IMDb > I Am... Gabriel (2012) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

I Am... Gabriel (V) More at IMDbPro »

The Gift Of Hope

Author: On A Starless Night from India
30 August 2012

i loved it.A good family movie.Dear friend if you are on the verge of loosing hope or if you no longer believe in the presence of God please i sincerely request you to watch 'i am Gabriel'.The reason i recommend this movie to you is because it was Hope that kept me alive on a starless night.Hope is one important element of life,without hope life ceases.It is in pain we realize the importance of God and his Grace and the movie does justice in establishing that view. Although the movie plot is predictable, give it a try.It will not disappoint you.It will help rekindle that lost hope in your heart.The movie ended with tears flowing down my cheeks.i will always be glad that my first review was for a movie named 'i am Gabriel'.I hope the reviews and the rating will get better too.

Execrable

Author: DrTeeth007
1 January 2013

I cannot begin to explain how execrable this film is. I begrudge giving it 1 star; 1/4 star would be generous.

It is so on so many fronts.

First, the acting is the worst I have ever seen. The whole cast was worse than the worst amateur troupe you could imagine. Sorry for the frequent use of the same word, but I am sure IMDb has a swearing/expletive policy, and I do not wish to fall foul of it.

Second, from the story line I was expecting a proper film and not a thinly-veiled Christian evangelical propaganda film. It is so bad, I would advise watching it with a few beers on board.

Calling this a 'family film' and making children watch it would expose one to charges of child cruelty.

You only get one life, do not waste a second of it on this. I did so you don't have to.

Watch before you judge

Author: prestimion1973 from Maastricht, Nederland
16 July 2013

I read some reviews before i watched the movie, it did affect my initial idea. I agree that you must'not compare the movie to 'The Passion' or another similar movie, it is predictable and the acting could be better. I am not into any religion, but respect and admire some people who know how to experience it without trying to push their believes to others.

I loved that more then one religion is being interpreted and displayed. And perhaps things are all too obvious and most certainly predictable, but i think it's all about hope in any way, or better the loss of it and how to regain it.

Despite the bad acting there were several moments, that the shivers went down my spine. I'll remember it for sure. And if you are into religion(s), just watch it.

Terrible Acting

Author: tehbyondlegend from United States
28 August 2012

Just terrible First off, not to down on Christian movies just for the sake of it, but almost every Christian movie I watch has terrible acting, with the exception of a few. This one is not in that "exception" category.

On top of which the writers of this movie basically give you the entire plot in 15mins, thus ruining the entire film.

Where's the suspense? Wheres the build up? Where's the mystery? Kid walks up, they almost hit him, they take him to the doctor, he spills everything. Haven't these writers ever heard "god works in mysterious ways?" Apparently not.

I Am Gabriel

Author: Chris from C-World
4 July 2013

I Am Gabriel is inspirational film and all-around very uplifting. After seeing this film it touched my soul as it did for many children and families. Wonderful story by Mike Norris, Kaci Hill, and Neal Odom. Wonderful directing by Mike Norris as well he did a great job on this.

Fantastic acting by the amazing Gavin Casalegno. He brought the Gabriel character to life and seeing him on screen starring as Gabriel it really uplifted me from then on. Great job Gavin.

The story-line itself was very well created and it enlightened and shared a great message. This movie is a #1 recommendation on my end and you will be inspired by it and the message that Gavin's character shares will not only touch your soul, but will change your life but overall the movie will change your life and you will watch this again. This was a great film and you will love it.

Give it watch and you'll be moved.

Well intentioned, but so predictable

Author: ziploked from United States
28 August 2012

First of all, the title alone gives the whole movie away if you've ever learned anything about Christianity. This movie is well-intentioned, sweet, and yet watching it feels like you've already seen it. For some reason though, I watched it until the end, even though I rolled my eyes upon seeing exactly what I expected to be the climax of the film.

For those out there who'll lament that its a Christian film and speaks of God...well just don't watch it and don't b*$#@h about it! I'm always amazed how people can be OK accepting concepts in Star Wars like "The Force", and "Use The Force," yet be totally not OK with the parallel concept of God and Prayer. Really...what's the difference? Anyway, I'm not here to rant or preach, I'm just saying that if you don't like stuff like this, don't watch it and then write a complaint about it. If you do like heartwarming Christian themes, this movie has them--it just has a far too predictable storyline to make it a really good movie. It's more of Christian fairy tale than anything else--but then a whole lot of us grew up loving fairy tales, didn't we? Watch it with the kiddies, the ultimate message is good whether you believe in the delivery or not.

