"Prophets of Science Fiction" Arthur C. Clarke (2011)

« Prev | 4 of 8 Episodes | Next »

Bringing us into the beyond

Author: Grann-Bach (Grann-Bach@jubii.dk) from Denmark
18 November 2013

This documentary consists of expert interviews(with those who he has inspired, those who met him and those who research areas he explored), real footage, computer simulations, film clips and narration. It goes into the things predicted, and the clear inventions aided, by Arthur C. Clarke.

We learn about his commentary and pondering on man's place in the universe, evolution(physical and scientific), the future, were we created by something, alien biology, SETI, going into space via shuttle or "elevator", and A.I. The fruit of his body of work are applications, too numerous to list, and progress, that has shaped the world we live in - and helped bring us closer to what lies outside of that.

It becomes clear that he wants you to think, and that the answers he comes up with for the compelling questions that he(and many others) seek to address, come not from religion, but rather from philosophy and science. We learn about what he was like as a human being, and the tone and approach of his novels.

There is a bit of disturbing content in this. I recommend this to any fan of the author. 8/10