IMDb > "Harry's Law" Les Horribles (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Harry's Law" Les Horribles (2012)

« Prev | 26 of 34 Episodes | Next »

2.14 **** All the Way

Author: edwagreen from United States
18 March 2012

What a great episode. For a startling change, someone was willing to finally air the problems of disruptions in the classroom. While the case was an unusual one, it brought the question to the forefront. While the judge agreed that inclusion of certain students is necessary, he also stated that in some cases this will not work and unfortunately, this case was a prime example.

Notice the highly educated parents of the child who the school wanted out. Notice that it was brought out that the mother, through her outbursts, contributed to what would happen to the child.

The other cases were equally entertaining as well. Adam's friend, a prostitute, is convicted by a holier than thou district attorney; it is later discovered that this guy has had quite an assorted amount of sexual escapades himself. This brings in the question of ethics in bringing this out. Naturally, our girl's term is done away with. Nothing like political persuasion.

Still the 3rd case dealt with a delusional man who claimed that his brother-in-law killed his wife, the man's sister, some years before and worked with the man in the other car to concoct the scheme. It's really interesting and Harry joins forces with D.A. Jean Smart, who is also excellent here.

This was certainly one of the best episodes in this very good show.

This Scene Deserves an Emmy Nomination

Author: Jorgescarlisle from United States
17 March 2012

I really like this show, even when I haven't been drinking.

In this episode, (as with others,) we see 3 parallel plot lines: the first dealing with the hypocritical persecution of 'morals' crimes, a second dealing with the 'rights' of public education vs. the disruptive effects of a single student's medical problems and the final dealing with an out of courtroom appeal for justice by Harry (Kathy Bates) to DA REMEC (Jean Smart).

In the initial plot line, Joel Bryant delivers the upright, justice driven defense attorney we have come to expect from him. His antagonist, ADA Cruickshank (Matt Cook) delivers a comparable level of believability in his portrayal of the hypocritical moralist. Sam Doumit delivers the role of Maggie Buchanan (the crux character of the issue,) adequately.

In the secondary plot line, we see Harry (Bates) going head to head with Mrs. Drake (IMDb uncredited actress) whom delivers a very credible protective parent role. Mr. Drake (also IMDb uncredited,) without a single line, delivers the role demanded by his scenes. Behind the parents and the lawyers, Natalie (Hailey Sole) performs the believable seizure-like facial contortions we have come to expect from the creepy characters this young actress has portrayed in the past.

The tertiary plot line really wins this episode though. Fans of the series are well acquainted with the antagonism between Bates and Smart's characters. In this episode, that relationship is taken to the penultimate extreme demanded by the characters. Without a spoiler alert it is very difficult to express what an odd, yet character demanded turn, their relationship takes.

Suffice it to say that the last five minutes of this vid, particularly Smart's "But we should," short monologue us deserving of an Emmy nomination at the absolute least. Smart shines in this scene as few performers do these days.