IMDb > ThanksKilling 3 (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

ThanksKilling 3 More at IMDbPro »

A Masterpiece of the Genre

Author: David Gaskill from North Kingstown, RI
15 November 2012

Bisexual puppet toilet humor. Blood. Guts. Horror.

I know, I had you at "Bisexual puppet toilet humor".

Let's be honest here- this movie is not for everyone. But if you are a fan of the original ThanksKilling, and like raunchy humor and gore, then do I have a movie for you! After raising over $100,000 in a Kickstarter campaign- and the increased budget shows well- the creators of ThanksKilling 3 didn't skimp on the cheese- as well as the bizarre.

I won't offer spoilers, but the all you need to know is that the killer turkey- "Turkie"- is back, and he's looking for revenge on those who dare to destroy all but one copy of "ThanksKilling 2" (because it was so truly awful), and there is a ridiculous assortment of humans and puppets along for the ride. I laughed, I cried, I peed my pants, and then I cried a little more. I was entertained- and isn't that what it's all about? One final note- This is a rare case where the film is much better than the book.

Different? No, just plain rubbish

Author: Cyclone_Chyno from Glasgow, Scotland
6 March 2016

Honestly if there was a way to give this film a zero I would

I really enjoyed the first one because of its silly plot and they went all out with the premise.....this film just feels like they went up their own ass and man if I was one of the people who donated to the fundraiser I'd have been POed

They spend most of the film focusing on a stupid puppet who has lost its mind....literally that's all the exposition given at the start on the film. Then there's a space worm who was Turkie's costar in the fake 2nd film and a whole bunch of stupid characters which along with the lame script, lame trippy music videos for some reason and lame jokes makes for the longest 99 mins I've had in a long time

To quote Homer Simpson, "I've seen plays more entertaining than this.....honest to god plays!"

I can't put into words accurately how much I f****** hate this film

Almost Too Original for its Own Good

Author: gavin6942 from United States
22 November 2015

Fowl-mouthed villain Turkie carves through the likes of a rapping grandma, a mindless puppet, a wig-wearing inventor, a bisexual space worm, and their equally ridiculous friends on his quest to recover the last copy of "ThanksKilling 2".

I had seen "ThanksKilling" a number of times and consider it a minor cult classic in its own right. So it was time to give the sequel a spin. And, wow, what a strange one. There is a much improved budget, better acting, and far more strangeness. This is more like "Wonder Showzen" or "Meet the Feebles" than it was a sequel.

Which is its blessing and its curse. I think it is an incredibly original and talented film, but it may turn off people who expected more of the first film. Also, as others have noted, the plot is rather convoluted, with the first 15 or 20 minutes (maybe more) introducing us to a variety of characters who seem to have nothing in common.

T3: A Neon Turkey

Author: FightOwensFight from Miami Beach, Florida
14 January 2015

If you go into Thankskilling 3 expecting anything like what you got out of the first film you will be incredibly disappointed, maybe even confused. Of course Turkie, the antagonist from the first film, returns to spread as much horror, gore & death as would be expected, but this time the world in which his terror transpires is a much more foreign place. To T3's credit, the world it paints is extremely original... Filled with colorful sets, clever lighting, pulse pounding beats and creative characters and puppets that even Jim Henson would most likely give nod to. Unfortunately those aforementioned pluses are the only things T3 has going for it this time around.

The plot is simple. The blood thirsty, mayhem starved Turkie receives news that the original sequel to his first film, Thankskilling 2, is being pulled and ultimately destroyed. Determined to not let his life's work disappear forever, Turkie grabs his son and sets out to find the last remaining copy. Immediately the film jumps off the rails, introducing character after character, each carefully imagined and constructed but none that add any real substance to the story. Random and potty humor is thrown against the wall like rapid fire and very little of sticks at all. It very quickly becomes extremely exhausting to be the viewer, very similar to keeping up with a toddler. This makes what bright points the film does have almost impossible to truly enjoy.

Director Jordan Downey obviously has some talent... What he needs is an editor. T3 is ultimately a mess. The audience this film will find will certainly be significantly smaller than it's predecessor. I'm also willing to bet that the age of that audience will drop as well

"Good artists copy, Great artists shock"

Author: hellnok8
27 October 2013

The entire conception of this film is to shock and awe audiences. It's popularized because of its differentiation from other films and actors. It gives example that a film doesn't have to have good actors, or certain Hollywood aspects to be liked whatsoever. It gives way to a new audience that is tired of the same old crap that is fed to them so many times from cliché action movies or generation-only comedy. The movie puts no restraints on its own stupidity and launches it high into the air; allowing for it to go over the bush, instead of beating around it.

