IMDb > "How I Met Your Mother" 46 Minutes (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"How I Met Your Mother: 46 Minutes (#7.14)"

"How I Met Your Mother" 46 Minutes (2012)

« Prev | 150 of 208 Episodes | Next »

Excellent Episode

Author: slightlymad22 from United Kingdom
8 February 2015

The intro credits for this episode start things off in great fashion as it is a special one-off revolving around Barney, with the show re-titled "How I Met Your Barney", and with revised theme music with lyrics sung by Neil Patrick Harris (Barney) and as usual the man knocks it out of the park.

Plot In A Paragraph: Lily and Marshall have now officially moved to Long Island, which brings about many issues. For Lily and Marshall, they receive an unexpected and somewhat unwanted house guest, Lily's Dad Mickey. At MacLaren's, Ted, Barney and Robin are lamenting the empty half a booth where Lily and Marshall generally sat, however, Barney comes to the realisation that Lily was generally the boss of their group, and thus now he plans on taking over. That leads to an evening which has them finding unexpected surrogates for Lily and Marshall.

Any episode that features the brilliant Neil Patrick Harris's character Barney Stinson in the main storyline is always excellent. I could go on and on about the brilliance of this episode, and in particular Neil Patrick Harris but I won't bore you with it.

My god Kal Penn is painful to watch, I'm sure he is a nice guy, and I feel awful as I seem to bash him with every episode he is in, but he is awfully out of place in this show. I think he found his niche as a stoner in the 'Harold & Kumar' movies.

And my final plus point is, any episode that features the delightful Alyson Hannigan as stripper Lily gets a big thumbs up from this reviewer.

46 Minutes (#7.14)

Author: ComedyFan2010 from Canada
29 July 2015

Great episode. Lily and Marshall are getting to know the new home and the rest are adjusting to living without Marshall and Lily.

The trip to the strip club was good, especially since it involved Lily's doppelganger and they even went with her and her boyfriend on a night out. Drunk Ted was also a riot. And it was funny to watch Robin and Kevin doing things they don't like to impress each other.

With Lily and Marshall dealing with her father was the fun part. Especially Marshall going to put the lights on in the dark through the basement. Hilarious angle, like in certain horror movies.

I just wonder how they can keep Lily and Marshall living so far for the rest of the show.