IMDb > Tangled Ever After (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Tangled Ever After More at IMDbPro »

Lightning Strikes Twice

Author: Steve Booth from United States
15 January 2012

When Nathan Greno and Byron Howard (With the help of a cadre of Disney's finest) created the original Tangled, it was spectacular. I gave it a 10/10. Well, they've done it again. Pascal and Maximus all but stole the original film, and in 'Ever After' they are given a reprise that will satisfy every one of the 'sidekick-lovers' out there (myself included).

Clay Kaytis has called 'Ever After' zany. It is that, but more to the point, it's hilarious. You don't get go laugh out loud very often in the theater, and the fact that it takes less than ten minutes for Ever After to get you there is quite a statement. The 3D is (with one minor exception) not abused, as was the case in the first film, but rather totally immersive. I personally wanted more of Rapunzel and Flynn, but only for about thirty seconds. After that, it's Flynn's escape from the castle on steroids, plus Pascal for spice, and with a few scenes from Ratatouille thrown in. A feast fit for kings and queens of all ages.

Note to Disney: Lightning in a bottle is rare. Tangled it the hottest property you have. MAKE A SEQUEL!

Why are you still reading this and not drawing? GO!

Oh.. and to Nathan and Byron... Once could be a fluke. Twice is genius. Congratulations; Walt would be proud.

Hilarious!

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
28 January 2012

Tangled for me was the best Disney film in a long time, so I knew I wanted to see Tangled Ever After. And I loved it just as much as Tangled. It is beautifully animated, the sceneries are not as stunning as those of Tangled but they are still beautiful, it all looks very colourful and the characters are very well modelled. The music is suitably jaunty, the writing is delightfully witty with Eugene's dialogue at the start very amusing especially regarding his nose and the sight gags with Pascal and Maximus are hilarious, very couple-of-laughs-a-minute. The story is fast paced, cute and charming surrounding around Rapunzel and Eugene's wedding, and I loved the characters, Rapunzel is adorable and I liked that the Queen had a line to say. But the stars of the show are Eugene whose lines are wonderfully droll with his personality here sticking true to that of Tangled, and Maximus who proves that a character can steal the show without saying a word. Pascal is also very endearing and fun, though I found Maximus funnier. Overall, hilarious, perfect to go with the film. 10/10 Bethany Cox

No Disappointment

Author: utterlybamboozled from United States
14 January 2012

Being a huge Tangled fan, I was really worried about the release of a sequel. I feared it would be cheesy and stupid, but I was pleasantly surprised when I saw Tangled Ever After. I loved it! It was so cute and made me laugh in several parts. Pascal and especially Max were hilarious as they ran around the kingdom trying to catch the wedding rings. If i had one minor complaint, it would be that Eugene made a couple selfish remarks. Since he turned a new leaf I thought he should appear to be kinder? Even though it was for a comedic effect, it bothered me for some reason... Overall this film is cute, funny, and a very satisfying ending to Tangled!

502nd Review: A Fun Chase Short

Author: intelearts from the big screen
3 April 2012

We loved Tangled and this short is six and a half minutes of fun with Maximilian the horse and Pascal the chameleon at the Royal Wedding.

It has the same superb level of graphics, sound, and above all tons of imagination and fun - it's not only laugh-out loud funny, it's full of clever plotting and the kinds of twists and turns that make it not only an instant hit with fans of Tangled but will make those who haven't seen the whole film long to.

This was a lovely surprise and my girls were really thrilled to see it - they just want a full- length sequel as soon as possible to Tangled!

All in all, if you know Tangled then you'll love this - it has that magic mix of romance, enthusiasm, and fun that made the full-length film work so well.

Tangled Ever After was a great way to get laughs before the main feature of Beauty and the Beast

Author: tavm from Baton Rouge, La.
31 January 2012

Before the 3-D version of Beauty and the Beast began, this short sequel to Tangled was shown depicting the wedding of the lead characters. Well, actually before that can happen the rings have to be presented. But before that, there are some vows to be said not to mention the "Dearly beloved..." part. It's during this part that those rings are accidentally dropped by the horse that's holding the pillow with those two pieces of jewelry and it's up to him and the frog that was with him to recover them before the "I dos". So it's during what I previously mentioned that the chase begins...This was very funny from beginning to end what with all the fast-paced gags that abounded. So that's a high recommendation for Tangled Ever After.

