IMDb > A Very Gaga Thanksgiving (2011) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

A Very Gaga Thanksgiving (TV) More at IMDbPro »

A Very Gaga Thanksgiving was a very entertaining and informative special

Author: tavm from Baton Rouge, La.
30 November 2011

I wasn't originally going to DVR and watch this Thanksgiving special from ABC but my mom wanted to see it. It was quite spellbinding the entire time especially when she went to her jazz roots whether dueting with Tony Bennett on "The Lady is a Tramp" or going solo on "White Christmas" and another song I recognized but just forgot the title. She also sang some of her hits one of which she dedicated to her late grandfather. When Katie Couric stopped by to interview her, Ms. Gaga went further in telling about him. All in all, this was quite an entertaining 90 minutes (or less without ads) that I myself, along with my mom, was quite enchanted by. So yes, that's a recommendation.

A side of Lady Gaga I never knew existed

Author: coolcristobal_05 from United States
11 December 2011

A Very Gaga Thanksgiving really brightened up my night, after having a very boring Thanksgiving. Most people think of Lady Gaga as a wild, weird pop artist like the rest out there, but this little movie that she directed herself showed another side to her. A very talented, elegant, and smart woman that proves all her rumors false. The interview was definitely my favorite part, as she tells everyone of her life as a child, her love life, and even meets an old friend of hers when she attended Catholic school. Overall, it's pretty good, what disappointed me was how much she changed. What used to be fun and wild is now elegant and smart. I hope this won't affect her music. I can recommend this to ANYONE. Not too inappropriate like a typical Gaga music video, in fact the exact opposite.

What's happening to Lady Gaga?

Author: avenuesf from United States
28 November 2011

As a Gaga fan (I've seen her twice in concert... once in a very intimate setting before she was well-known at the Bill Graham auditorium -incredible!-, and then a year later-a HUGE auditorium that made it impossible to see her in any detail and she seemed like she was on her way to becoming a "product"). I can compare this television special to the differences in those concerts. She's definitely a dynamo with an incredible voice, but she's publicly burning herself out with stuff like this, as well as softening her image big-time. As long as she continues to constantly appear on anything they ask her to ("The View?" (twice!),"The X Factor", etc.), I'm already hearing people beginning to say, "Oh God, not her again." The best thing LG could do would be to stay out of the public eye for a few months to a year and then come back with another terrific CD. Even her music videos have become more stale and traditional... what happened to the very original Haus of Gaga stuff like "Paparazzi" and "Telephone?" Was it just for shock value to get her career on the road? Gaga, go back to your original image; it was bold, refreshing and taught me a lot about myself. I hated pop music, got cancer in 2008, started listening to your early stuff and your views on life, and they were the same things I was learning as I went through treatment. I went into remission and realized I needed to do the things I was afraid of in order to grow... now I've been skydiving for four years. Sounds cheesy, but everything you were saying at the beginning of your career was right on... with specials like this one, however, you're becoming the Doris Day of pop. Stay away from t.v., you're too talented to stoop this low. Oh yeah... and can you get me a date with Victor? :-)