IMDb > "American Horror Story" Afterbirth (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"American Horror Story: Afterbirth (#1.12)"

"American Horror Story" Afterbirth (2011)

« Prev | 12 of 64 Episodes | Next »

Excellent finale!

Author: Red_Identity from United States
22 December 2011

So it's happened... the finale to American Horror Story's first season. By the time it was over, I was really sad. I am definitely going to miss it. My thoughts...

The finale was excellent. I can see why some people will have problems with it, but I honestly loved how it ended. It did so much things in one single episode, but then again, that is one of the trademarks of this show- it always does so much you can barely pause to think about everything that happened. I love how we had the 'boo' scares from the Harmon family to a new one. It seems that the house is divided- we have the sane, happy ghosts (The Harmons, Moira) then we have the vengeful ghosts full of hate.

What can I say about the ending of the episode? Perfection! Jessica Lange's final monologue is brilliant, and the closing scene of the episode was as well. In a way, we want to see this storyline as well, but I doubt we will. This could easily be seen as a series finale, but now we know how every season of this show will be constructed. I cannot wait for it, and all in all, an excellent finale to an excellent season!

Equally original and terribly scenarized

Author: lampadaire20002 from France
9 April 2015

i don't understand people's reaction to that TV Show : no one seems to notice that in each episode of the first season , there is at least 5 or 6 scripts errors (except that user who reviewed each episode and seems to hate the show at first sight). The show is original and the idea of mixing every horror movie in one single season could be good, but jeez ,even if you demand the audience to respect fantasy and horror movies rules, please Mr Showmen RESPECT those rules. As watching the show i was always thinking "ok, if this one knows this, then he CAN't react like this) I found out why it's so annoying to watch: it's because characters are very poorly drew. If the script have them to act this way , they will, despite who they are ,and despite what they know about this House ,( who would have been abandoned or destroy for decades in real life) , it's not characters who will define the scripts and what happens, it's quite the contrary: that's why you always think: this can't happen. Hiring a house who is on a Tour of Horror without knowing it? Ben never heard about Betty Short? Violet read who is Tate on the web , and doesn't mind dating someone dead? well, there's million of little "oh-look-that-way-and-don't-consider-this" tricks offered by the scenarists all during the show that make us wonder if this is ironic or if they do want us scared or laughing. Too bad because sometime ,some scenes and ideas are really beautiful).

(PS: i REALLY don't get the WHY of the Jessica Lange characters ,what she represents and the scene with a lazy & ery naive LAPD are hilarious)

The Last Straw

Author: artpf from United States
2 January 2014

Episode flashes back to 9 months previously. Then back. Nothing makes sense in this show. I sat through every episode. It's horrible.

This episode brings in new ghosts to the house and a new tenant.

There's nothing believable in this show. You can't suspend disbelief at all.

And the writing really really sucks.

This episode is one big mess. It doesn't really tie up any loose ends and the ending is a burlesque. In truth the ending just keeps going, and going, and going.

It's actually sort of insulting.