IMDb > "Homeland" The Weekend (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Homeland: The Weekend (#1.7)"

"Homeland" The Weekend (2011)

« Prev | 7 of 74 Episodes | Next »

Shocking turn of events...

Author: Red_Identity from United States
23 December 2011

So, Homeland has had me intrigued for quite a while. Yes, I have had problems with how predictable some things are, and how obvious the plot moves even when it's incredible thrilling, but for the first time, Homeland has delivered an absolutely masterful episode, without flaws.

Homeland has finally shocked me... now, I will not declare what is and isn't, since now that I saw this, I know how cleverly the show might turn. The turn of events in the last 10 minutes really had me on edge. It gives Brody a different side to him. Saying that, I am never going to be 100% sure of something, so who knows where the show takes us on from here, but I didn't expect for these things to be sorted out this early, and in this manner. Excellent episode!

One of the best episodes in TV history

Author: Pride82 from Finland
31 January 2012

I am not writing a review about the episode, but more of a recap what I felt.

I have seen plenty of series and movies. And when I say plenty, I really do mean it. I consider myself as part of the "intelligent audience" whom can occasionally watch a "popcorn blockbuster" but what I am looking for is proper drama - motives and feelings.

I felt compelled to write a few words here, since this episode was just stunningly great. It has been years since I felt something similar. In case you are wondering that was the "original finale", Adama's court, of Battlestar Galactica season 2. Later on producers moved that to be an episode in the middle since they thought that it wouldn't be enough for the audience whom would look for that "popcorn action ending". My point being - the drama was stunning there as it was here.

If you enjoy proper drama like The Wire or Crash (TV) you will enjoy Homeland. That much is certain.

Thanks for creating this, dear production team. I actually felt it.