IMDb > The Dead Want Women (2012) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Dead Want Women (V) More at IMDbPro »

hmm, where to start?

Author: cipri_alex
2 May 2012

i had the "privilege" of watching this last night,and boy, how i regret it..my conclusion is simple:on a mental level, u can't do much worse if you're trying to hurt yourself. i don't expect Forrest Gump quality,but common, they should at least make this digestible. not only they had zombies/undead "acting" in this so called movie, but apparently one of them even wrote the script. sure, there is some eye candy here and there,from female nudity, but that just doesn't justify the time you spend watching this.

leave your brain out of the movie theater if u insist watching this-

can't give more than 1/10

Don't expect too much.....

Author: gurubesar from Canada
4 May 2012

First impression you get about a movie is from their title. With the title like this one, you don't put your expectation too high..... or put the level of your expectation at the floor. One other thing which keep me wondering is why do people make this kind of ugly and bad movies ? What do they hope to gain by producing them.

Anyway, let me tell you a little bit about this B grade movie. It is so cheap that in order to show that the house is haunted, they have to use the girls in the movie to tell you that the house is haunted. Why ? Because it does not look haunted at all, the furniture, the wall, the whole house is squeaky clean for an unoccupied house of 80 years.... and of course it is located in the centre of the Hollywood....

I am not quite sure whether this is a zombie movie or ghost movie. In the zombie, you can normally killed them or blow them to pieces, but the zombie in this one can not be killed and they appear out of the greenish smoke and has some supernatural power to kill other ghost as well. Now, the zombie should have an ugly face and in this instance an overcooked pancake slapped on the face will do the trick....

Let's face it, on the B movie you normally get to see some boobs, but not on this one. You get to see the boobs of ghost-girls (which I think the director forgot to put the make up or does not want to waste make up on these ghost-girls) which was shown on the scene just for the sake of nudity....

Full Moon Sinks Even Lower?

Author: gavin6942 from United States
4 June 2012

Beginning at a stylish mansion in the roaring 1920s, a socialite, flappers, and the men who "love" them come to their ultimate demise. These ghosts continue to haunt the mansion throughout the decades. Now they have come back to haunt and chase after a new generation of beautiful girls.

One has to wonder how Full Moon can sink this low. I cannot say they were ever an amazing company, but they had a certain level of quality. Those years are long gone, and each new film seems to get worse and worse, with less of a plot and a more boring presentation. This film is slightly over an hour, but could have been 35 minutes if the entire thing was not done in slow-motion. And to say there was a plot might be giving it too much credit.

What can be said about Eric Roberts? Once upon a time, he had two Golden Globe nominations and an Academy Award nomination. Those years are long gone. Roberts stooped to the level of being in SyFy movies... which, hey, sometimes you have to do. But Full Moon? Wow, Eric... you have a terrible hackneyed accent and spent most of your time on screen groping naked women. I can see why you liked the script, but this must be rock bottom for you. You are now a worse actor than your sister Julia... and how do you explain this to your daughter, Emma? She is already the best actor in the family...

Charles Band, stick to producing. Your writing and directing days are over.

Not scary, not funny, a total waste of time

Author: sscholl95 from Toronto
13 June 2012

As someone who actually likes "so bad they're good" B grade horror flicks, I thought that a movie titled "The Dead want women" would definitely fall into this category. I was disappointed that it fails both as a "horror" movie and as a "so bad it's good" B comedy. From what I can see, the director seemed to want to make an authentic scary horror movie. Unfortunately, neither the script nor the limited acting skills of the cast allow for a serious movie. OTOH, the film contains none of the campiness or self-referential parody of a fun "B" flick. Even the makeup effects on the "undead" are simply unbelievable and quite cheesy looking.

The only things saving this movie from a "1/10" rating is the lighting, the very pretty eye-candy (especially former soap opera star Jessica Morris who is gorgeous) and a not bad soundtrack. Unfortunately, this wasn't enough to keep my interest. Avoid.

Full Moon Pictures Soft Core

Author: JoeB131 from United States
27 May 2012

The plot is that back in the 1920's, a silent film star has wild parties in her basement with actors who are bad clichés of 1920's film characters. When she discovers her film career is over, she kills her friends and herself. It takes about 20 minutes of the film to establish all of this.

So flash forward to the present day, where amazingly, this house has sat vacant for 80 years, with all furnishings intact. And two hot babe Realtors are cleaning it up because a customer is about to visit, because apparently, they couldn't afford to pay a cleaning service.

The ghosts are kind of interesting. They have a character called "Tubby Fitzgerald" who comes off like a bad impersonation of Curly Howard, even though he was sort of based on Fatty Arbuckle. I think the writer spent six minutes thinking of a name for this character.

Not half as sad as Eric Roberts... But damn, every time I seem to encounter poor Eric writing a review, the poor guy is somehow losing a wrestling match with dignity. he stands out here in being able to act, compared to his co-stars.

