IMDb > "CBS This Morning" (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"CBS This Morning" More at IMDbPro »

Actual News in the Morning

Author: Tim Allen from United States
26 March 2013

I watched the Today show for decades until they fired Ann Curry. Today used to be very dependable, starting with hard news and graduating to entertainment fluff, and finally degrading to drunkenness. While I do enjoy entertainment news to an extent, it's not what I want first thing in the morning. I want to know what's shaping the world.

Since Dan Rather, I've tended to avoid CBS news broadcasts because of their known biases (not that NBC doesn't have the same). When I tuned into CBS This Morning one day I fully expected an hour of Tom Cruise and Rosie still bashing former President Bush.

However, I was pleasantly surprised to find real, engaging news stories. I couldn't help myself but to occasionally switch over to Today to see what was happening there. From the first half hour to the last, they were miles apart. While CBS was discussing the current situation in Iraq, the Today show had a panel of men discussing what made women hot to them; while CBS was talking about the effects of debt, Today was having some sort of goofy parade of people dressed up in odd costumes outside their studio. CBS This Morning is what the Today show was at it's best years ago.

If you haven't given the broadcast a chance, and are frustrated with other morning news, I strongly urge you to give CBS This Morning a try.

New Life For Morning News

Author: patrickontheplanet
3 December 2012

No fluff. No ridiculously rushed cooking segments. No disastrous crowds of people obnoxiously waving and dancing in the windows behind the anchors or the guest. Succinct news pieces. Fine hosts. Thought provoking pieces of journalism that I can actually use and appreciate. This is the house that Murrow & Cronkite built, after all, and CBS This Morning follows in that integrity. CBS has tried for years to land a niche since the days Sullivan and Smith hosted their morning news. With the new format, new studio and a new team... CBS This Morning has a shot to recapture an audience. This stellar morning program is the "thinking person's morning news" and I hope they carry on and make history.