IMDb > "Hawaii Five-0" Ka Iwi Kapu (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Hawaii Five-0" Ka Iwi Kapu (2011)

« Prev | 31 of 148 Episodes | Next »

Danno doesn't give a rat's behind about your Hawaiian spiritual beliefs!

Author: HateYa_NOW from United States
5 September 2015

And I love him for that! While the rest of the idiot cops stupidly await a priest to grant them permission in a blessing to enter an ancient burial site, Danno gets proactive, tramples on both the burial site, Hawaiian beliefs and liberals' sissy feelings! This character is so well-written and well-acted, he is the uncontested star of this show and made this episode a hoot!

Look, I know all about spirituality, I'm the most spiritual person you can ever hope to meet -- I practice my Congo ancestors' most revered Palo Mayombé for crying out loud -- but I'm a big boy, I don't need you to believe like me and your words, actions or beliefs could never affect me or what I chose to believe in. You know what I respect more than spirituality? It's your right to disbelieve and hate whatever you wish in peace. And when I say "your" & "you", please understand that it's a metaphor for "my" "me" and "mine", because I couldn't care less about you -- no offense but I don't know you and even if I did, I probably wouldn't like you cos you're, no doubt, a dumb liberal and I, much like my homie Trump, chew and spit those out before breakfast -- but I am a very polite fellow, hence the polite and metaphorical wording.

But enough about humble me and back to this episode. We have Max in full Neo gear. It's Halloween. And I love nothing more than Halloween, except for Danno and my ultimate God, Keanu. Have you seen The Matrix? Talk about spirituality, it's a very cool movie and a pre-requisite to fully understand this episode. Actually, he loooked and acted more like Morpheus. But my god! If I had to choose between Keanu or Scott Caan, I hope Caan won't mind if I'm 27 minutes late, you understand?

Danno takes his kid trick or treating. Some druggy gives his daughter mini booze bottles and Danno was about to bust his chops, another very hot Caan scene.

I was pretty excited to see Danno get his own place, 2 bedroom at a huge discount cos of the murder that took place there, bossing around the ugly SEAL who carried his mattress up but then dumb writing had him turn tail and ditch the cool pad when he realized he'd talked to a ghost earlier on. Look writers, I don't mean to be rude but I think by now I know Danno much better than you: the hot manly dude would never cower for a ghost he chatted up in broad daylight. Look, I have bizarre paranormal activity at my place -- my ghost brought bizarre stuff in while I slept, then tossed a couple items on the floor while I was awake in the other room -- and yes, I screamed like a girl, but I'll tell you sumfin: no ghost is ever gonna drive me out where I crash and, Danno being evidently modeled after me, neither would he. Cos that's how we, conservative badasses roll. We set the law and I yaint fraid o' no ghosts!

ITN METER: 7*******/10-STARS, all for Caan, none for the ugly one.

Ka Iwi Kapu Goes Kaput **1/2

Author: edwagreen from United States
1 November 2011

Curses, burial sites, body parts, they're all a part of the Halloween madness which unfortunately affected this episode.

Scott Caan really stole this episode. He is looking for a reasonable rental and was trying to get an apartment of a murder victim. He actually was telling the landlord to lower the rent because of this. What a rude awakening he had at the end. I wish he'd try this in New York.

The episode was eerie and spooky in the Halloween tradition. Hawaiian culture was discussed and Danny also showed his utter disdain for all of the island's traditional beliefs. Did they come back to haunt him!

Dumbest One Yet

Author: Bruce Parsons from Old West Texas
9 March 2015

I am really enjoying this series, and I guess every series, even the great ones, have to have a "stinker" somewhere. This is the "Spock's Brain" of "Hawaii Five-0" so far.

I know, I know; it's Halloween, and this was aired on Halloween night. That's no excuse. In addition to really solving nothing, there is no connection to the "back story" that has been building since last season, which was the only reason I sat through all of this dreadful episode instead of turning it off. I thought maybe we might get some crumb of information about McGarrett's dad, Wo Fat, or what Joe White is investigating -- just a few seconds or something.

I'm sorry. There is nothing good to say. This one was just silly, and not deserving of the acclaim this series is getting otherwise.

Avoid it. You will miss nothing.