Really, a movie set in the 1920's would have been a lot more interesting than the one they made.

The Dead Want Women... and I want my money back!

Author: Paul Magne Haakonsen from Denmark
4 August 2012

OK, given the title of the movie, you know you are in for something cheesy, but this movie was even worse than I had anticipated it to be.

The story in "The Dead Want Women" starts out at a party in Hollywood in 1927, where silent movie starlet Rose Pettigrew comes to learn that her movie contract is terminated as the new movies with audio is knocking over the silent movies. Enraged and crazy, she kills her entourage and then herself. Fast forward to the present day, two brokers are selling the house of the former silent movie queen, a house that has been untouched for over 80 years. But legend has it that the house is haunted by Rose Pettigrew, and the hours wear long as the two brokers wait for the mystery buyer to show up...

The story itself wasn't actually too bad, there were some nice enough moments to it and some interesting ideas, but there was just something about it that made it not work out at all. Perhaps it was the fact that the house wasn't in any state of decay or ruin, even though it had stood untouched for 80 years. Or perhaps it was the stupid make-up on the living dead. Why is it that in low budget, or B-movies, like this, that only the face of the undead is shriveled up and decayed, but the neck, the ears, the arms and legs, or even the eyes are not? They hadn't even bothered to spend a couple of dollars on contact lenses for the undead. It is so lame and so bad to see that a face is rotting, but come the neck, it is very much vigorous, healthy and as smooth as a baby's bottom.

I don't understand how these type of movies still make it in today's world, it was just so very 1980's. I even know that when you do undead make-up, do all parts of skin that is showing, not just the face. And as for this movie being a horror movie, well I would say that is something of an overstatement. There was nothing scary about this movie at all, aside from the horrible make-up (or lack thereof).

As for the people cast for the roles, well I must say that I thought that only Jessica Morris (playing Reese) and Ariana Madix (playing Danni) as the two brokers were the ones carrying the weight of the movie and had the most memorable performances acting-wise. Not even a pseudo-celebrity like Eric Roberts (playing Sonny Barnes) managed to impress in any way here.

And true enough to the stereotypical low budget horror genre, then "The Dead Want Women" had an abundance of pointless nudity and sexual scenes, which really did nothing for the movie except bring it down to a sleazier level than it already was.

I am sure that there is an audience out there somewhere for this particular movie, I just am not part of that audience. And as a zombie aficionado, I will pass on one word of advice to other zombie fans, don't bother with this movie.

Full Moon fans merely want a watchable movie again (hint: this isn't it)

Author: movieman_kev from United States
14 July 2012

In the late 1920's, a group of people celebrating a movie premiere at a mansion all die after a silent film actress can't handle that her career is over due to the advent of the talkies. They've been haunting the place ever since. Now two real estate agents cleaning it up before the new owner arrives, fall prey to the dead who want them for some god knows reason.

This movie is utterly awful, which isn't at all surprising as the new millennium has not been kind to either Full Moon or Charles Band in particular. Gone are the days of great B-movie entertainment from them, movies like puppet master, dollman and even subspecies, have been replaced by quick cash-in unwatchable trash like Zombies vs Strippers, Killer Eye, and this putrid little number. I spent most of the scant runtime merely feeling sorry for Eric Roberts.

Eye Candy: Misty Anderson and Jeannie Marie Sullivan get fully nude

Very boring but I have Seen much worse!

Author: atinder from United Kingdom
2 May 2013

There first half of the movie is the back story of Lady who seem to being having a party.

I then find out she been rejected and that to kill everyone shoot everyone in that room with a gun.

There was some nudity scenes in first half of hour of the movie not much in the second half of the movie.

The start of movie was based 1920's and Decades after, 2 Girl who planing the selling this house.

Get caught up then those Dead Men from past come back to haunt them,

I thought the make up effect were not too bad,they could have them bit more scary there they were.

The acting not that bad, I was expected very bad acting, it not un- watchable.

The movie was very boring thought, I was again drifting away from time to time, while watching this movie.

3 out of 10

Still entertaining enough for Full Moon's die-hard fans...

Author: Samantha Newell from United States
25 June 2012

Although it may not be Full Moon Features best, I do find there to be a interesting plot to the whole mix. Keep in mind people that it is a B movie, so what do you really expect, Academy Award nominations? Yes, I do believe the film was rather short, and some scenes did not need to be so long. But it is entertaining to see Eric Roberts just not give a crap about his acting in this movie, as if he is above all others.

If you like B movies, nudity, weird story plots, and Eric Roberts, then this is a must see.

Full Moon Features is known for their outrageous, low budget movies, I don't think they are going down the drain, I just think this wasn't one of their best. I am still a die-hard fan, and I don't completely discredit this movie. Just have a few beers, relax, and enjoy.