous tension especially when throwing in one of the oldest plot elements in the book for a romance, albeit too with one too many hospital stays. It's decision time, and you'll find yourself taking sides as to who Samar should eventually end up with, after having emotionally invested an hour with each heroine. Characterization here is top notch in making everyone of them rich and real, that you'll probably see shades of yourself, or people you may know, in one or more of the leading protagonists.

Shah Rukh Khan once again shows why he's one of the leading men in Bollywood, with his fine all round performance in being a younger man who is full of zeal, hope and life, with the world ahead of him given his hard work, and yet balancing that out with a more sullen, serious look as the hardened military man with a death wish, nursing a broken heart and resigned to the impossibility of challenging god. Between the two leading ladies, it is difficult to pick who actually had an edge over the other, but if it's a personal choice, I'd give my vote to Anushka Sharma if only for her assured portrayal of a bubbly personality who knows what she wants and is a go getter, being in for a challenge when encountered with emotions she has yet to handle, compared to the more indecisive character that Katrina perfectly portrayed, in what would be a classic Yash Chopra model of the unattainable femme fatale responsible for the total breaking of hearts.

Cinematography is great, as you would come to expect from a Yash Raj production, with lush costumes, glossy production and art design, sets and locales being nothing but the best to put you in the mood for love, and love lost or broken. Music by none other than A.R. Rahman also lifts the film into epic greatness, befitting a contemporary love story of our time. If anything, Yash Chopra's parting gift through his films, and this one in particular, is a reminder to keep the faith, that love will come in good time, and to remember to live life, not be afraid of it. A definite must watch backed by all the right reasons.

It's a mature old-fashioned love story, told in a young, engaging but slow way.

Author: sal_maan12
13 November 2012

The film starts off with Yash Chopra's portrait and his own special Jab Tak Hai Jaan poem. And from that moment, you're transported to his magical world to witness his take on love. You see the world from his perspective, and accept anything (whether good or bad) with the most idiotic smile on your face. If you snap out or zone out of that phase, then you probably won't enjoy JTHJ. Otherwise, you're in for the best romantic saga of 2012, where true love is beyond anything, where love defies everything. Yes, even God's will.

The premise of Jab Tak Hai Jaan is simple - almost too common. The framework is similar to Yash Chopra's Veer Zaara - start from present, flashback, 2 lovers, separation for a long time.... then the same questions. Why are they not together? Will they end up together?

It worked for me in Veer Zaara. And it did here as well. If I were to compare, I'd say that Veer Zaara's story had more ''meat'' - and the reason was more compelling and made a bigger impact there. Jab Tak Hai Jaan's twist will meet with a mixed reaction - you'll either approve of it or think it's highly stupid. It will all come down to how you warm up to Meera's character, and agree or disagree with her ideologies. This is another crucial point which determines whether Jab Tak Hai Jaan will work or not for you. And if it doesn't at the interval, then do walk out because you'd certainly not enjoy the second half or the climax.

Jab Tak Hai Jaan works primarily because Yash Chopra manages to make you believe in his vision. As a director, he has that ability to present his storyline in the most innocent, simplistic, convincing way.

The film comes with a fair share of blemishes. The pace & length being the major culprits. In that respect, the editing and screenplay should have been tighter. The writing by Aditya Chopra could have been more imaginative

The love and passion were present, and how. No one does it better than Yash Chopra. And no one portrays it better than Shah Rukh Khan. Lethal combo. I always use this vague term - but Jab Tak Hai Jaan has so much soul and has its heart in the right place. Picturisation and cinematography deserve full marks. Dialogues were simple for most part - and I liked that. There were a few really deep ones which I absolutely loved.

A.R.Rahman's music is apt for the film. It does lack the ''epic'' vibe throughout the film, but then comes the title track at the end, and you're sold.

Shah Rukh Khan, as Samar, was flawless. Every single time. You think he's done it all. You think there won't be any novelty in his approach. And yet he comes and blows you away. The intensity he brings in, and the powerful control of emotions he displays is just brilliant. His outburst scene at the church, is more than enough for me, to declare this as my favourite male performance of the year.

