IMDb > "American Horror Story" Afterbirth (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"American Horror Story: Afterbirth (#1.12)"

"American Horror Story" Afterbirth (2011)

« Prev | 12 of 51 Episodes | Next »

Excellent finale!

Author: ASpiralingRedDream from United States
22 December 2011

So it's happened... the finale to American Horror Story's first season. By the time it was over, I was really sad. I am definitely going to miss it. My thoughts...

The finale was excellent. I can see why some people will have problems with it, but I honestly loved how it ended. It did so much things in one single episode, but then again, that is one of the trademarks of this show- it always does so much you can barely pause to think about everything that happened. I love how we had the 'boo' scares from the Harmon family to a new one. It seems that the house is divided- we have the sane, happy ghosts (The Harmons, Moira) then we have the vengeful ghosts full of hate.

What can I say about the ending of the episode? Perfection! Jessica Lange's final monologue is brilliant, and the closing scene of the episode was as well. In a way, we want to see this storyline as well, but I doubt we will. This could easily be seen as a series finale, but now we know how every season of this show will be constructed. I cannot wait for it, and all in all, an excellent finale to an excellent season!

The Last Straw

Author: artpf from United States
2 January 2014

Episode flashes back to 9 months previously. Then back. Nothing makes sense in this show. I sat through every episode. It's horrible.

This episode brings in new ghosts to the house and a new tenant.

There's nothing believable in this show. You can't suspend disbelief at all.

And the writing really really sucks.

This episode is one big mess. It doesn't really tie up any loose ends and the ending is a burlesque. In truth the ending just keeps going, and going, and going.

It's actually sort of insulting.