IMDb > Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas (2011) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas

Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas (TV) More at IMDbPro »

A new spin on Christmas traditions

Author: Gordon-11 from Earth
1 December 2011

This short animation is about a young mammoth going to the North Pole to search for Santa Claus because she wants to prove to her father that Santa Claus exists.

Just as you think all tales about Christmas have been told, "Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas" comes up with yet another idea regarding the festive season. The animation is fun and entertaining. The characters are cute as usual, and they are up to much merry, harmless mischiefs. The atmosphere of the animation is warm, positive and has a strong family theme. The ideas about how Christmas traditions come about in the Ice Age world is fun as well, making it a great film for children.

Wonderful Modern Family Holiday Viewing!!

Author: redd0531-232-883930 from United States
7 December 2011

I'm basically older than rust - and my idea of holiday 'specials' is limited to the classics: 'Rudolph', 'Charlie Brown'... those modern cartoons that came out in the 80's were beyond lame, so I was somewhat suspicious of this when I first came across it.

Now that I've watched it twice (and will probably watch it again soon), I have to say, WELL DONE!! Modern, familiar characters - portrayed in true-to-character form - and presented in a short, family friendly format. HOORAY!! Family entertainment, happy ending - and lots of laughs for adults too!

So, added to my once yearly viewing with the aforementioned will be Scrat in his eternal hunt for the ultimate acorn.... and all the other 'Ice Age' alumni!

Festive fun with the Ice Age characters...

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
18 March 2012

I enjoyed the first two movies, was mixed on the third and liked Scrat's Continental Crack-Up. I was anticipating Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas, and found it did live up to expectations. While short, perhaps a little too short, it is festive and fun, with the animation as great as ever especially in the beautifully detailed backgrounds and the music jaunty and putting you in the mood for the festive season. The writing even with the odd forced moment is mostly witty and funny(with Diego having the best lines), and the story is engaging and heart-warming with a warm atmosphere. I have always liked the characters and they are still entertaining, with Scrat stealing every scene he's in and Peaches is adorable, and the voice acting is solid across the board.

All in all, a lot of fun and perfect for the Christmas season. 8/10 Bethany Cox

Amazing....

Author: pcinpocket from Bangalore, India
23 November 2011

wow..came up with a new idea about Christmas. Flying deer,Santa on north poll..it is all like a dream story. it dragged me into my childhood. movie is just half an hour long. but all the characters are nice and cute. Specially "Peaches", she is cute,daring and spicy like her mother. In the Trailer of Ice Age 4,there is a new idea of "Continental Drift". The same is here. A short movie like this is very enjoyable. i recommend everyone to see this "short" movie, specially when you are in stress.

The end of the movie is just awesome. Overall its a nice movie. And "Welcome Peaches...to the Ice Age"

Fun for the whole family!

Author: atinder from United Kingdom
9 December 2012

When Sid accidentally destroys Manny heirloom Christmas rock and ends up on Santa's naughty list, he leads a hilarious quest to the North Pole to make things right and ends up making things much worse.

Now it's up to Manny and his prehistoric posse to band together and save Christmas for the entire world!

This was really good short movie, there were very nice plot, which was very well written

They also had some very funny moment in this movie, which Jokes that to do work for both Adults and kids will laugh,

The animation was very well made and creative and very fun to watch with the whole family

It's Christmas in Ice Age too

Author: u_raben from Torring, Jutland
7 December 2011

There was both Madagascar and Shrek Christmas episodes, and now Ice Age.

Next year Ice Age is ten years old, as we met Manny, Diego, Scrat and on.

It's just another feel good Christmas story, but better than nothing.

After three Ice Age movies and some shorts, are Manny the mammoth and his friends back.

This time Manny and his friends meets Santa, as Scrat chases his acorn as usual while picking up a spider along the way.

Diego he gets his first song line along the way, and the new character are a smooth reindeer.

Christmas will be saved again, but Scrat keeps on looking for his beloved acorn this coming summer.

Buck from the third movie is not back in this episode, so maybe in next movie.

It's only around 20 minutes, but worth it.

This short is Annie Award nominated, and worth it.