IMDb > Crisis Point (2012) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Crisis Point (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Entertaining. One of the better TV Movies.

Author: yeltzmanmatt from Birmingham, England
3 August 2014

Crisis Point follows a hostage negotiator who finds it hard to get back to work after a botched job in which someone dies. She then finds herself in a situation where she must return to work to help save a family member.

The opening scene is well executed and grabs your attention. Although plagued by an irritating musical score the film moves along at a brisk pace. The hostage scenes are tense and well done. Sure there are a few plot contrivances and I'm not sure how realistic the negotiation scenes are but this is a film and not a documentary, so I wasn't too bothered about that aspect. It's all fairly predictable stuff but most importantly it is an enjoyable film and better than some much higher budget hostage films I've seen.

Rhona Mitra is a decent actress and does a very good in the lead role here. The rest of the cast also do a decent job especially Elias Toufexis who is good as the main hostage taker.

If you don't expect too much then this in an entertaining film. One of the better TV movies you will see.