IMDb > Non-Stop (2014) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Non-Stop

Non-Stop More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 39:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Silly as Hell, but quite entertaining

Author: zetes from Saint Paul, MN
6 March 2014

Absolutely ludicrous Liam Neeson thriller (which is a genre now), but, frankly, it's just a lot of fun. I found myself smiling and giggling at the silliness of it all, but damned if I wasn't enjoying myself the whole time. Neeson plays an air marshal who receives a text shortly after his flight commences that, if a load of money isn't deposited into an untraceable bank account, a passenger will be killed every 20 minutes. The film is clever enough to make it impossible to guess - or, alternatively, you pretty much suspect everyone and hope like Hell they don't pull out the old Liam-Neeson-has-multiple-personalities-and-is-doing-it-himself twist. The film is hilariously convoluted with plenty of plot holes. When the villain is revealed, they say "You'd never believe how easy it all was!" They are correct. I would never believe it. I still quite enjoyed watching it.

Keeps You Guessing

Author: statuskuo from United States
3 March 2014

This surprised me. A thriller on a plane that has you thinking you know all the answers (because we're such expert movie watches), then flips it. Yes, it's a contrived subplot. And the reasoning behind this terrorist act is goofy, BUT...it is a lot of fun. It interweaves a really elaborate set-up that you have to focus on to understand.

Also, for people who think they're sophisticated in camera motion. Think about that space. The camera moves in (perceived) 360 degrees without a) seeing camera shadow b) camera angle is near impossible with the movements they had. This is visually sophistication that most won't see or care. But it adds a ton to the claustrophobia.

Julianne Moore is great, as always. Neeson is perfect for this role, but one has to wonder how this behemoth of a guy fits in a airplane bathroom.

Great "Edge-Of-Your-Seat" Film

Author: Taizpian from United States
25 February 2014

I saw an advanced screening of this movie yesterday, and I was absolutely blown away. I had hoped it would be a fun thrill-ride, but I did not expect it to be as exciting and involved as it was.

My favorite part of this movie, was the fact that it takes a plot that is implausible, and makes it as plausible as possible. You can definitely tell that the writers did their research on air marshals, airplane mechanics, etc. There was not one moment in this film that I was bored, and it was filled to the brim with twists, and turns.

There definitely is a lot that went into this movie, and even though it'll have you thinking more deeply about the security of airlines, most of all it's just a really, really fun ride.

Surprisingly entertaining

Author: ezranelson98 from United States
12 March 2014

I never was a huge fan of Liam Neeson's action flicks, but I went to see this because of the good reviews. This movie is a very suspenseful and a great "Whodunnit" movie. It it's share of action scenes, but it never went too over the top. Even if you don't like Liam Neeson, this movie is worth seeing and is a guaranteed good time. Lot's of twists and suspicious characters leave you guessing and most likely wrong. Lot's of on the edge-of- your-seat scenes because of how well it was made and has a silent and lonely feel to it which helps you understand everything going on. Overall, this movie is a great thriller without being packed full of action.

Non-stop thrills and suspense!

Author: OllieSuave-007 from California, USA
10 March 2014

This is an action-thriller starring Liam Neeson as U.S. Air Marshal Bill Marks who, while boarding a flight to London, receives text messages from an unknown assailant, threatening that if he doesn't transfer $150 million to an account, a fatality will occur on the plane every 20 minutes unless Marks complies with the money request.

The film starts off with some intrigue, showing Marks depressed, consuming alcohol and having a couple of run-ins with some passengers before he boards the plane, already giving the audience the impression that Marks is a disturbed person and making us eager to know what his background story is. Jen Summers (Julianne Moore) sits next to Marks on the plane, whose background story is also a mystery until later on in the film, providing us with another interesting subplot.

However, the main plot and action come almost immediately after the plane takes to the air when Marks starts receiving the threatening text messages. What follows is a suspenseful game of cat and mouse as Marks attempt to find the perpetrator and, when the casualties start to mount, it becomes a thrilling roller-coaster ride.

The screenwriter team wrote an exhilarating story that really captures the audience attention from start to finish and Jaume Collet-Serra directed a solid plot that kept the movie's pace going strong, leaving no room with unnecessary fillers that tends to drag the story. There are a few camp and corny moments here and there, but the acting was realistic and believable enough to keep the movie dramatic and engaging.

Overall, it's a great action film that is full of twists and turns that will make you glued to the screen and have you guessing the unpredictable outcomes. Highly recommended.

Grade B+

Non-Stop was one exciting plane thriller!

Author: tavm from Baton Rouge, LA
2 March 2014

Just watched this with my movie theatre-working friend. We both were watching this for the first time and we both were thrilled by it. Liam Neeson plays someone taking a flight from London. The only other player we recognized was Julianne Moore and not much is learned about her during most of the narrative except she takes a lot of flights and was coming from a trying day. Oh, and she observes most of the action when Liam talks to the crew on board when the crises happens. Plenty of twists happen when trying to guess which passenger is responsible for some threatening comments on Neeson's tablet so that was a plus. In other words, it was riveting throughout! Really, all I'll say now is I and my friend highly recommend Non-Stop!