This movie is inspirational and spirit-lifting

Author: victhfaing from Nigeria
9 July 2015

Well, movies and plays are not and should not be judged mainly by their sophistication or the lack of it. They are written with intentions, goals or objectives. Once that is achieved, a movie can be said to make sense. On this ground I highly recommend this movie, 'I am Gabriel'. From the very beginning, when I saw the quote from Chronicles on prayer, I waited to see the unfolding of such a theme. A community was facing lots of challenges, got so used to her condition, some fled in search of greener pastures, others waited, but none did the right thing until God Himself comes to their aid. All we need is faith and hope in God. It is a biblical fact that the right thing we are able to do, the grace to do those things come from God Himself. It is one theme that Christian movie makers seldom think of. The society also, thinking we can always handle our situations and all, we seldom call on GOD. It is no wonder that we do not expect Him to do anything in our midst and when He does it we view it from our lenses of 'scepticism'. I praise God for the lives of the writers and the producers of this movie. For truly, if God's children call on Him, He will heal their land.

Unfailing Grace

Author: jennifersnider42 from Kansas
30 November 2013

I have been a believer for quite some time and this movie has touched my heart and regenerated that love I have for my Savior, Jesus Christ. It goes without saying that Faith (and Hope) can move mountains. The film certainly projects the message of this very thing. The message is true, graceful, and powerful.

The overall message is that everyone is free to choose, or not to choose His way. That's the Grace He freely gave. I absolutely would recommend this movie to everyone. John Schneider and Dean Cain are extremely powerful in I am...Gabriel. And the actor who portrays The Messenger, Gabriel, deserves more roles like this.

I wanted to like it, but I couldn't

Author: mike-ryan455 from United States
1 March 2013

I like a good Christian movie. I really do. I thoroughly enjoyed many that were panned as marginal like "The Encounter." When I checked the reviews on this one and saw they were so bad I was still quite hopeful that it was just the usual anti-Christian bias and that the movie would be enjoyable even though the rating on IMDb was under four.

Boy was I wrong. The movie was just as bad as the other reviewers said. The acting and story were painfully bad. The kid couldn't act his way out of a paper bag. Gavin Casalegno as Gabriel was just out of his league. He might be fine for bit parts and he might develop into something but now, he was obviously barely remembering his lines. Likewise, the husband (Carey Scott) was particular over his head.

The script also was too predictable and painful.

I hate doing anything that discourages Christian independent film makers. We need more of them. But a good Christian movie needs to also be a good movie.

Err... I think I chose the wrong movie.

Author: conrad-402-70472 from Gulf South
28 August 2012

A few hours before land fall of hurricane Isaac, I was hoping to view a well filmed movie that would keep me 'film satisfied' over the next few days while having no power. Unfortunately, the initial scene opened up to a husband without and a doctor sweating more than the woman giving birth... You just had a bloody fetus come out of your body... I want to see that in your acting. The town setting was all wrong. From the description of the film, I was expecting a poor rural town set in a back country with open farm land and all the issues that come along with destitution. Allowing plenty of beautiful wide angle shots showing the sensitive nature of the town's atmosphere. Instead, its an urban town, plenty of cars rolling around, and IKEA furniture. Oh! I can't forget about farmer John rolling through throwing dirt around mentioning how his crops won't produce due to the minimal water supply the town has been undergoing. Only once in the entire movie did you see a clip related to farming. (1.28.14). A few car chase scenes by the grumpy Sheriff, in militia attire, were pretty entertaining. Plus, he was driving a pretty sweet bronco. Overall, the movie isn't that great use of your film watching time. Be kind to other people, share the love, help your neighbor, and an angel boy by the name of GABRIEL will show up and bless everyone. Jk. We have the power to change what ever we choose. Choose a different film. Also, choose to love others. :) I will say one more thing. The story had great potential. The film was guided down the path of Christianity versus a plot with true beauty and value. I'm really not sure what I was to gather from the film... Am I suppose to feel a relation to one of the characters and inadvertently be washed in the blood? Will I not be able to see GABRIEL the winged boy if I don't try to high five HIM? 1.26.14... I died... Nice tears Dean, looked like you really had something there. Cheers folks