IMDb > "Family Guy" The Blind Side (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Family Guy" The Blind Side (2012)

« Prev | 177 of 298 Episodes | Next »

Have the old writers come back from a long holiday?

Author: slash83_mus from Amersfoort, the Netherlands
16 January 2012

Family guy hasn't been itself lately. It felt like the show got seriously less funny for the past 2 seasons, although it remained funny enough to watch. But only just. Up until season 8, every season had many outrageously funny episodes, well written and many laugh-out-loud moments, a good amount of 'normal' good episodes and only some dips - overall quality was great. Seasons 8, 9 and 10 felt increasingly like the writers went on vacation, one at a time, or moved to American Dad, a show that started to really outshine it's big brother, Family Guy. Even the Cleveland Show showed a big upward curve with every episode being better than the last.

Now, with this episode about Brian dating a blind girl, they are 100% back. This episode is very well written, many laugh-out-loud moments and just gave me the feeling everything will be alright with Family Guy after all.

Seth, don't let this little gem get lost in another pool of b-side episodes and Family Guy will have it's former glory back, and more.

The One With The Blind Girl...

Author: Taylor Kingston from Australia
26 April 2015

I really like this episode. It's funny and it gives Brian a kick-in-the-crotch, which I love to see. But I don't mean literally.

In this episode, Brian meets a girl and they hit it off, so he asks her out. After she says, when she goes to leave, he discovers that she's actually blind. Brian doesn't mind, which I like. But then he finds out that she hates dogs, and she doesn't know he is a dog. So he tries to make her really like him before he tells her. It doesn't end well. Meanwhile, Peter gets a new staircase in the house because the old one was falling to pieces and constantly gave splinters. But the problem is the staircase is way too slippery and no one can escape falling down them.

Overall, I give this episode an 8 out of 10, which in my ratings book is: Awesome.