An Excellent Short From an Excellent Movie

Author: Munch Kin
6 February 2014

I adored the original movie, and it ranks as one of my top five favorite Disney movie in recent years. I winced a little inside when I first read about this sequel, having seen how horribly Disney tends to handle sequels to beloved classics of old and new. I decided to check it out though since it would only be six minutes of my time, and I'm so glad I did.

The short managed to hold true to the characters from the original movie down to a t, and the graphics are beyond epic for a short cartoon. What I enjoyed most is that it's a great throw-back to the shorts of old, retaining a beginning, middle, and end, yet keeping the slap-stick and jokes enjoyable and just plain fun! The few nay-sayers who reviewed this seemed either too young to remember the old days when the likes of Looney Toons and Hanna-Barbera used to throw in a ripe morsel of entertainment to get us that much more in the mood for the main feature. Either that, or they simply don't grasp the concept of a fun short cartoon built solely for the entertainment value.

If you're one of the many who do remember those times though, or if you know just how to have a good laugh and enjoyed the original film, be sure to catch Tangled Ever After. You won't be disappointed!

A sweet, romantic and amusing short

Author: Stompgal_87 from United Kingdom
7 September 2013

I heard of this short after having read reviews of it right here on IMDb and I spent ages wondering how on Earth I was going to watch it until I looked at the back of my 'Cinderella Diamond Edition' DVD case and saw that the short was included as a bonus feature. I was thrilled about the fact that viewing it was easier than I thought and I enjoyed 'Tangled,' so this film undoubtedly appealed to me, despite Rapunzel having shorter brown hair instead of her long golden locks but it made sense to a certain extent.

This short has several references to 'Tangled' such as the poster designers not getting Eugene's nose right, floating lanterns and Maximus the horse (who was just as funny here as he was in the main film) being hit with frying pans as a nod to Rapunzel hitting Eugene with one. I liked Maximus imagining the kingdom being blown up when he loses the rings as well as Pascal the chameleon's colour changes. Maximus and Pascal's attempts at retrieving the rings were intelligently executed and a right laugh, especially Maximus accidentally dressing in a women's dress, high heels, make-up and a hat only to attract a male horse, Pascal getting his tongue stuck to an ice sculpture and the two of them leaping over the burning chicken to avoid the 'tidal wave' of wine that seemingly extinguishes the fire. I also liked Maximus' shocked expression at the end when Eugene offers Rapunzel and the guests some cake after Maximus unintentionally causes it to roll away.

All in all, this short was well worth watching and it made me laugh a lot on my first viewing. 9/10.

A lot of fun.

Author: planktonrules from Bradenton, Florida
13 July 2012

While this film is hardly groundbreaking since the characters are all recycled, this is an incredibly cute little short. It picks up from the end of "Tangled" where you see that Rapunzel and Eugene are destined to marry and live happily ever after. Here in "Tangled Ever After", it picks up at the wedding where the two are about to be joined. Oddly, they pick their friend, a horse, to be the ring-bearer. Unfortunately, disaster strikes and the rings are lost--and the film shows the horse and his buddy, the chameleon, on a crazed adventure to get those rings! Despite the brevity of the plot, the film gets big kudos for being funny and quite enjoyable throughout. Well worth seeing.

Good Short.I like how there trying to bring these back,

Author: Dillon Harris from Ireland
1 June 2012

Tangled Ever After is a great continue of the movie Tangled,showing us Rapunzul and Flynn Riders wedding.I realised something when I saw this short on before Beauty And The Beast started,there trying to bring short before movies back,and they seem to be doing a good job of it,Disney are doing,Pixar are doing it,there's a series of Toy Story Shorts happening and Matt Groening also announced that they are doing Simpson Shorts,it really gets you ready for the movie.

Flynn Rider and Rapunzels wedding day is going exactly as plan,except for one thing,they should not have put Maximus and Pascal in charge of the rings.

Tangled

Author: Conan Edogawa
20 July 2013

This is the story Tangled Ever After. In this movie, Rapunzel and Eugene get marry! Everybody is blessing. Eugene's horse and Rapunzel's chameleon carry their rings. However flowers are in the horse. He sneezed and the rings go out. They get in patient and follow it. They are in a lot of trouble when they follow it. What will happen to them? Can a marriage ceremony be finished safely?

I really like movie of Tangled. I saw it in a theater. I remember that how I was excited by this movie. Therefore I saw it again and again by DVD. When I found this Tangled Ever After, I was so happy. Tangled is interesting usual. I like the animals of this story. They have really nice humor. The people are also. There are a lot of scenes I can laugh and be happy.

Please watch this story after you see the movie of Tangled. You will have fun time!