IMDb > "Hunted" (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

Solid Action Espionage

Author: tickin from Canada
11 October 2012

I've only see the pilot but it was a slick, fast-paced piece of work. They wasted no time getting into the story (stories) and to cover that amount of info in an hour without confusing or tiring the viewer was impressive.

The story centers around a gal who was special forces and is now part of a private sector (counter)espionage team. I won't get into any more details than to say she's hardcore.

I also have to say that I've always liked Melissa George, she can act and she does a believable job in action sequences too. She perfectly suited to this type of show, and the show works because of her.

The rest of the main cast, though largely unfamiliar to me (which means nothing), are clearly pros as well. They carved out their niches in the short time allotted to them and it's always a treat to have a strong supporting cast.

The show is definitely worth a watch.

Interesting

Author: ethan_3000 from United Kingdom
17 October 2012

Well I am a big fan of spooks and when I saw the trailer on BBC HD I was quite excited to see what was new and if this programme still had that sort of feel about it. When I watched the first episode there was very little chatter among characters and the story line seemed to be missing. The acting is very good among everyone but at the moment in time I was a bit disappointed. The next episode told us a bit more but I have realised that all of the episodes give very little information away about the characters and the story line itself, Its basically given in spoonfuls. I think that this sort of programme builds up eventually and thats what its starting to do now which gets more exciting to find out new facts and watch.

Overall I think that this programme is interesting and that people should not be put off with the slow build up to the plot. Be patient and we all may be very surprised and impressed towards the end of the season or throughout episodes.

a brutal and superior take on the Bourne concept, well worth watching.

Author: wse-jack from United States
12 October 2012

I for one am a fan of Melissa George, her role in alias as a world class super b--- was impeccable, but it wasn't till I saw A Lonely Place to Die that I became a huge fan, as the movie explodes into graphic violence and tension her performance and looks suck you in.

Hunted is another grand example of taking advantage of her extraordinary screen presence.

As a spy thriller, its originality is mute, its not bad, not at all, but not all that special... but just as a thriller in general its wonderful. The picture quality is grand, and while it may make a few to many cuts, the whole picture put together is spellbinding.

It's plot and characters seem fully developed, just waiting to unfold and each seems psychologically sound to what they are, they don't just make things happen for the characters, it seems like the characters will react as if they should in that situation.

The show keeps tension well, Melissa's uncanny ability to suck you in (not unlike Jodie foster with her eyes) keeps you involved, and when the show bursts into its graphic and brutal violence, its all the better. The handful of action scenes by far outmatch those in the Bourne flicks and the adult plot is refreshing from the childish hollywoodised crap that those movies descended to.

I highly recommend this, just simply if anything for its balance between its violence, plot, and characters, not suffering one for any other like so many shows now days do.

If a show can do all three and do them well, than sacrificing one or both others do do one thing VERY well, well, thats just not good enough, let things happen as they do.

The only issues I have are a sh-- title sequence (very English, not in a good way, makes it seem far more cheeseball than it in no way is), and some spastic cuts on the violence, the camera work isn't shaky, in fact most of it is good, but the some (and i do mean only SOME) of the cuts don't fit together.

Great new show

Author: dmerrill-537-56275 from United States
24 November 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed this show. I watched all the episodes and found the tension built nicely from episode to episode. One of the things I like about watching BBC shows is it seems they don't guard the main characters like they do in the United States. With U. S. shows you can assume no matter what happens to the main character or characters each episode, they will survive to be around for a second season, even if there isn't one. With shows like Misfits and Being Human, the plot is king and anyone can be killed off at any time. So, when I walk into a show like Hunted, I have no expectations that any of these people will be around next season. This increases a shows tension enormously. For me that makes for a completely different viewing experience than I'm used to and it's very refreshing.

Right up there with Alias and Nikita

Author: johnnymike91 from Trinidad and Tobago
24 October 2012

This show is addictive, mysterious, and thrilling. It has it's faults just like any TV show. The choreography and cinematography for the fight scenes are a bit awkward at times. There might be a couple clichés here or there. However, I think the strong points in the show overshadow the small faults. And if the writers/directors work on those small flaws, this show would definitely become a 10 in my book! If you enjoyed the espionage and paranoia that existed in Alias/Nikita, you will enjoy this. Who do you trust? Will the lead character get caught in her lies? Who else is lying? It gets quite addictive.

