Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor
Page 4 of 11: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

People over think the simplest things..

Author: tayomitchell from United States
22 July 2013

While I was reading the reviews to this movie I thought to myself do people really think too much about a movie they watch? Obviously.. When you think of Tyler Perry movies you think of comedy and drama. When Madea isn't in a Tyler Perry movie it is going to be more serious then the rest. However, obviously people do not realize this. This movie Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor indicates that there is more too Tyler Perry movies then Madea. This movie was deep and shows what people think when their life is turned upside down by 1 person. This movie shows what it is like to have a major event change your life. Personally speaking I have never been through an experience shown in this movie, but the big thing is is that you can imagine this happening to you. Other people obviously cannot take a hour and forty minutes while watching a movie to see this. I feel sorry for people who have no imagination of being able to step out of their life and enjoy a movie THAT THEIR WATCHING! Great movie...If you can step out of your little world and enjoy a movie then it is a must see. Will make you think about your own life...

Don't waste your time, it makes no sense

Author: Nat Mestevller from Spain
12 April 2014

This is probably one of the stupidest movies I have ever seen. Not only because it preaches pseudo-morals but because it makes absolutely no sense. OK, so you want to tell the world that if you don't stay with your boring husband who forgets your birthday two years in a row, you will burn in hell. Fine, if that's what you think. But do you have to throw in all the bad stuff just because? Seriously, who believes that?

So we have this rich guy, who's supposed to be the next Mark Zuckerberg and who states himself that he is a workaholic. Now, imagine Zuckerberg would beat all his girlfriends, sleep around in parties and take drugs all day long: Wouldn't we all know that, because he's famous? Wouldn't we all know that ZUckerberg, Bill Gates, whoever on Forbes hits his wife? Come on! And how can it be that he is a workaholic, but then turns out he's taking drugs and partying all the time and actually never works? His ex girlfriend is super scared, we see how she walks into her apartment and takes a bat, just in case he's there, she wants to move away cause he came in where she works, she changed her name and yet, she is still living in the same city! Maker perfect sense, Tyler Perry.

I don't want to bother you with more details, just don't watch this crap from someone who obviously doesn't have a very high opinion about women or sex.

Horrible film

Author: EmmaNelly from United States
25 February 2014

This review contains spoilers. I can't believe Tyler Perry wrote the role of Ava for Kim Kardashian. What a flat character with no point to the story. I also do not understand why Brandy's character did not age at the end of the film. We are expected to believe that she's still a cashier at a pharmacy?! I can't understand why Jurnee's character was all of a sudden a drunk, drug user and completely smitten by the Harley character after being so resistant to him. She just randomly almost allowed rape. None of the black families in Tyler Perry's films are ever without some level of unbelievable drama. There's always abuse, a worthless black man, drug addiction and some crazy over the top religious person. It is getting to e super embarrassing to see how he doesn't develop beyond those areas and slowly builds a story that comes crashing to a close within the last 20 minutes. Temptation was a good example of how all of these dysfunctional characters could be thrown in to a movie for the sake of a script.

Some helpful spoilers.. Very good. Congrats Tyler perry

Author: Lexi Roberts from United States
29 July 2013

Wow.. I don't understand how people could think so poorly about this movie. It was heart wrenching. Yes I agree the acting was bad. Kim was horrible and killed the scenes she was in. The wife , Judith could've been better. Her husband Bryce was phenomenal. There wasn't one boring part of this movie. There was a few parts where it was predictable but not necessarily in a bad way. Some scenes were taken to the extreme and very traumatic.

The only awful part of the movie were the actors. Other than that this movie sends a great message. It made me want to slap Judith for doing what she did to her husband. She was so up and down and sloppy. Harley was okay In the beginning. It seemed like he tried raping Judith then he was sweet to her. Judith to me was too sloppy and too up and down. Her poor husband made me want to cry every scene.

I thought the ending was bad, but in an okay way? She deserved what she got but it was too extreme. First they were married and happy then he remarries and Judith lives with having hiv and becomes old and lonely. It's. extremely sad to watch but it's something that people really go through. Maybe not as extreme but still relatable.

Overall this movie was worth it and I can't fall asleep because its so heart breaking. People who bashed on this movie suck, and don't know good movies. Congratulations Tyler perry .