Katrina Kaif went all out for this role, and it's obvious. Her dancing and attitude in Ishq Dance was out of this world!! I take my hat off to you, Kat. And her pole dancing in the tube, major turn on. This was no doubt her best look yet. Acting wise, Katrina does well. It's a sincere performance with many ups and one down. She messes up her breakdown scene before interval -but that aside, she was natural to the core, and this is something she should be proud of.

Anushka Sharma as Akira brings the freshness required to get Samar out of his shell. The chick's energy is infectious - and it's hard not to fall for her character. Her crying scene is one of the most natural ones I've seen so far. Rishi Kapoor & Neetu Singh have a special appearance, but a crucial one. In fact, Pooja (Neetu)'s scene with Meera takes the story forward and those 8 minutes between the four stars were one of the plusses of the film. Rishi is his jolly, flirtatious self, while Neetu has more to play with, and leaves a good impact. Watching Anupam Kher was a delight.

In short, I liked it. While not perfect as a whole, there's nothing to hate as such from Jab Tak Hai Jaan. It's a saga. An almost dreamy one. If you're charmed enough by the premise and the characters, then you'll have a good time.

This will remain the most special film of 2012 - whether you love it, like it or hate it. Go, celebrate Yash Chopra.

Sweet, good and enjoyable love story

Author: dineshprakash from India
13 November 2012

It is a good sweet love story. I personally adore Late Yash sir films. Till interval I was very scared because movie is very slow till interval, almost at the level of boredom. Nothing happens. Just before 15 minutes it takes good pace and suddenly you start enjoying it. Movie runs on a good pace till half an hour before climax. Again it slows down badly before climax. I was unable to understand that if one forgets something which is not very important to survive or any strong reason then why all are very desperate to make him remember. Thank God , climax is good. A very good story but screenplay by Aditya Chopda and Devika Bhagat is not up to mark. It drags so many times. Dialogues by Aditya Chopda , are very good, especially after interval. Performance wise Anushka Sharma is show stopper. Shahrukh Khan is very good in intense emotional scenes as usual. Katrina Kaif is also good. She is very balanced actually. Music by A.R. Rehman is good. One song is very good "SAANS MEIN TERI SAANS MILE". It's lyrics is typical of Gulzar Saab one but rest one lacks his mastery. Tune wise this one and another song "HEER" is good. After all one time must watch.

One of the Best romantic movies.. will be Shahrukh's highest grosser..

Author: Ashwath Purushotham from India
13 November 2012

ROMANCE.. Shahrukh's known for that.. and he has made sure that he will be known forever. One of the Best Romantic movies of all time in Bollywood.. DRAMA.. Who else can be more dramatic than SRK. The story unravels nicely. The movie keeps up with the high expectations of the JTHJ fans.. ACTING.. Srk, Katrina and Anushka, everyone has done a good job. Srk particularly has given a youthful, strong and masculine performance in various portions of the movie.. MUSIC.. A.R Rahman, The Maestro strikes the chord again. Most of the songs will go home with You.. Challa brings back Rabbi Shergill.. DIRECTION.. Very good.. Great Locales.. and one of Yash Chopra's best. The combination of Yash Chopra and Srk has always worked.. and this time it will become one of the highest grosser.. I am an SRK fan.. just like my girl.. so i give 10/10.. Go watch it.. make Your Diwali a Happy Diwali..

Jab Tak Hai Jaan Too Good

Author: Rocky Rebel
13 November 2012

Hello.. I watched Jab Tak Hai Jaan.. And I am not at all disappointed after watching this movie.. Brilliant Movie..

Acting was good of all the stars.. But SRK was perfect like as usual..

Unique Love story.. Watch this movie you will fall in love once Again..

Yashji thanks for this movie..

The chemistry between SRK and Katrina was really good.

Twists were good in d movie..

Music was excellent.. Direction was good.

Perfect Movie to watch with family..

Guys Must watch...