The plot line is very continuous, which is another plus. There are no standalone episodes. Everything sticks close to the main plot.

Huge fan. But...just one season?

Author: Olive Matuka from Canada
7 July 2013

FantAstic show, cinema-quality experience, fab cast of thankfully non-American actors. Considering that pretty much everything out there on TV is cheap, tortuous class-A crap (and we get an embarrassing # of channels) this is the first series in a loooooong that I've been able to both watch and more than enjoy. Am absolutely bummed that it appears they've only written one season; was this lack of funding? Lack of an audience? (that'd be weird since everyone I know plus their pet LOVES it). Boo. Come on, Hunted Execs....we need another season. Or 6!

Hm it seems I've not written enough lines. Gee how much raving can a girl do? I though less was more. OK I think this is it.

I want more!

Author: desireb83 from Philadelphia.Pa
20 January 2014

Love the show. Keeps me guessing, I would really like to see more can anyone tell me if more is to come. I keep looking but nothing not. Please let me know. It kind of left me hanging with what's going to happen next. Please I need more. That was in 2012 Now it's 2014 I need to know the ending. Why wasn't the next season made it's not like it was not great! Cause it was really worth it. I mean really worth watching back to back. If not on Cinemax go to Netflix and but out the next season that's how much I need to see this show. I need to know what happen with the little to boy. Great love scenes. It's really hard to find good series like this one "Hunted" gave you a reason to wanted to stay up late in watch T.V.

Not as bad as some say

Author: primacag-219-477782 from United States
16 March 2013

Not perfect. Certainly a British point of view on spy thrillers, which are normally more thoughtful, better written, and better acted than US drivel, such as the current version of Nikita or 24.

The characters were human and entertaining as individuals. They developed as individuals. The plot is a little convoluted but eventually you figure it out. There are no 180 degree twists to keep the plot going, just the gradual discovery of new information.

The acting was British but not to over the top. There were a few too many altercations that didn't result in damage whose effects disappeared too fast. They spent a lot of time setting up the next series, so it would be a shame not to see some of it at least.

Gripping Stuff

Author: Jeff Isles from Australia
19 October 2013

++May contain Spoilers++

I will keep this brief. As i don't write a lot of reviews. I recorded this and within a year i have started watching it from Ep1 for the 3rd time. Usually unheard of for me. As i seldom watch anything twice yet alone 3 times. The series is fantastic i believe from start to finish. It is intelligent writing, intrigueing plots & compelling viewing. I am familiar with Melissa George as she is an Australian so i have seen her face a few times on some Australain shows. But this is for sure the best work i have seen her do. If she left Australia to improve herself then she has done that. I was quite surprised to see only an average rating of 6.9 on IMDb for this show. I love it. I love the plot, the intrigue, the interwoven themes. I also am a love or Spooks and the term Hourglass is mentioned in a couple of episodes of Spooks - and it is as if this whole show is an extension of other operations in Spooks - this operation taken a life of its own. It is quite clever how the two shows inter-relate.

I do hope this production team and writers put out a series of these shows.

Bourne better than Bourne

Author: smfilm from United States
18 October 2012

I started watching Hunted with some caution... some of the British produced spy / thriller stuff I've seen has been a little dry for my taste... but after watching 2 episodes, I've really been blown away by the quality of the show....

It got right to the point in the pilot with a compelling set of plot arcs... had some good action and top quality effects and cinematography.

What is most compelling about the show is, however, how Melissa George has found a glove like character fit. She has a unique quality of perfectly pulling off the desperate, effective ruthless, ultra strong woman part that we saw a hint of way back in the Alias days. She has a truly unique voice and affect that fits this part perfectly.... so much so that many of her parts in the last few years seem wimpy and that they vastly underused her talents.

So I'm on board for the duration of this show.... feature film quality with top flight acting.....

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]