IMDb > "Awake" Oregon (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

« Prev | 5 of 13 Episodes | Next »

Awake- Oregon

Author: tbmforclasstsar from United States
1 April 2012

Maybe it's a tad weird for me to admit, but I have a strange fascination with serial killers. Don't get me wrong, they legitimately freak me out, but there has always existed in me a morbid curiosity to understand how it is they function, figure out just how their minds work (which, of course, is precisely why I pursued a degree in English rather than Psychology).

It's that very fascination that allowed the case in this week's Awake (an aspect of the show that's never particularly intrigued me) to spark my interest. Britten and Bird, in the Rex reality, are assigned a new case. Although thought to be dead, it seems as though the Gemini Killer has struck again, leaving yet another victim in a park, branded with the Roman numeral two.

Joining the detectives in solving the case is FBI Agent Elizabeth Santoro (Megan Dodds), who is hired for her close and long-time work on the Gemini Killer case. Believing to have shot and killed him herself, Elizabeth doubts the serial killer is the real Gemini, instead suggesting this new criminal is a copycat, as a $2 bill was absent from the crime scene (one of the real killer's signatures).On one of his special hunches, however, Britten returns to the scene and finds a dog that was present when he originally found the victim's body. As it turns out, the dog had eaten the bill, confirming Britten's suspicions that they're dealing with the real Gemini Killer. Elizabeth, however, is not convinced, suggesting this supposedly new killer could have had insider information, and immediately requests the files of any particularly disgruntled law enforcers.

To read the rest of the review, visit: http://custodianfilmcritic.com/awake-1-5-oregon/