Sofia the First: Once Upon a Princess

Adorable and dreamy

Author: manuela-callis from United States
23 March 2013

I think people are over-analyzing this movie. Keep in mind that this is a Disney JUNIOR movie. It is meant for pre-k to elementary school age children. This movie is about a young girl who suddenly becomes a princess, this is every little girl's dream. Yes there are flying horses and talking animals because that's what little girls dream of. I like the fact that there is a new little princess for such little girls, that doesn't involve falling in love and getting married. It addresses family life, friendship and sibling rivalry - the things that a little girl that age deals with. It's simply the innocent magical world of a young sweet girl that every little girl wants to be!

I love it and so does my daughter.

Disney MOVIE

Author: Nicole Kent (nikkireadpurple@yahoo.com) from MAINE, USA
18 November 2012

This movie is about a little girl who moves into a castle with her mother and becomes a princess. Her name is Sophia. She has to put up with a step brother and step sister who play tricks on her. Sophia gets a necklace from the king which has magic powers. I watched this movie with my 4 yr old son. We loved it. We can't wait til January 2013 for the new series to start. So we can watch it weekly. It was very entertaining and funny. It was so good that it kept us waiting and watching to see what would happen next. I give it 10 stars. I would recommend it to all who love to watch Disney shows and movies. Has very good morals to teach the children

A Touching Classic

Author: railroadengineer 6000 from United States
12 August 2014

This movie is about a young girl who was once a just someone who lived in a village and one day became a princess. Things have seemed hard for her at first, but she took everything one step at a time. Sometimes, we all feel a little scared in life, but if we just try to only remember to only take things that we must do easy, we will all feel much better. She's also a kind a caring princess who tries to reach out to those who are struggling too. If we love one another, we will always have something good deep down inside of us. This movie will be loved by children and everyone. Many beloved Disney memories are special for us all.

Girl Empowerment

Author: Ry
5 January 2013

Disney is fast becoming the kingdom of female empowerment. Wasn't their a mermaid then fairy series that basically followed the same mode? Now after Disney has bought Star Wars, Pixar, and Tim Burton's franchise, I fear all products will repeat Disney's flavor of movie themes and characters.

I sat through this latest title with my daughter, Sofia etc..., its an entertaining movie for girls in a world of Disney males. Then there was an ad for "Cinderella III, Where she makes her own decisions." Go girl power!

The last time I watched Disney was shortly after they killed off Christopher Robins in their new Winnie the Pooh series.

Trite, disjointed and sickeningly sweet

Author: joesgirljeri from Utah, United States
11 January 2013

Imagine you have a room full of 11-year-old girls and you tell them each they have 15 minutes to write a fantasy princess story and accompanying silly-girl-poem. Now shuffle all of those stories together in no particular order and set the silly-girl-poems to music (hint: it just has to rhyme, not make any sense). Now have a computer vomit up some cheap animation, and you've got Sophia The First.

This movie has it all! Royal prep-academy, evil-ish wizards, flying horses, talking animals (who complain that they only help princesses for food). And don't forget the random appearance of Cinderella to heal the rift between the princess step-sisters which... somehow... breaks the spell over the kingdom... honestly I have no idea.

Whoever made this "movie" is laughing all the way to the bank.

Disney is for girls

Author: (unclegerald2004) from United States
24 December 2012

More and more Disney is becoming the LifeTime Movie network where girls are built up and anything male is reduced to insignificant bumbling fools and incompetent evil doers. Disney is insisting on teaching the younger male generations that they a insignificant and irrelevant.

Ever since the Lion King, when the feminist network protested the celebration of a male lead character, Disney has been overcompensating by making string after string of LifeTimeNetwork-type shows and animation.

I understand that this is a business, so I understand Disney wanting to appease feminist, girl-empowering, women's coalition, women's studies groups because they are the ones who are ready (well financed) to organize a large media protest. All I can do is keep Disney out of my house. Time to use Parental lock on the Disney Channel.