It's understandable to see many people respond generically "This movie is horrible, etc.", but it is that exact feature of the movie itself that garnishes entertainment to certain audiences. This piece may not be appreciated by everyone, but just like Picasso, it aims towards a different crowd of people. The truth is that this movie is ridiculous beyond all belief, but it is contrary when it comes to the humorous aspect of it. Criticism towards this movie from quote-on-quote "professionals" is nothing more than a joke to me, because the movie itself is a gigantic stain of sarcasm. If the critics really believe the movie was made bad out of natural ability, then they must be very dim- witted.

A Weird Sequel to a Cult Classic!!!

Author: Pumpkin_Man from United States
27 November 2012

I was one of the people who helped finance this movie at Kickstarter because I love the original ThanksKilling. It's a cheesy horror comedy slasher spoof about a killer turkey. It was low budget and simple, that's what was so great about it. I heard they were doing a sequel, so I was stoked and wanted to help. Throughout this year, they've given us hints and clues as to what the sequel would be about. As hinted at the end of the original, it was gonna take place in space. I figured it'd be like Leprechaun 4 or Jason X and have Turkie killing people on a space station. This movie was FAR from that.

They purposely skipped that sequel, and went right to this. I've watched this three times so far, and still can't tell what I think of it. There is so much going on. The first time I watched it, I was very disappointed. Filled with random jokes, new puppets, crazy acid trip music videos, and a little bit of Turkie. Turkie needed a lot more screen-time, but it's mostly about Yomi, a yellow puppet who has lost her mind, and Uncle Donny, a human that invents the PluckMaster 3000. When all the copies of 'ThanksKilling 2' are destroyed, Turkie sets out to find the last copy and kill any puppet that gets in his way. There are a few funny jokes. The sets are cool, like Turkey Hell. The music is pretty awesome, but other than that, nowhere near as awesome as the original. If you love the original, you might like THANKSKILLING 3!!!

Lame-o Meet the Feebles wannabe

Author: Leofwine_draca from United Kingdom
2 March 2017

THANKSKILLING 3 is actually the second film in the franchise, a direct follow-on to THANKSKILLING. The second film is referenced but was never actually made. I haven't seen the original, nor have I any wish to having watched this. It's a lame puppet comedy that openly copies Peter Jackson's MEET THE FEEBLES but isn't anywhere near as interesting.

The story is about an evil turkey creature hunting for a lost video tape. There are lots of weird alien characters all the way through, along with tons of bad taste humour that just isn't appealing at all. The special effects are amateurish to say the lead but you get the impression that the guys shooting this thought it was hilarious. They were wrong. It isn't.

Turkey-vision

Author: PinkPanther1977
8 December 2016

Weirdest movie ever...bad in a very bad way. In other words, a huge crap sandwich with weird puppets. Nothing like the first Thankskilling.

The movie starts out with a astronaut in a space suit in space with her breast exposed...then a puppet turkey in a spaceship shoots lasers at her and she is blown in half. From there the movie cuts to a Fraggle Rock reject puppet who has lost her mind, but when you watch her lose her mind it looks like her uterus is floating away.

Lost yet? Well from there the movie cuts to the killer puppet turkey with his wife and son celebrating his birthday. The turkey looses his turkey mind and snaps when it is revealed that "Thankskilling 2 the only film shot in space is shelved" according to the news the turkey is watching. He then kills his turkey wife and flies away with his son in a phallic plane. Then for some odd reason the movie cuts to a white guy in a George Washington wig called Uncle something ( I don't remember his name but he sells turkey slicers via TV infomercials). The uncle talks to the Fraggle Rock puppet about her lost mind and promises her to play the only remaining copy of "Thankskilling 2" to cheer her up. From there the killer turkey shows up because he wants the last copy. It was at this point, one hour in that I shut the movie off.

I typically like campy horror movies, but this was horrible. Don't even waste your time with this one, first movie I had to turn off before finishing. I wasted 10 minutes of my time typing this review so you will not waste an hour of you life like I did on this piece of crap. There are no drugs in the world to make this movie cool.

No, thank you. I don't want reheated turkey. You can throw this movie, into the trash!

