IMDb > "Community" Remedial Chaos Theory (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Community" Remedial Chaos Theory (2011)

« Prev | 53 of 110 Episodes | Next »

What a genre..!! Thriller, Suspense & Comedy.

Author: vinay1493 from India
14 November 2011

What an episode! Mindblowing! The 20 minutes of this episode gives a tough competition to even the best sci-fi movies. This episode not only kept me involved till the end, but also making me laugh a lot. Probably one among the best episodes of this show, or of any show for that matter. Glad that this show isn't degrading after extremely positive reviews of the first 2 seasons. The show just keeps getting better and better. The writing certainly hasn't dried up and even the acting is spot-on! Troy & Abed FTW !

Comedy wise - As usual what you expect from a Community episode. Plot and entertainment wise - AMAZING !!!

Rating - 10/10 !

One of the best of the whole series!

Author: communityfan from Greece
16 October 2011

That's my first review ever here and I am impressed no one did one on this episode. What can I say? It was just fantastic! Very clever one.The group gets invited by Abed and Troy in their new apartment and everything seems quite normal until someone has to go get the pizzas.Jeff decides to let luck decide and Abed creates in his mind different stories/timelines, one of each has a different character go for the pizzas and we see what happens to the rest of the group while he/she goes down.Each timeline is unique but Troy's is just AWESOME.And the darkest of course.At the end we are given to believe that this was what really happened but luckily it was all Abed's imagination! :D So I rate this with 10/10 and if I could I would rate it even higher! Go community!!!

The defining episode of season 3

Author: athomed from United States
26 January 2013

It makes sense that an episode of Community where many of the laugh out loud moments are set up in one timeline and only reach their true payoff in another timeline is the episode which pops up throughout the rest of the season as a reference point for the study group.

This episode was about a lot of things. It certainly pushed the limits of what a twenty-two minute television show on NBC can do. It did something deeper with an exploration of the group dynamic within the study group. This episode delves into what place each character has in the group and where their strengths lie for the group as a whole. It does so in a supremely clever way, by subtlety removing a person from the group in seven separate timelines and allowing us to see how the group reacts without that person. The only difference from timeline to timeline is that a different person is removed in each timeline. There's your episode.

Brilliant writing. Fantastic concept. A solid 10 and a must-see episode of Community.

Greatest TV Episode of All Time!!!

Author: Nick Goldberg from United States
25 August 2014

How do I quite explain Remedial Chaos Theory? It's like Sliding Doors had a baby with Rashomon and was raised by Arrested Development. Like the title of the review says, Greatest TV Episode of All Time!!! Community knows how to make a hilarious episode, while still filling it with character development. The episode is important because it shows what role a certain characters as in the group, and why they are important to the group. This episode was nominated for an Emmy, but it lost to the Louie episode Pregnant(which was a great episode). It also was nominated for a Hugo Award. I suggest you watch Community and then watch this episode 20 times. Once again, Greatest TV Episode of All Time!!!

Mindblowing, hilarious, excellent - The defining episode of Community

Author: szerencsegames from United Kingdom
18 October 2015

*SPOILERS* ( I guess )

To me, this is the best episode of ANY TV show that I have ever seen. And that says a lot. From the humorous intro ( Room 303 ) to the moment the credits rolled; this episode was in every manner possible, just fantastic.

The idea that such an every day concept can be turned into something so touching, revealing and exciting should give the writers even more praise because writing this episode must have been an absolute nightmare.

This episode highlights what each person is about and what they bring to the group ( for example, Britta is the one who brings the group together and Jeff is the one that actually drives them apart. )

This episode has surely set the bar for future episodes of any series that I will be watching but I am already not quite sure whether I am going to see anything as near perfect as this.