IMDb > "Impractical Jokers" (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

4 Friends Bring Non-Stop Laughs

Author: Tyler Mertens from America
16 December 2011

Impractical Jokers premiered last night with two back-to-back episodes, and it had me laughing non-stop for an hour.

The premise is simple: 4 friends compete in hidden camera prank challenges. Whoever loses the most challenges in each episode must face a humiliation concocted by the other 3 guys. While I initially thought this idea would get old fast, seeing it in action had me in tears from laughing.

The boys' chemistry is delightful, and their ability to improvise their way out of embarrassing situations is impressive. The boys never fail to deliver the goods, and the reactions of those around them are just as funny. Great show, can't wait to see more of it.

Amazing show, MUST WATCH

Author: Jon_Omega50 from Canada
10 May 2012

Love the show, I haven't been able to find it on TV in Canada, i have been watching it online...

I love anything and everything comedy. Some of my favourite shows are Curb your Enthusiasm, The League, Big Bang Theory and Tosh.0, the list really does go on. But I must say this show hands down takes the cake.

I have never laughed as hard at something as I do watching this show.

My friend actually had to leave my house after watching a couple of episodes of this show in a row because his abs were hurting him so hard.

I would most certainly recommend this to anybody, my mom is pretty uptight when it comes to foul language in any form as well as dirty humour. Although this show is packed with it (dirty humour that is) she loves this show more then all of us.

I can't imagine this show is on the cutting block, but if it is DON'T DO IT!

I have been watching this show for 2 weeks now and have seen each episode twice, I can't stop getting people into it.

All I can say is this show is a must watch!

Awesome show

Author: Lisa Habig from United States
29 April 2012

I think this show is hilarious!! I have never laughed as hard in my whole life as when I watch this show. Murr is definitely my favorite; he has the most infectious smile I've ever seen..he's just adorable. All 4 of these guys are very talented and what I enjoy most is the fact that their reactions are so genuine and don't seem scripted and fake as so many other shows do. The looks on people's faces are positively priceless!! Sal's reactions are perfect and he seems like someone who is very well-mannered and doesn't want to say or do anything to offend anyone; particularly if it's a pretty girl he's trying to pull one over on. This is a show I will continue to watch as long as it's on the air and my family and friends are big fans of it as well. Keep up the good work guys!!

The Funniest New Show in Years

Author: Gadare from VA
16 December 2012

This show is a hilarious combination of real life pranks/dares filmed and prompted by 4 friends with a wonderful sense of humor and camaraderie.

If you ever had a friend that you liked to prank (and who would lay in wait to get even) then you can identify and laugh with these 4 who take the greatest delight in making each other do ridiculous gags on the public. However, it's the stars of the show that get the humiliation rather than the unsuspecting victims a la "Candid Camera".

So, if you want to watch a goofy, goodspirited half hour of belly laughs, check out "Impractical Jokers". It's a winner!

Great Show

Author: Nick Pierre from United States
20 April 2012

Keep it up guys, you'll be famous in no time! This show is so raw and entertaining. My wife even likes it.Sal is definitely my favorite because he is always losing and is genuinely trying to be a nice guy in his delivery. Q is also very good, too good if you ask me, almost "creepily" good. The other two are also funny because Joe looks like Steve Carrel in some of his facial expressions and mannerisms. Murr looks like a thin pervert version of George Costanza and is funny as hell when hes trying not to laugh. The chemistry between the group is awesome and the delivery of the material is always creative. Its like jackass but a cleaner more watchable version. The only thing that i wish they would add is the participant's reaction when they find out its a prank. Not everyone but just one or two peoples reaction at the end of the show. Other than that, it keeps me tearing up. Thanks TRUtv for my new favorite show.

Entertaining as hell

Author: Robbie Stokes from United States
22 March 2012

I'm not usually one to fall for a simple laugh. But these four friends remind me so much of the guys I hang out with, I can't get enough. Off the wall, who can make who do the most zany public display of insanity. It cracks me up. These four guys, who really have been friends since grade school it turns out, challenge each other each week to see who is willing to do the most crazy embarrassing thing in public. Usually one of them has an earpiece while the other three friends are feeding them instructions. If the friend with the earpiece doesn't do what they tell him to, he loses that round. At the end of the show, whoever has the most losses, has to do something EXTREMELY embarrassing. I watched the 'best of' where they actually interviewed these guys and that's when I became a real fan, because it started out just the four of them doing this without a camera. Glad they started filming, because it's really funny.