I liked it a lot

Author: unglobetrotteur from United States
8 July 2013

This was my first Tyler Perry movie. I was curious. a lot of bad rating but the topic was intriguing. I remembered Harley when he was in 90210 :) The movie did not have bad language as far as I can remember. It demonstrated on how a good relationship can be destroyed by lust and money. I mostly like the moral of the movie more than the acting. I agree on how the devil can destroy marriages but you have a choice. Vanessa Williams told Judith but she did not listen.

It does change from the usual movie with F words all the time or killing. The other kind of movie I appreciate are animation movies.

P

The Movie Was AWESOME!!!

Author: Femmes Fatale from Planet Earth
6 July 2013

First off I will admit that the beginning of the movie is kinda sucky. Kim Kardashian...I like her and all but she is a TERRIBLE actress lol. I liked that she was in the movie though and noticed her acting got a little better throughout the movie. Anyways once you are like 40 minutes into the movie it starts to get pretty good. This movie was exciting, and goes deep! Although I think Judith shouldn't have cheated on her husband. Yes I know he didn't pay that much attention to her, and he forgot her birthday and so on and so forth. BUT he was a good man, and if she needed excitement she should have found something for BOTH of them to do to liven up their marriage. Also Harvey was way too pushy and basically forced everything on her. He knew what he wanted when he saw her and just kept plotting and planting stuff in her head until she began to accept it and believe she wanted him. Also I feel like things happen too fast in this movie, like there's no real build up. And the bosses fake accent was sucky as well. All & all it's a decent movie the further you get into it.

it was okay

Author: misterproductive from United States
14 April 2013

Temptations: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor by Tyler Perry is a decent movie. Perry attempts to broaden his horizons and show that he is not one dimensional but somewhat fails. Overall I give it a 6 out of 10. As most of us know Perry is best known for mostly for his Madea plays and movie comedies. Temptations is far from that...although the movie has its moments where you can't help but laugh this movie is not a comedy by any means. It delivers a real message.

I believe the acting was pretty bad. There were times I had the "wtf" look on my face as the actors and actresses attempted to bring their characters to life. Casting Kim Kardashian does not help this matter at all.

Despite its many flaws I believe the movie is definitely worth taking a look at.

Deep lesson for us women...

Author: Ivelisse24 from United States
5 August 2013

I watched the movie 4 days ago and I am still thinking about how true that movie is for a lot of women. It may not have a same ending, but it has other similar ones. The movie seems slow and senseless at the beginning, but then it gets intense and you are afraid to say aloud: "I was like that at one point." Then, when is getting closer to the end it keeps you holding your breath to let it go once you see the shocking end. I love the fact that in my case it made me see and feel good with myself because I picked the right guy.This should be a series with different marriage topics. Mr. Perry as always I love your talent and the ability to talk about relationships and include how important is God in everything.

What's happening to Tyler Perry?

Author: zachts1 from Austin, Texas
22 April 2013

I consider myself a big Tyler Perry fan. I watched many of his filmed stage plays and his movies. My favorite TP movies are Diary of a Mad Black Woman and I Can Do Bad All By Myself. I can watch those particular movies over and over again because they are both dramatic and very funny, touching on real relationship themes, and both celebrate the triumph of the human spirit.

However, I cannot say the same for the recent movies TP has directed and/or produced. With the exception of the Oscar-winning Precious, his more recent films seem deadly serious, or flat, or not fully developed; in other words, they lack joy and or too predictable, as is the case of his latest Temptation movie. If this is TP's attempt to produce his own Fatal Attraction or Unfaithful, he fails miserably at it. In a nutshell, if you've seen the trailer for this underwritten, unimaginative story, you've seen it all. There's nothing more to say. Mr. Perry, where have you gone?

Enjoyed the movie

Author: ms_royalty143 from United States
6 April 2013

I really enjoyed the movie, it was definitely from a woman's perspective. I felt the movie represented real life and it wasn't a fairy tale.

I really was able to connect for the entire movie.

The actors stayed true to the characters and really pushed themselves to the next level.

I have found it to be a great conversation piece for my friends.

I also liked how the movie did a great job reflecting the play.

I will be going to see this movie again.

Overall a great movie!!