IMDb > The Liquidator (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Liquidator More at IMDbPro »Likvidator (original title)

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]

Disappointed

Author: bounce-rubbish from Australia
23 September 2012

I was unable to watch this movie through to the end the first time I watched it- it was that disappointing for me. The second time I watched it was also not from start to finish, but from where I left off.

I found the dialogue fragmented, disjointed and not a lot of acting coherence. The fight scenes were well done, but the broken rhythm of dialogue just left me cold

I was possibly was also turned off by the dubbed over voices as they just didn't seem to suit the characters - but it still didn't hold my attention even when I muted the sound. (one of my tests on whether a movie has any substance is to also watch it as a silent movie and see whether the acting and cinematography alone can hold my attention)

Disastrous

Author: ulric99 from Melbourne, Australia
9 September 2012

1) ignore the fact that Vinnie Jones gets a mention on the cover. It's just to try and entice people to hire /buy the movie. He's got little more than a cameo appearance.

2) was it just me, or did some of the English voices (dubbed over Russian speakers), sound the same ? the spoken lines were so stilted and painful to listen to, the movie could well have been on mute.

3) the storyline was woeful. it dragged on and while *some* of the fight scenes were OK, it was not on the same playing field as a James Bond, Jason Bourne or any movie with Jason Statham.

4) it's my considered opinion that most of the people who gave it a rating over 8 were part of the film crew. this movie is up there with "Bad Karma" (another shocker of a recent release).

do yourself a favour and just give this a 1/10 rating without bothering to watch - you will save your own time and money and, perhaps the time and money of someone who is considering watching this sh*t-fest of a movie.

Waste of time and money

Author: bethany_heck from United States
15 February 2013

I was extremely disappointed. The trailer, the box, and the over-all hype was seemingly about Vinnie Jones being the lead actor when he barely came into play at the end. Falsely advertised movie by using Vinnie Jones to sell it. I could barely get through the movie. The dialog was fragmented and just the acting in relation to the quality of being seemingly real was terrible. Terrible screen direction and terrible and a lot of useless dialog to drag the movie on for just a couple fight scenes. Why Vinnie Jones wanted to go through with this movie and these amateur actors, I don't know but I would pass up this movie and find something better to do with the 20 minutes of your life before you end up turning off the movie and start cursing.

I'm didn't know Jason Bourne had a brother..

Author: ron jones from Mesa, AZ USA
25 June 2012

As a HUGE fan of the Bourne Trilogy, I have yet to find a good substitute. After watching The Liquidator, I can honestly say this movie has the same intense hand-to-hand action, explosive demolitions, twisting plot line and top-notch actors.

The quick motion camera action was terrific and flowed very well. Whoever is responsible for the close-quarters combat choreography did a great job too. It was believable, fast-paced and unpredictable. I would have liked to have seen a larger variety of weapons utilized.

Loved the ending, certainly didn't see it coming. Nice work to all involved. I'll definitely be watching this movie again and recommending to all my friends.

The Orange Jeep Dad

Surprisingly acceptable

Author: erkur from Kazakhstan
8 September 2012

This movie was kinda refreshingly good. Just don't consider it as one of Vinnie Jones movies, he was along for the ride here. It's more in line with Bourne and new James Bond movies.

The premise is quite simple, a man has been killed and probably nothing would've happened, but his brother turned out to be a nearly unstoppable highly skilled military trained close-combat master. If you are an action-thriller fan, you'll probably guess how a plot like this might develop. The upside here if fight choreography, very down to earth and visible. The second story line is about an operative responsible for handling this case, which proved to be much more than a regular one.

Let me stress it again, not your typical Vinnie Jones movie at all!

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]