IMDb > Seeker & Fetch (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Seeker & Fetch More at IMDbPro »

I'd rather watch animals outside w/my own voice-over...

Author: MMmovieviewer from United States
6 June 2014

This feature is, in short, a miserable and utter failure. While some may like the "wholesome, family friendly" type of cutesy story, I would argue that any of this will be quickly disregarded once you've endured the first 10 minutes. Aside from the really terrible acting, awful voice-over and wonky directing, the story doesn't provide much to keep my attention.

I understand it's meant for tiny children who have not yet grown to appreciate a solid character structure and decent plot, but there are so many little things that would go right over a small child's head, it's essentially pointless to watch it.

Example: The falcon is a vegan. Unless you have raised your child in a household which is vegan, I doubt any 3-4 year old will understand what that means. The voice-over work of the falcon exemplifies stereotypes that the only kind of people who are vegan are tree-hugging/hippie types.

If you have children you think may be interested in viewing this feature, save yourself the time and money and just go to the park or the zoo and make your own silly voices over any animal you see.

Find another Redbox movie

Author: kiko-ochoa
11 July 2012

Wish I could give this zero stars. I had the same experience as one of the other reviewers - our son picked this movie out of a Redbox. I watched five minutes of it and everything about it is horrible. Atrocious acting, bad animal voice-overs, and it looks like it was directed by a six-year old. It's so bad they don't even have the correct dog pictured on the DVD menu page, and the dog (Seeker) is a title character. Whoever approved this movie being made should be fired. That all said, my son (age 2 years and 8 months) likes to watch animals, and likes saying "Seeker and Fetch." But even he lost interest after a little while.

great message

Author: jmkcjones from Arizona
26 May 2012

Bad reviews these days! Ugh! People just don't appreciate good movies, which this one was. Unlike the other reviewer, I watched the whole movie and approved with interest. This movie was sweet and gave good thoughts, so if you're a horror movie person you might not love it. But it may melt your heart just the same. Even I enjoyed it with the rest of the family. This was a wholesome movie with a good plot.

Though it might not be very suitable for all audiences, being a little slow for older kids, but it certainly was a cute movie with a good message.

;D

Don't Bother.

Author: qfaloon from United States
16 April 2012

My five year old picked this movie from out from our local RedBox, as the new releases had all been rented and we either had seen/owned the other movies he was interested in. What a waste of $1.00. The premise is cute, but the acting was HORRIBLE, the scenarios were unrealistic, and the animal voice-overs were annoying. My son lost interest almost immediately, and while I TRIED to give it the benefit of the doubt, and give it some leeway being that it's a kids movie, I tried to watch it out of sheer curiosity, and I couldn't do it. Fifteen minutes in, we turned it off. Who finished this movie and thought "Yep, that's great, let's release it!" They should be fired.

Mostly suitable for young children

Author: compteach from United States
30 July 2012

I agree with the reviews about the acting and annoying voice overs. If you are looking for a movie with a deep plot and character development, this is not your movie. However, if you have young children and want to have a family movie together with a cute storyline, this is perfect. My 13 year old and I endured it, but it was worth the hour and 20 minutes since my 10 and 7 year old children liked it. They got to stay up past bedtime, have snacks, and watch a family-friendly movie. There were definitely a few laughs, albeit silly humor like the main character falling down, or a cat that wouldn't move off of a car, or even a pig with glasses but what's better than hearing your children laugh? Who cares if it's a bit corny? It made for a great family night. To me, that's a win! (I did find it strange that the actors who did the voice overs are not credited. That was the reason I checked IMDb to begin with.)