IMDb > The Heart of Christmas (2011) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Heart of Christmas (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Great Movie

Author: bobbyreddin from Morton, MS
14 December 2011

All the actors were great. Extremely liked Austin and his dad and mom. Hope to see them in other movie's! This movie will make you move on the inside with emotions. I am not an emontional person but watching what they all went thru and to see a mom and dad be so strong with the child of a disease the true parents if they are this strong God has to be with them.I hope that this movie will be one that the family looks forward to seeing every Christmas. I also believe that this movie should be viewed at youth detention centers. Maybe it would help the children who think they have a problem realize that they really don't. I pastor a church and have told my members to watch this movie with their children.

Not a Late Night Infomercial!!!!

Author: drthdve from United States
11 December 2012

Hey TravelJunkie23, have a heart and think of someone else that is need this Christmas!! Their are so many kids with cancer that may not have a Christmas this year or next, their are so many families that can not afford the treatment for their child that has cancer, and so many families that have may other needs! Anyone that would not be affected by this movie in some degree doesn't have a heart! I am sorry to that that, but it's true! I am guilty of getting a little selfish sometimes and I need something like this movie to remind that their are so many that need us! As for me, I will think of those that are in need this Christmas! I thought this movie had the perfect message, that it's not about what WE are going to get for Christmas, or if we didn't receive that special thing that we wanted for Christmas! It's about thinking of others that may be in need and helping them! I give this movie a rating of ten and we need more movies like this! Keep them coming!

Giant infomercial

Author: TravelJunkie23
27 November 2012

The whole movie plays out like a giant St. Jude hospital commercial.

While i feel the acting is good and draws the viewer in for an emotional movie experience, it seems like the screenplay was written for just that purpose. The writers create an emotional roller coaster where the only option is to donate money to St. Jude. The movie follows a family's struggle with a terminally ill child, but with frequent references to the St. Jude hospital's staff and general medical care it's hard to get lost in the plot. Next time i'd rather just watch their late night infomercials and skip the movie part of it. Not my ideal movie watching experience.