Much Better Than I Expected

Author: Sahl_95 from United Kingdom
7 March 2014

When I first saw the trailer, I thought it would just be another generic action movie. However, I found myself to be enjoying the movie and was entertained.

Non-Stop stars Liam Neeson as air marshall Bill Marks. The journey starts out as any other until he gets a text from an unknown person which says that he will kill one person every 20 minutes unless $150 million is transferred to a bank account.

As the movie progresses, the stakes get higher and things just keep getting worse for Liam Neeson's character. If you haven't watched the trailer, there is a twist which would have made some scenes much better. In my opinion, don't think they should have shown that in the trailer.

Along the way, there are some sweet action scenes and plenty of moments to keep you guessing. You will have to suspend a lot of disbelief though, some of the events that happened were timed so perfectly and seemed just lucky to even occur the way it did.

The final third of the movie, although very entertaining, felt a bit weaker than the rest of the movie. Mainly because of the reasons of the villains -didn't really like reason. Apart from that, I enjoyed the action, the story and the ending. Plenty of action to keep you entertained and a decent story.

Pure Non-Stop Action

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
19 July 2014

The alcoholic and discredited air marshal Bill Marks (Liam Neeson) is a former cop that still grieves the death of his eight year-old daughter that died of leukemia. Bill is assigned to a flight from New York to London and the passenger Jen Summers (Julianne Moore) sits on his side in the first-class. When the plane is crossing the Atlantic Ocean, Bill receives text messages telling him that one passenger will die every twenty minutes unless the TSA air flight company transfers 150 million dollars to an offshore account. Bill contacts his superior that does not believe in his words. Further they discover that the bank account is in the name of Bill. Now Bill has to find the terrorist with the support of Jen and the flight attendant Nancy (Michelle Dockery) only and soon he finds a bomb on board. But the TSA representative believes that Bill is the terrorist. Will he succeed in saving the passengers lives?

"Non-Stop" is a non-stop action thriller with a simple but engaging story in a claustrophobic environment. The camera work is outstanding considering such narrow space and the performances are magnificent. The plot keeps the mystery to the very end and the viewers guessing who might be the terrorist. Liam Neeson and the gorgeous Julianne Moore are like wine, the older they are the better. If the procedure of putting a bomb in the rear of the airplane is for real, why not building a reinforced box in the location to protect the airplane structure? My vote is eight.

Title (Brazil): "Sem Escalas" ("Non-Stop")

Thrilling and Exciting All the Way Through,

Author: Dillon Harris from Ireland
13 March 2014

Non-Stop is a great movie with a well developed storyline and a talented cast.The films story was certainly an original one,and I though I think the final half of the movie is a disappointment,the movie is still a very exciting action and thriller from start to finish.Liam Neeson is without a doubt the best actor in this film,he really carries the rest of the cast and the movie certainly wouldn't be the same without him as the very likable lead,although Julianne Moore did deliver a great performance and none of the actors were bad.The reason why I was disappointed by the ending is because it seemed like there was going to be an amazing twist,but that never happened,nothing was very shocking which I did find to be a big disappointment.Non-Stop is a very enjoyable movie that I would recommend to fans of Liam Neeson,thrillers and actions.

On a plane headed to London,an air marshall must springs in to action after he receives text messages that someone will kill a passenger on the plane every twenty minutes unless the airline transfers $150 million in to an anonymous bank account.

Implausibility reigns supreme here,

Author: Zbigniew_Krycsiwiki from United States
15 March 2014

What could have been a fun throwback to disaster movies from the 1970s, about a bomb on a plane and a terrorist threat, is over complicated with its political subtexts and wholly unbelievable contrivances.

Liam Neeson is good, as usual, as an Air Marshall who begins receiving text messages threatening to kill a passenger on board his midair flight (from NY to London) every 20 minutes, unless a huge ransom is paid to a bank account in Neeson's own character's name. The first death, at the hands of Neeson's character himself, was clever and well done, I thought. But the explanation later given for that death was ridiculous, and that's it for originality here, unless you call absurdly drilling a hole from the toilet to the cockpit originality.

One ludicrous twist after another follows, as nearly every stereotypical character in arm's length is turned into a red herring at some point. Julianne Moore is mostly there just to act suspiciously, and babble about her surgery, which is completely irrelevant to the plot.

The conclusion takes itself FAR too seriously, going from what should have been a fun action thriller off into a political message movie, by claiming the two men responsible for these actions were motivated by 9/11. But then the screenplay reverts to its illogical ways, as the two men responsible for this are going to ... wait for it, wait for it, parachute from the plane flying over the Atlantic Ocean. Then what? Will they swim to the UK?

Film tries to work as a mystery, but with so very many red herrings, startling coincidences, and plot holes, it falls flat.

Page 1 of 39:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]