"Hell on Wheels" A New Birth of Freedom (2011)

« Prev | 3 of 57 Episodes | Next »

Excellent

Author: duckstacker from The United States
18 November 2011

This show has a excellent cast , excellent story line, and excellent props. This show is stunning by all account. This show puts you into this time period, and sets the tell of our forefathers. I absolutely love this series so far. I have only saw 2 episodes thus far, but if the writing and the story line continues on the path , this could be my favorite series of all time. With the rich detail into the power struggle, the emotions, and the greed that this great country was built upon. The writers of this have done their homework. The only problem I see with the program is the conflict of scheduling pitting the airing time against NFL football.

Just Unrealistic

Author: anthony_retford from Seattle
22 June 2012

I have just watched episode 3 and felt that there would have been no way the owner would have just passed on his new foreman taking off on a personal errand the day after he made him foreman. All the foreman did was set out details for the day and then rode away, and that was after he knew he would be short-handed due to the Swede. When he returned with the woman he did not even check in but rode off again. He told the owner he would take the task in hand but then just neglected his duties.

The Swede would surely have mentioned that the new foreman was absent and the owner would have easily given him over to be hanged.

Also, the three men who he shot must have been workers and known he was the foreman, so the one whose ear was injured surely would have ridden back and reported it was the foreman who shot them. Either way he would deserve the rope when he returned.