IMDb > "Mad Men" At the Codfish Ball (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Mad Men: At the Codfish Ball (#5.7)"

"Mad Men" At the Codfish Ball (2012)

« Prev | 59 of 92 Episodes | Next »

"At the Codfish Ball"

Author: bran-glos from Canada
30 April 2012

Five dissatisfied people sitting together in morose silence at Don's awards gala is an iconic image from this excellent mid season episode. In "At the Codfish Ball" we see Megan show off her advertising skills while at the same finding out how empty it all makes her. A progressive disillusionment in her life with Don has been building since the beginning of the season. Perhaps some of it has to do with the fact that Don is showing more and more how much he needs her. The hunter becomes hunted.

In another of season five's coming of age stories Sally walks in on an intimate moment and struts her fashion sense to Don's dismay. Slowly we see Sally experiencing the darker side of life (the Richard Speck news story and Roger's ballroom indiscretion to name a few). We are watching her bloom the young woman she was destined to become sooner or later. I just hope she makes it out unscathed.

A great episode in a stellar season. I can feel the anticipation for a fantastically emotional climax.