Absolutely Hilarious

Author: bricebender from United States
22 April 2012

I generally hate most of the things on truTV, I'm pretty sure that the majority of the population does but this show is different. It isn't like anything I've ever seen because although it has some "Jackass" aspects to it and some reality TV aspects to it, it is an entirely different show that never gets old. It's what you wish you could be doing with you're buddies rather than going to work, just messing with ordinary people and seeing how far you can take a joke with someone who doesn't know what is going on. It's hilarious and it only takes 15 minutes to get hooked for life. I turned on reruns of this show one day in a fraternity house and within 30 minutes the entire 30 person house was watching and laughing, that is how good this is, everybody who gives it a chance will love it, I guarantee it.

Funniest show on TV

Author: shadw24
27 December 2012

If I could give this show more than ten stars I would. I have watched this show from the very first episode and have laughed from beginning to end in every one of them. It is the funniest show I have seen in years. The cast is very likable and pull some great pranks on the people around them. They actually had a meet and greet with their fans in New York City last year. The fans were waiting in lines the stretched out the doors to meet the guys. They shook everyone of their fans hands and took pictures with everyone that came out to meet them. A great show and great group of guys. I have recommended this show to all my friends. Hope this stays on the television for years to come.

Outrageously Funny

Author: Emeline Swanson from New York
16 September 2013

I don't know how anyone cannot laugh along with these guys. I always feel like I'm in on the joke. They all have such awesome personalities and it's so funny to see them interact with the public. The reactions are always amusing.

The impromptu style beats anything rehearsed. Pure, natural comedy! Plus it gets me through my workouts. Sometimes I can't help but pause and watch intensely, only to collapse on the floor in laughter. This show is much more fun than your typical sit-com. So glad I came across it.

If you have a sense of humor, you will like this show.

Impractical Jokers: Undoubtedly the Best Show Currently on TruTV

Author: tylersportsguy from Memphis
1 February 2013

I just started watching this show, and I'll share a little tidbit of how I began to watch Impractical Jokers. When I was watching TruTV, advertisements kept on coming up for this show, and I thought that it looked completely stupid and idiotic. So, one night, I turned it on to see how stupid it was and low and behold, I actually began to like it. I hadn't even watched it for two minutes before I began to chuckle and it stayed that way for the duration of the show. Impractical Jokers is absolutely hilarious! What makes it even more funny is that it seems to be legitimate. With TruTV's programming, most, if not all, of it is fake. Shows like Operation Repo, Hardcore Pawn, Storage Hunters, Lizard Lick Towing, South Beach Tow, etc. all seem to be scripted. Impractical Jokers doesn't have that feel to it, as everything seems genuine -- the pranks, the laughs between the four guys, and everything else. That's what is perhaps the best thing about the show because it's on a channel that airs predominantly scripted shows. Many people seem to think that Impractical Jokers is a reality TV show, but that's definitely not the case. As I said earlier, I thought the show was idiotic at first, but then I began to watch more and more and I have now seen nearly every single episode of theirs.

Another thing that is great about the show is that all four of the guys -- Joe, Murr, Q and Sal -- are very likable. Joe is the guy that never appears to be scared -- on certain pranks that have the three others tell Joe what to say, Joe says it nearly every single time, no matter how embarrassing, awkward, mean or crude it is. Sal, who is perhaps my favorite on the show, seems to be a very genuine guy who doesn't want to make anyone mad and most of the time, loses when the three tell him what to say. Murray, or "Murr" for short, is the part of the group that everyone jokes with -- i.e. calling him names, making fun of his looks, getting him to the more embarrassing things, etc. If it weren't for Murr, this show would be a lot less funny. Q... I really don't know about him (haha). He rarely loses and like Joe, is rarely scared.

DEFINITELY check out this show if you haven't already. Impractical Jokers isn't a show like Jackass, as they primarily had very crude stuff on their show. IJ has primarily fun pranks that is sure to get the people around them to laugh hysterically. It's definitely a barrel of laughs and shows a great amount of camaraderie between the four pranksters.

I would love to see Impractical Jokers come out on DVD in the future because there's no question that I would buy the first season or two as soon as it hits the shelves. There's also no doubt in my mind that this is unquestionably the best show on TruTV's network right now. When perusing through the user reviews, completely disregard the negative comments toward this show -- I was once one of those guys, but I'm definitely not like that now. This show is hilarious, check it out!

Be sure to look out for new episodes of Impractical Jokers -- they come on Thursday night. You won't regret it!

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]