Author: ironhorse_iv from United States
25 November 2016

For an exploitation film, while, the film does somewhat work, since it does have nudity, gore, and drug-use; it just wasn't used anything near as clever as others films, I know that has a similar premise. While, 'ThanksKilling 3' premise isn't the film meant to be taken serious; this intentional bad Thanksgiving LSD trip of a horror movie is one film, you will not be giving thanks for. It's nearly unwatchable. What does scenes of dubstep robots, talking raunchy worms, rapping ugly grandma, and men wearing colonial wigs have to do with Thanksgiving!? It's just a bunch of distorted fast cutting mess of movie of random themes. It doesn't even make any sense. Directed and written by once again, Jordan Downey, 'Thankskilling 3' takes place in a fictional meta-universe where 'ThanksKilling 2' was made, but never released. Deemed the worst film in history by its producers, the studio orders all the products related to the make-up sequel burned in a giant fire heap, except one copy of the DVD that seem to be found, years later. Knowing this, Turkie (Voiced by Jordan Downey) seek the last copy, in an attempt to release the movie to the public, in order to get the audience to die a horrible death. The only thing, stopping him, is a group of disturbing puppets and an inventor named Uncle Donny (Daniel Usaj) who want to kill Turkie, once and for all. Without spoiling the movie, too much, I get the sense that they were going somewhere new, with the adult-version of the meta Muppets-like humor, however, a cast composed primarily of puppets acting like pricks, just doesn't work, if the marionettes look like it was taken out of Jim Henson's garbage. They were so ugly-looking that they were unwatchable. What a waste for the money, they spent for them. Also, what made the first movie, worth seeing was the sheer ridiculousness of a murderous fake-looking turkey killing real-life people. That was the entertaining part. Seeing a bunch of badly made, bogus puppets attack each other, isn't as fun as it should be, because they didn't put any heart into making this film. Since, these producers knew that they were producing crap, they really didn't give two f*** about making anything seem, somewhat real. It's really hard to laugh at, somebody intentionally being lazy and poorly on purpose, compare to somebody who took his work, a little more serious. After all, its ruins the fun in finding unintentional humor in a film's poor dialogue and production. So how in the hell, did they screw up, a silly insane premise about a killer turkey, so much to the point that it's unfunny!? Well, it doesn't help that, the film doesn't have any focus, as it never truly establish any of the recurring and new characters that well. So, it's really hard to laugh at the unknown. Still, I have to say, the characters in this film, were a lot more enjoyable than the ones in the first movie, even if they had inconsistencies character details. Second off, there were way too many continuity errors that was really jarring. None of the scenes really flown rights. I hate how subplots are establish, then casually dismissed and never revisited during the rest of the film. There are several trippy scenes that don't amount up to anything in the "plot". It made the film seem so uncompleted. So, it was a bit more confusing than funny. Third off, the shock value offensive & vulgar humor was not new. Its old recycle jokes, we heard of, a billion times, before. It's really repetitive. Because of this, it made this over the top film, more annoying and tiresome than funny. They really failed to create a satirical spoof of the holiday horror genre like 1984's 'Gremlins'. They even flop in the ill-advised food relation horror films genre, as well. It makes films like 1978's 'Attack of the Killer Tomatoes!' seem like masterpieces. Because of this, I feel sorry, for all those people that contributed money to the Kickstarter campaign for this film to be made, hoping for a better movie. Over $100,000 was wasted here. Overall: The only reason to watch this film, is that the film tries to totally exploits the ridiculous gimmick premise that horror films somewhat employ, just to make a buck. Still, that reason alone, doesn't make the film any good. Even with my rock-bottom expectations; this movie was still pretty bad. Honestly, if you couldn't stomach, the first movie, the first time around, you better believe a second helping will make you want to vomit for sure. I highly can't recommended.

f**k loud music, this should be played in Guantanamo

Author: husseinalkasake
12 November 2016

Utter garbage is an understatement. Sets a new standard for tastelessness. Ugly unfunny puppet nightmare. The only possible argument for it is that it's made from the ground up to be a bad and nonsensical movie but that doesn't change the fact that IT IS ONE. I've never felt so ashamed of watching a film. You've never seen anything like it, so I guess it's technically "original". But it's so tasteless and awful I'd rather take a lifetime of superhero and jump scare fest films that go through this monstrosity again. Nothing but crudeness for the sake of being crude. Ugly, disgusting, dumb, unfunny, tasteless, garbage, KILL ME!!

ZERO/10!!