IMDb > Slaughter Daughter (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Slaughter Daughter More at IMDbPro »

A cool idea that goes nowhere

Author: christ faye from United States
1 April 2013

I'm a huge fan of any movie featuring killer females. Almost any, except this one did not keep my attention. I feel both Nicola Fiora and Leesa Rowland are decent actresses and did a good job but due to the unfocused poorly structured script there performances are lost in the muck.And most of the supporting cast can't act so that doesn't help.

More blood and nudity might have helped the many boring parts. I fast forwarded through 50% of this movie. By the middle it's hard to keep focused on something that feels like watching paint dry. Overuse of colored gels and costume and makeup that feels like a high school play production. Cool name, cool idea but does not pan out.

Not too many characters and a reasonable running time!

Author: LasKeepsItReal
13 August 2015

I saw Slaughter Daughter today and my following review will contain minor spoilers throughout.

Farrah who is a young twenty something former beauty queen has been dumped at the altar on her wedding day, understandably upset although she reacts more neurotically to the situation than most people would have. After she spends some time in an asylum to recover she is released and comes back home to live with her materialistic mother Phyllis and accepting aunt Reema.

It is clear that Farrah is unwanted by her mother who regularly patronizes and insults her. Farrah becomes obsessed with a serial killer serving time in prison and plans to follow in his ways especially when she finds out her mother is getting married again.

When her brother,his girlfriend and her step father to be arrive for the wedding celebrations things take a more disturbing and violent turn, climaxing with Farrah extracting her revenge during the reception in order to her goals into perspective. Will Farrah succeed in becoming the perfect killer? Will Farrah and her mother resolve their bitter and ongoing feud?

I thought the main actress Nicola Fiore did a good job as her character Farrah in the film which i felt suited her role and Leesa Rowland as her mother Phyllis was interesting to watch with her one liners and selfishness. Some scenes and dialouge i found to be a little over the top at times although considering this is a horror film could see it as being humorous or even intentional.

I also watched the extra features for the film including the webisodes about Farrah's times in the asylum which help explain her character in more depth and a few deleted scenes which further explain her mother's motives which to be honest i could tell very quickly when watching the film.

I would give this film 6 out of 10.

About the film in my opinion

Author: shades25 from United States
11 November 2012

I saw this film for the very first time when I was at Spooky Empire and they had this film playing at their Oct 2012 Freakshow Horror Film Festival. I really did like this film and thought everyone did a great job in it. I was really very impressed with Nicola's performance in this film. She can truly pull off a wicked lady when she needs to. For an indie film I would have to say, this is a must see for everyone into horror. It was really great to actually meet some of the cast from the film as well after the showing. The film won 2 awards that night!!! I have to say they all really pulled it off. Way to go to everyone involved..you guys ROCKED IT!!!! Everyone that hasn't seen this film yet, should for sure put it on your list of indie films to watch.