IMDb > Små citroner gula (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Små citroner gula More at IMDbPro »

549th Review: Cute Rom-Com about Swedish food and Swedish values

Author: intelearts from the big screen
20 September 2013

Små Citroner Gula- Small Lemons Yellow - is a good lightweight rom-com centered around Agnes, a girl struggling to find her way in the restaurant business, and the two boys in her life.

This is a sweet, harmless film, aimed resolutely at a rom-com market: the bad boy is more of a wastrel than truly bad, and the good boy is a little too lost (if these count as spoilers you're probably watching the wrong genre).

All in all the film glides along and is really a pretty entertaining watch - it's one to unwind, switch off, and just enjoy - it has just enough conflict and laughs to counterbalance the sweetness, and its lightweight approach actually won us over. It also something of the Swedish about it - an honesty, and a simply joy that is surprising.

All in all, a rather charming and lovely little film that may not win any great awards, but should win your heart.

Harmless charmer

Author: Roland Jakobsson (rolandddd) from Sweden
25 July 2013

A positive, charming and cute everyday girl struggles to make it professionally as well as in her personal life. She has a thing for a silent, awkward guy but can't resist letting her charming Lothario bad boy ex-boyfriend come back to have some whenever he chooses to. Sounds like Bridget Jones? Well, the Swedish romantic comedy Små Citroner gula follows the same pattern.

Små Citroner Gula follows the adventures of Agnes. She is pretty much your average girl, who has a streak of bad luck and loses her job and boyfriend on the same day. Cheered up by her loving mother, she is loaned some money to make her partner in a restaurant about to open. The movie follows her business venture and her private life, and they are more often than not mixed up, especially when she finds out that one of the city's most prominent restaurant reviewers is a goofy but cute guy that just happens to live downstairs from Agnes.

Raker Wärmländer is a good choice to play Agnes in my opinion, she is charming and looks good but not too good for the part. I was impressed with Sverrir Gudnason as well, he has a way of playing insecure, awkward guys and still he has pretty boy good looks, so the two leads make a good couple. They are helped by a strong supporting cast too, including Josephine Bornebusch, Dan Ekborg and Tomas von Brömssen.

As for the plot, it is standard rom-com fare, and you'll have it all figured out before you get through half the movie. Pretty entertaining popcorn stuff though.

Very good romantic movie

Author: Yaron Ronen from Israel
8 October 2014

Very good romantic movie. We and my family enjoyed it very much. This is the type of movie who makes you feel good. I recommend this movie for any one who wants to have a positive good time. Very good romantic movie. We and my family enjoyed it very much. This is the type of movie who makes you feel good. I recommend this movie for any one who wants to have a positive good time. Very good romantic movie. We and my family enjoyed it very much. This is the type of movie who makes you feel good. I recommend this movie for any one who wants to have a positive good time.

Yaron:)