IMDb > "Homeland" The Weekend (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Homeland: The Weekend (#1.7)"

"Homeland" The Weekend (2011)

« Prev | 7 of 60 Episodes | Next »

Shocking turn of events...

Author: Red_Identity from United States
23 December 2011

So, Homeland has had me intrigued for quite a while. Yes, I have had problems with how predictable some things are, and how obvious the plot moves even when it's incredible thrilling, but for the first time, Homeland has delivered an absolutely masterful episode, without flaws.

Homeland has finally shocked me... now, I will not declare what is and isn't, since now that I saw this, I know how cleverly the show might turn. The turn of events in the last 10 minutes really had me on edge. It gives Brody a different side to him. Saying that, I am never going to be 100% sure of something, so who knows where the show takes us on from here, but I didn't expect for these things to be sorted out this early, and in this manner. Excellent episode!

One of the best episodes in TV history

Author: Pride82 from Finland
31 January 2012

I am not writing a review about the episode, but more of a recap what I felt.

I have seen plenty of series and movies. And when I say plenty, I really do mean it. I consider myself as part of the "intelligent audience" whom can occasionally watch a "popcorn blockbuster" but what I am looking for is proper drama - motives and feelings.

I felt compelled to write a few words here, since this episode was just stunningly great. It has been years since I felt something similar. In case you are wondering that was the "original finale", Adama's court, of Battlestar Galactica season 2. Later on producers moved that to be an episode in the middle since they thought that it wouldn't be enough for the audience whom would look for that "popcorn action ending". My point being - the drama was stunning there as it was here.

If you enjoy proper drama like The Wire or Crash (TV) you will enjoy Homeland. That much is certain.

Thanks for creating this, dear production team. I actually felt it.

The Weekend

Author: Dibyayan Chakravorty from India
24 October 2015

Aileen (Marin Ireland) attempts to flee to Mexico but is apprehended when she gets off the bus in Nuevo Laredo. Saul (Mandy Patinkin) is there and takes Aileen into custody. He brings her on a 25-hour car ride back to Virginia, hoping to use that time to convince her to divulge her role in the terrorist plot.

Brody (Damian Lewis) explains to Carrie (Claire Danes) that he needs to take a little time away from home. After stopping at a bar and having some drinks, Carrie suggests they go to a cabin out in the country that her family owns. They have sex shortly after arriving, and spend a very enjoyable, romantic day at the cabin together. Both seem to be much more comfortable and at ease with each other than with anyone else.

As Brody is leaving, Saul calls Carrie. He reports that Aileen has identified the "visitor" who was on the roof of her house. It was Tom Walker. Not only is he alive, but he's the prisoner of war who was turned. Upon hearing this, Carrie rushes out to Brody to apologize.