IMDb > "American Horror Story" Rubber Man (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"American Horror Story: Rubber Man (#1.8)"

"American Horror Story" Rubber Man (2011)

« Prev | 8 of 68 Episodes | Next »

Wow!

Author: yngpsych from Munich Germany
24 November 2011

Don't read unless you've seen it! This is by far the best episode yet. So much is revealed! And any confusion about what transpired before is cleared up. And what a sad and shocking ending. Only criticism is Jessica Lange is not in this episode. She really makes the show. Nevertheless, this is an amazing chapter. This series just keeps getting better and better. Can't wait till next week to see what happens next. Tate is scaring the hell out of me. And I feel so sorry for Viv. Hopefully Moira can help. It's so surprising to see America come up with such a daring original show. Not since Twin Peaks way back when has there been a series that challenges us, surprises, scares, and respects our intelligence.

major plot twist.

Author: mm-39 from Winnipeg
21 March 2014

Vivien is driven crazy because of a conspiracy of ghosts who want to separate Vivien from Ben. All the ghosts are conspiring together in the house is a major plot twist. The ghosts have an evil plan! What the evil house wants with Vivien and Ben remains a mystery. The director is creating a slow burn of terror as each ghost attacks the couple in a different way, and sometimes together. Fear, violence,deceit, and sex are used as weapons. Will Ben be able to figure out the plot before it is too late? The acting is direct and merciless cold which creates a evil, but cold effect at the same time. The Rubber suit is quite disturbing but memorable effect. I give Rubber Man a seven out of ten.

Worst One Yet

Author: artpf from United States
2 January 2014

OK so AHS walls the line across horror, comedy and soft core sex. It's a mess because I don't know what to make of it. In this one we learn who the gimp is.

The gay Spock is back and so we move into an S&M theme. And plenty of gay bashing. Also we learn more about the spirits who walk the house and it's not all that interesting.

The problem with this show is the writing. The characters are so poorly written that they are laughable.

It's a mad house where nothing makes sense at all and you cannot suspend disbelief because it's all so silly. This has to be the worst episode yet.